DCS Su-30M/MK MOD

42 minutes ago, sa63114200 said:

freebirddz,

. . . Also, for those of us who do not wish to open an account on Discord, having a link to download your code on this forum is vey much appreciated.

+1

also gear up/down are inverted at least on my x56 where I have it bind as (Gear Down is Joy_BTN11 and Gear Up is Joy_BTN10 as normal) and sometimes click it twice maybe is my throttle or bug,

best regards

Edited by Sarabi

3 hours ago, sa63114200 said:

What about missing bindings to dispense flare/chaff countermeasures? Clicking on a button in the cockpit in the middle of a dogfight is not practical! This is a must have and above all else, in my opinion.

You can definitely bind the countermeasures keys to hotas buttons (I have). The problem is that in "MAN" (manual mode), you still have to choose a program and then click "start program" or "stop program". Right now, program P2 is the one that dispenses 5 chaff and program P1 and P4 (??) dispense flairs (P4 shoots all the flares, I think). So, you have to switch to program P2 for BVR, then quickly switch back to P1 or P4 when you get close enough for heat seekers. I wish there was a way - in manual mode - to just bind one button to release one flare per press and one button to release one chaff per press. I can then decide which button to press and how many times/how frequently based on the situation.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Doc3908 said:

You can definitely bind the countermeasures keys to hotas buttons (I have). The problem is that in "MAN" (manual mode), you still have to choose a program and then click "start program" or "stop program". Right now, program P2 is the one that dispenses 5 chaff and program P1 and P4 (??) dispense flairs (P4 shoots all the flares, I think). So, you have to switch to program P2 for BVR, then quickly switch back to P1 or P4 when you get close enough for heat seekers. I wish there was a way - in manual mode - to just bind one button to release one flare per press and one button to release one chaff per press. I can then decide which button to press and how many times/how frequently based on the situation.

Thank you. This was helpful. I agree with you that being able to release one flare or one chaff per pressing of buttons on Hotas is ideal, very much like all the other FC3s. Having said that, I did something to the F-16 to achieve just that. I manipulated the config file and changed the programs such that it would relase one countermeasure of my choice. I was hoping we wouldn't need to go there with this module. Let me poke around and see what I can do. If I can manage that, I'll report back here.

Ok, I think I got this countermeasure thing figured out. It's fairly simple.

First thing to do prior to combat is to use your mouse to set the knob on the ECM panel to "Man." (Note to freebirddz, please reverse the mouse buttons for the knob to be consistent with other knobs in the cockpit; left mouse button should turn the knob counterclockwise and right mouse button should be clockwise.)

At this point, pressing Dispense button using mouse (or LCtrl-Del key bound to Hotas) will start dispensing 5 flares in P1. If you advance the program to 2 (LCtrl-Home), it will similarly dispense 5 chaffs.

Now, for those who prefer to release only 1 countermeasure at the time, all we have to do is to modify the count in the "Mods\aircraft\Su-30MK\Cockpit\Scripts\ECM\stores_config.lua" file. Use Notepad++ and change the "ecm_program[ecm_prod_count][seq]['qty']"  from the default of 6 to 2. Save.

-- R1:F6I30
ecm_prod_count = 1
ecm_program[ecm_prod_count] = {}
seq = 1
ecm_program[ecm_prod_count][seq]   = {}
ecm_program[ecm_prod_count][seq]['etype'] = 'F'
ecm_program[ecm_prod_count][seq]['qty']  = 6
ecm_program[ecm_prod_count][seq]['interval'] = 30
ecm_program[ecm_prod_count]['rept']  = 1
ecm_program[ecm_prod_count]['start'] = 'F'
ecm_program[ecm_prod_count]['seq']   = seq

-- R1:C6I30
ecm_prod_count = ecm_prod_count + 1
seq = 1
ecm_program[ecm_prod_count][seq]['etype'] = 'C'
ecm_program[ecm_prod_count]['start'] = 'C'

• Thanks 3

17 hours ago, Sarabi said:

also gear up/down are inverted at least on my x56 where I have it bind as (Gear Down is Joy_BTN11 and Gear Up is Joy_BTN10 as normal) and sometimes click it twice maybe is my throttle or bug,

No, I have the same problem with my TM Warthog. The both entries on the Controls setting page are switched. You can also test it with the keyboard keys, it's the same. I posted the issue already on their discord channel.

ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, AMD Ryzen 3800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX 6800 XT, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 250 GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 1 TB (DCS World), Gigabyte G27QC Gaming Monitor, DelanClip Gamer, WINWING F-16EX Metal Flightstick with Orion2 Joystick Base, WINWING F-15EX II Metal Throttle with Orion2 Throttle Base, WINWING PTO 2 Take Off Panel, VIRPIL Controls Ace Flight Pedals, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, Windows 10 Pro

Taking the countermeasure thing one last step further, I have modified the programs such that:

P1 dispenses one flare. P2 dispenses one chaff. P3 dispenses one flare and one chaff (this is for when the threat is unknown.)

On my Hotas, I have one button mapped to dispensing countermeasures (LCtrl-Del) and one button mapped to cycling through countermeasure programs (LCtrl-Home).

Backup your original "stores_config.lua" and copy my modified file to Mods\aircraft\Su-30MK\Cockpit\Scripts\ECM folder folder.

stores_config.lua

Edited by sa63114200
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, sa63114200 said:

Ok, I think I got this countermeasure thing figured out. It's fairly simple.

First thing to do prior to combat is to use your mouse to set the knob on the ECM panel to "Man." (Note to freebirddz, please reverse the mouse buttons for the knob to be consistent with other knobs in the cockpit; left mouse button should turn the knob counterclockwise and right mouse button should be clockwise.)

At this point, pressing Dispense button using mouse (or LCtrl-Del key bound to Hotas) will start dispensing 5 flares in P1. If you advance the program to 2 (LCtrl-Home), it will similarly dispense 5 chaffs.

Now, for those who prefer to release only 1 countermeasure at the time, all we have to do is to modify the count in the "Mods\aircraft\Su-30MK\Cockpit\Scripts\ECM\stores_config.lua" file. Use Notepad++ and change the "ecm_program[ecm_prod_count][seq]['qty']"  from the default of 6 to 2. Save.

-- R1:F6I30
ecm_prod_count = 1
seq = 1
ecm_program[ecm_prod_count][seq]['etype'] = 'F'
ecm_program[ecm_prod_count]['start'] = 'F'

-- R1:C6I30
ecm_prod_count = ecm_prod_count + 1
seq = 1
ecm_program[ecm_prod_count][seq]['etype'] = 'C'
ecm_program[ecm_prod_count]['start'] = 'C'

Thanks, SA63114200!

Is there a way to map the TV switch on the stick to hotas?  The switch on the left-side panel can be enabled before you get into a fight, but the switch on the stick that actually turns TV on is inconvenient to access in the middle of a dogfight.

Edited by Doc3908
Specified the wrong control by accident...

38 minutes ago, Doc3908 said:

Thanks, SA63114200!

Is there a way to map the TV switch on the throttle to hotas?  The switch on the left-side panel can be enabled before you get into a fight, but the switch on the throttle that actually turns TV on is inconvenient to access in the middle of a dogfight.

I don't see any clickable switch on the throttle! So I am afraid, the answer is no. Generally speaking, any functionality, clickable or not, must be supported by the developer in their modeling. I suggest you  send this request to freebirddz.

9 minutes ago, sa63114200 said:

I don't see any clickable switch on the throttle! So I am afraid, the answer is no. Generally speaking, any functionality, clickable or not, must be supported by the developer in their modeling. I suggest you  send this request to freebirddz.

Sorry, I meant on the stick. It's the tiny white switch on the stick that turns on TV once it's been enabled from the left-side panel. I went through the mappings and didn't see one either. Hopefully in the next version.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Doc3908 said:

Sorry, I meant on the stick. It's the tiny white switch on the stick that turns on TV once it's been enabled from the left-side panel. I went through the mappings and didn't see one either. Hopefully in the next version.

Oh, of course! Thrust Vectoring already defined under "ASC Direct Control" in the control mapping with the key 'S'. The naming comes from FC3 of course, but arguably, for Su-30 the description could include Thrust Vectoring as well.

Edited by sa63114200
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, sa63114200 said:

Oh, of course! Thrust Vectoring already defined under "ASC Direct Control" in the control mapping with the key 'S'. The naming comes from FC3 of course, but arguably, for Su-30 the description could include Thrust Vectoring as well.

OH!!! Duh!! I should have guessed. On the SU-27, however, the 'S' simply disables the automatic stability system - there's no TV. I assumed that it's the same on the Su-30 - 's' disables the stability control system. I did not think that it controls the TV, but I guess it makes sense.  I'll give it a try tonight when I get home from work. Cheers!

Edited by Doc3908

I see both Air to Air and Air to Ground versions of Malaysian and Indian SU-30.

But only Air to Ground version of Russian plane.

And the new R-77M missiles are available only for the Russian fighter.. So confusing.

How to enable Russian Air to Air version?

Извините за внимание

Hello,

I searched the FAQs for my problem but couldn't find anything. I downloaded update 2.01B and duly copied it to Saved Games/DCS Open Beta/Mods. However, the mod is not displayed in the Missions Editor. I also have the FC3 and SU-33 module. The only model shown is the SU-30 AI. I didn't have that problem with the first release. Can you help me please? What am I doing wrong?

Edit: I found the problem: 

I have to disable List of Historical Units in Editor

image.png

Edited by CpAleks
  • Like 2

Downloaded the new 2.01B.zip from the first Google link and installed it in place of the 2.0 version. Once again all the old issues came up - no air-to-air modes, no radar, no helmet, etc. I think I'll wait until v.3 (stable) is out...

Edited by Doc3908

4 hours ago, Doc3908 said:

Downloaded the new 2.01B.zip from the first Google link and installed it in place of the 2.0 version. Once again all the old issues came up - no air-to-air modes, no radar, no helmet, etc. I think I'll wait until v.3 (stable) is out...

Even for 3.0, same issue No AA no Radar, No Helmet.

you need to see how to tutorial to understand why !

• Like 2

MOD Logo - 100.png

Given the speculation that Iran is interested in buying Su-35 and/or Su-30, I was keen on making a fictional livery for IRIAF when this module came out. Since no exact timeframe has been given for the paint kit, I went ahead and did a quick/dirty skin to fill the gap for those who would like to fly with such a livery for the time being. This skin is based on the MKA variant, but I will redo and use an original pattern based on the IRIAF MiG-29A once the paint kit is out.

You can download the skin from my repository of Iranian planes (with a few fictional ones):  dropbox.com/sh/pefys8tdgqmqee1/AAA76Rwz_h_Kc33qKZbckpcLa?dl=0.

Happy flying!

IRIAF Su-30.jpg

Edited by sa63114200
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

5 hours ago, freebirddz said:

Even for 3.0, same issue No AA no Radar, No Helmet.

you need to see how to tutorial to understand why !

You right - I forgot to set up the config.lua file. 🙂 Cheers!

1 hour ago, sa63114200 said:

Given the speculation that Iran is interested in buying Su-35 and/or Su-30, I was keen on making a fictional livery for IRIAF when this module came out. Since no exact timeframe has been given for the paint kit, I went ahead and did a quick and dirty skin to fill the gap for those who would like to fly with such a livery for time being. This skin is based on the MKA variant, but I will redo and use original pattern based on IRIAF MiG-29A once the paint kit is out.

You can download the skin from my repository of Iranian planes (with a few fictional ones):  dropbox.com/sh/pefys8tdgqmqee1/AAA76Rwz_h_Kc33qKZbckpcLa?dl=0.

Happy flying!

IRIAF Su-30.jpg

Nice!!!

vor 3 Stunden schrieb milit:

Are there any servers, where I can fly online on this a/c?

Hello,

our training server has the SU-30. Server name: VF-235 Royal Jackdaws Training. IP: 144.76.199.144:1038. SRS and Tacview are also installed and running.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kim said:

Great skin but which variant folder does this go in as I cant get it to show up on the list of aircrafts. I see you mention MKA but no show 😞

Thanks

Thanks Kim. I chose the MKI variant, but this skin can be applied to any variant.

For installation,

- Download and unzip the "Su-30MKI.rar" file and move the "Su-30MKI" folder to your ~Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Liveries.

- Open the "~\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Scripts\Database\db_counties.lua" file using Notepad++. Add this line "cnt_unit( units.Planes.Plane, "Su-30MKI");" under the "local units = country:get("IRAN").Units" (run a quick search to find it)

- In the Mission Editor, you will see the skin called "IR IRIAF 3-8214" under Iran.

The only issue is that after each DCS update, the db_countries.lua file is reset, so you need to either, add the line again, or simply copy a backup of the file to that location (which is what I do) to see the skin in the mission editor. But, to only use the skin in your defined missions, you don't need to have the line present in the db_countries.lua file.

Hope this helps.

Edited by sa63114200
  • Thanks 1