DCS Su-30M/MK MOD

On 5/12/2022 at 11:51 AM, freebirddz said:

This is real life problem for all aircraft without sun filter like Su25/27 ! try to not put the sun on your face ! we try to put some color on the glass

Hello freebirddz! Could You post the files for such a change in the color of the HUD

• Like 1

How to use new version of R-77 on Russian variant of Su-30?

Is Russian variant of the plane for Air-to-Ground operations only? But at the same time it's the only one that can use new R-77.

Please, explain how to use air-to-air mode on Russian variant... I tried playing with the options of the module in special options menu, but it didn't help. 

Извините за внимание

1 час назад, Солус сказал:

Как использовать новую версию Р-77 на российском варианте Су-30?

Российский вариант самолета только для операций "воздух-земля"? Но в то же время он единственный, кто может использовать новую Р-77.

Объясните, пожалуйста, как использовать режим "воздух-воздух" на русском варианте... Пробовал играться с настройками модуля в меню специальных настроек, не помогло. 

Если вы хотите использовать Су-30СМ в качестве истребителя, вам необходимо переназначить его в файле config.lua, как на скриншоте.

config.lua.jpg

Безымянный.jpg

Edited by RaptorFighter
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 часа назад, RaptorFighter сказал:

Screen_220625_112017.png

Спасибо за дальнейшее улучшение мода! Вопрос, возможно ли отредактировать подписи (подобрать шрифт, пробелы) на дисплее под ИЛС, чтобы они совпадали со знакоместами? Сейчас выглядит довольно странно, символы светятся между знакомест, будто это не символьный ЖК дисплей, а обычный со странным ячеистым рисунком. Если это нет возможности исправить, то может быть просто сделать более темную зеленую текстуру вместо этих ячеек, чтобы это не бросалось в глаза? Кабина прекрасна, а эта штука прямо перед носом висит и раздражает 😁

24 minutes ago, Fiztex said:

Спасибо за дальнейшее улучшение мода! Вопрос, возможно ли отредактировать подписи (подобрать шрифт, пробелы) на дисплее под ИЛС, чтобы они совпадали со знакоместами? Сейчас выглядит довольно странно, символы светятся между знакомест, будто это не символьный ЖК дисплей, а обычный со странным ячеистым рисунком. Если это нет возможности исправить, то может быть просто сделать более темную зеленую текстуру вместо этих ячеек, чтобы это не бросалось в глаза? Кабина прекрасна, а эта штука прямо перед носом висит и раздражает 😁

I didn't pay attention to it at all. It's weird, but it doesn't bother me at all...) (Я вообще не обращал на это внимание. Странно, но меня вообще не раздражает...) )

Если сильно раздражает, то попробуйте поэкспериментировать с файлом:

Su-30MK_SFM v2.01B/Cockpit/Scripts/Radios/Indicator/indication_page.lua

В строке 11 указан тип шрифта Arial_17

Edited by RaptorFighter

13 минут назад, RaptorFighter сказал:

I didn't pay attention to it at all. It's weird, but it doesn't bother me at all...) (Я вообще не обращал на это внимание. Странно, но меня вообще не раздражает...) )

That's just a food for thought, I will probably learn to not notice it too some day, if you decide not to change it. E.g. as a reference you can look at the original FA-18C UFC - ED made these symbol places barely visible, actually so barely that even a simple green texture would work.

IRL to see these spots on such an LCD you are going to need the sun to shine directly towards this display. Normally the pilot's head is in the way 😁 I believe most of the photos where it's clearly visible were made using flash on a camera.

Edited by Fiztex

10 minutes ago, Fiztex said:

That's just a food for thought, I will probably learn to not notice it too some day, if you decide not to change it. E.g. as a reference you can look at the original FA-18C UFC - ED made these symbol places barely visible, actually so barely that even a simple green texture would work.

IRL to see these spots on such an LCD you are going to need the sun to shine directly towards this display. Normally the pilot's head is in the way 😁 I believe most of the photos where it's clearly visible were made using flash on a camera.

I suggest you contact the mod developer with similar questions.)

4 минуты назад, RaptorFighter сказал:

I suggest you contact the mod developer with similar questions.)

Indeed, sorry, I thought you are one of them since you've been doing improvements. My bad 🙂

@freebirddz Hi, can you please have a look at a couple posts above?

Edited by Fiztex

40 минут назад, RaptorFighter сказал:

Do you mean it?

Screen_220625_145324+.png

Yep, this is also a symbolic display, a different type though (dot-matrix). If you look carefully you'll see what is forming the symbols there, but one needs to look very carefully to see it. The point is that this background is not noticeable, same as IRL.

5 минут назад, RaptorFighter сказал:

In my humble opinion, everything looks fine.

Screen_220625_152700.png

Well, against the bright light like here it should be completely invisible (basically black), and yet you can still see the matrix structure here. Although I agree that on this screenshot it's less noticeable. It should be like this with the sun at the back, and completely dark with the sun in front. It's more noticeable in VR for some reason.

I see now on the discord that it was already mentioned, so the mod devs are aware of this and it's up to them whether to fix this or not.

Edited by Fiztex

9 minutes ago, Fiztex said:

Yep, this is also a symbolic display, a different type though (dot-matrix). If you look carefully you'll see what is forming the symbols there, but one needs to look very carefully to see it. The point is that this background is not noticeable, same as IRL.

Well, against the bright light like here it should be completely invisible (basically black), and yet you can still see the matrix structure here. Although I agree that on this screenshot it's less noticeable. It should be like this with the sun at the back, and completely dark with the sun in front. It's more noticeable in VR for some reason.

I see now on the discord that it was already mentioned, so the mod devs are aware of this and it's up to them whether to fix this or not.

I am aware that this is a dot-matrix type of indication and I can see the dots well. Su-30 is another type of indication. It's right. Therefore, the brightness of the numbers there is many times higher than that of the Hornet.

Безымянный.png

• Like 1

13 минут назад, RaptorFighter сказал:

I am aware that this is a dot-matrix type of indication and I can see the dots well. Su-30 is another type of indication. It's right. Therefore, the brightness of the numbers there is many times higher than that of the Hornet.

Безымянный.png

That's correct. And because it's much brighter you can't see the symbol forming elements or a backlight of this display, maybe only on camera in some specific conditions, as cameras have a limited dynamic range. Since we don't have HDR or other way to make something really bright I believe we need to "cheat" and make it at least the same contrast as IRL. Just look at this, this is a complete opposite of what it should be:

Maybe this is because of the material used, I don't know. Maybe if it weren't that reflective and background was darker it would look closer to real life. Anyway, I'm not an expert in texturing, I just see that this is wrong 🙂 Great if possible to fix. OK if not, it's a free mod after all.

Edited by Fiztex

51 minutes ago, RaptorFighter said:

Do you mean it?

Screen_220625_145324+.png

We try to keep things as they are in real life, sure some are others we still working on it.

Feel free to do any Personal customs you want, that will engage only your self 🙂 , we will love if you focus all you works to improve the actual built to much better real life, since you skilled guy, much textures, fonts, elements ... thank you any way

Good luck and have fun

• Like 1

MOD Logo - 100.png

Hi Everyone, since latest OB update I have an issue with the Su 30 SM - see video attached. the cockpit is stuck on that visual, no matter if is reset to straight forward position, it's jump back to this "seat"visual. Any other version MKM, MKI etc. works fine instead. It's not a conflict with other mods, as I tried to remove all other mods from aircraft folder, but issue stays.

Any help? thanks 

Improved the file containing threat codes on the RWR screen. Added all kinds of ships, aircraft, active missiles with a radar homing head. I tried to highlight the released third-party mods as much as possible.
Just replace the file with the one of the same name from the attachment. Don't forget to make a backup.

Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/Mods/Aircraft/Su-30MK_SFM v2.01B/Cockpit/Scripts/RWR/symboles.lua

symboles.lua

Edited by RaptorFighter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nickkerkwijk said:

Is one of these AA Su30 models capable of using TWS? And how do you use it?

No there non ! they use Su33 avionics, TWS is just for Mig29 avionics, if used Mig29 they will lose Datalink, Russian TWS is not as US one, it's better to keep Datalink then TWS

• Thanks 1

MOD Logo - 100.png