DCS Su-30MK MOD

In order to realize the possibility of using flares and chaffs, this multi-position switch must be switched. Unfortunately, I can't find it in the list of commands. Dear mod developers, please add a command to this switch (marked in red "Mode Dispense contre mesure") so that it can be installed on the joystick.

Безымянный.jpg

Edited by RaptorFighter
Дополнение

1 hour ago, RaptorFighter said:

In order to realize the possibility of using flares and chaffs, this multi-position switch must be switched. Unfortunately, I can't find it in the list of commands. Dear mod developers, please add a command to this switch (marked in red "Mode Dispense contre mesure") so that it can be installed on the joystick.

Безымянный.jpg

Hi man ! the idea is why to bind ever switch and make the cockpit clickable ? only HOTAS keys maybe bind on stick and throttle, others like real life need to be flapped in cockpit.

MOD Logo - 100.png

I don't seem to be able to change my UFC or cockpit from the default settings in the config file. 

I change the values  but when in DCS the cockpit is all screwed up 😞

What is the difference between the SSM & ASM cockpits ??

Any advice would be much appreciated

• Like 1

31 минуту назад, freebirddz сказал:

Hi man ! the idea is why to bind ever switch and make the cockpit clickable ? only HOTAS keys maybe bind on stick and throttle, others like real life need to be flapped in cockpit.

And what about avtopilot? What can You tell us about the question?

Edited by RaptorFighter

25 minutes ago, Kim said:

I don't seem to be able to change my UFC or cockpit from the default settings in the config file. 

I change the values  but when in DCS the cockpit is all screwed up 😞

What is the difference between the SSM & ASM cockpits ??

Any advice would be much appreciated

don't need to change any thing about that, used for earlier tests

15 minutes ago, RaptorFighter said:

And what about avtopilot? What can You tell us about the question?

there are 4 switches for autopilot below throttle

MOD Logo - 100.png

20 minutes ago, RaptorFighter said:

Tell me in this case, maybe I'm so blind that somewhere I missed the presence of an indication of the operation of the flaps and air brake?...)

Airbrak are 2 position switch on Throttle and key bind, Flaps will be automatic up/down for now it's key bind UP/Down too

MOD Logo - 100.png

3 hours ago, freebirddz said:

don't need to change any thing about that, used for earlier tests

there are 4 switches for autopilot below throttle

BTW 2 of them have the same name...altitude hold...shouldn't one of them be attitude?

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

3 часа назад, freebirddz сказал:

Airbrak are 2 position switch on Throttle and key bind, Flaps will be automatic up/down for now it's key bind UP/Down too

Sir, we're not flying on a tractor! Even in the Su-27P there was an indication of the release of flaps and air brakes. In the Su-30 we have THREE DISPLAYS and I do not believe that it is impossible to implement a visual indication of the state of the aircraft's control surfaces on any page!

P.S. You've done an awesome Job! And for this, thank you very-very much! But look how licked the F-22A avionics Dear Nightstorm! He did his best by no-owning SDK. From this point of view, in your case, a lot more can be done...))) Sincerely,...

Edited by RaptorFighter
Ошибка

34 minutes ago, RaptorFighter said:

Sir, we're not flying on a tractor! Even in the Su-27P there was an indication of the release of flaps and air brakes. In the Su-30 we have THREE DISPLAYS and I do not believe that it is impossible to implement a visual indication of the state of the aircraft's control surfaces on any page!

P.S. You've done an awesome Job! And for this, thank you very-very much! But look how licked the F-22A avionics Dear Nightstorm! He did his best by no-owning SDK. From this point of view, in your case, a lot more can be done...))) Sincerely,...

Thank you, yeah lot can be done. WIP

MOD Logo - 100.png

23 минуты назад, freebirddz сказал:

Thank you, yeah lot can be done. WIP

From the point of view of ergonomics and combat, the maximum unloading of the pilot is necessary. All major modes should have their visualization literally out of the corner of the pilot's eye. The selection of selected missiles on the MASD page should not be white, but RED. On all pages, the inscription of the MASTER ARM status should be clearly visible. 

In a real Su-30SM, green, red, and blue colors are used to the extent necessary on the displays. I hope You, being a fan of this wonderful aircraft, will make it for the perfect kind.

Edited by RaptorFighter
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, RaptorFighter said:

From the point of view of ergonomics and combat, the maximum unloading of the pilot is necessary. All major modes should have their visualization literally out of the corner of the pilot's eye. The selection of selected missiles on the MASD page should not be white, but RED. On all pages, the inscription of the MASTER ARM status should be clearly visible. 

In a real Su-30SM, green, red, and blue colors are used to the extent necessary on the displays. I hope You, being a fan of this wonderful aircraft, will make it for the perfect kind.

thank you for the advice, no real documentation we working with. if you think you have any just come to DISCORD and show us 🙂

MOD Logo - 100.png

38 минут назад, freebirddz сказал:

thank you for the advice, no real documentation we working with. if you think you have any just come to DISCORD and show us 🙂

From the point of view of the cockpit indication and graphics design ideology, you can safely feel Pride. And to display the state of the weapon switch mode and control surfaces, you can show your own imagination and designer skills. It is absolutely not necessary to strive for 100% accuracy of graphics for a real device. Unload the pilot, do not make him turn his head and look at the state of the toggle switches and buttons (a real pilot also has a sense of touch and muscle memory, and we are virtual pilots turn our heads), at the time when you need to fight. Therefore, in terms of documentation, you already have everything. Realize to the maximum what the cockpit of the Su-33 in FC3 allows.✊

For example, I give a view of the cockpit of the F-22A Nightstorm. With one Long-range air combat button, this type of avionics is launched. The pilot needs to turn on the master arm, ECM and find the target on the radar... Here is a good level of ergonomics.

Screen_220204_224054.png

Edited by RaptorFighter
Ошибка
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How do I switch targets? Once I lock up a target in BVR mode, I can't switch it. I tried binding the "Next airfield or target" option to different hotas buttons, but none of them seem to do anything - once a target it locked, the only way I can unlock it it switch the radar off and on again... Any help is appreciated.

9 часов назад, Doc3908 сказал:

How do I switch targets? Once I lock up a target in BVR mode, I can't switch it. I tried binding the "Next airfield or target" option to different hotas buttons, but none of them seem to do anything - once a target it locked, the only way I can unlock it it switch the radar off and on again... Any help is appreciated.

I specifically checked myself. Didn't find any such problem. Cancellation of a locked target is correct.

On 2/4/2022 at 8:04 PM, RaptorFighter said:

interesting, this is definitely dcs/edge engine. . . battlefield simulator (TBS)??

10 hours ago, Doc3908 said:

If you have BVR mapped to your Hotas, then pressing that button will unlock your target and you can proceed to lock a new one.

On 2/2/2022 at 11:29 PM, grishik said:

If you change the line in Su-30MKI.lua like this Countries = {"India", "Russia", "Iran", "CJTF_RED"} then nothing will be reset after DCS update.

Absolutely correct. This may be the preferred way of doing it. Thanks.

On 2/3/2022 at 5:30 AM, kdc said:

Many thanks for your detailed reply, 

Not had to do that for any other skin install, will give it a go 🙂

So there are two ways of doing it, as you have seen by reply from grishik. However, there are pros and cons to each method.

If you do not have a whole lot of modules that require change such as this, and your intended module is stable enough that you don't have to come back and re-add the line after module update, then this simple edit is to way to go. But, if you do, then updating one db_countries.lua file in one location may be preferred. To give you an example, Iranian tankers are 747 and 707, which do not exist in DCS. So I use KC-135 AI instead. Instead of editing the DCS AI config after each release, I add another line to the db_countries.lua file. Of course because I have a bunch of other assets that I need to make such a modification, instead of modifying ten files in ten different locations (which I need to keep track of), I have written a simple script that will copy my master db_countries.lua file with all the necessary lines for me. All I do after a DCS release is to click on a shortcut on the desktop and I am good until the next release.

Edited by sa63114200

2 hours ago, sa63114200 said:

If you have BVR mapped to your Hotas, then pressing that button will unlock your target and you can proceed to lock a new one.

Thanks again, SA!! You've been so helpful! I'd still like to see this functionality properly mapped rather than having to re-set BVR mode. 

Edited by Doc3908