Issues finding certain MP servers

ChanNyRE

Hey all,

Having some issue joining the server 4YA Full On War on the Open Beta version (Steam)

Its only for the caucasus map this happen for, but only the 4YA servers

Before anyone ask, i have done the following.

• Connect via IP
  • Disableing Firewall and Anti Virus
  • VPN
  • Disabeling and re-enabeling IPv6
  • Pinged to the IP server to confirm, no issues with internet

I find it very weird, specially when it is a completely fresh install of DCS (on a different disk)

As i could join the servers before

Will add the DCS log below.

Thanks

dcs.log

Hi. I've tried to join the server but I was taken back to the servers list shortly after.

2020-10-04 19:23:53.937 INFO Dispatcher: //=== END OF INIT ======================================//

2020-10-04 19:23:53.937 INFO EDCORE: (dDispatcher)enterToState_:2

2020-10-04 19:23:53.954 INFO EDCORE: (dDispatcher)enterToState_:3

2020-10-04 19:23:53.954 INFO Lua: Lua CPU usage: metric: average game loading: 52.0720 %

2020-10-04 19:23:53.968 INFO DCS: Screen: MainMenu

2020-10-04 19:24:01.255 INFO SOUND: Using SSSE3 for peak calc.

2020-10-04 19:24:01.283 INFO NET: client has started

2020-10-04 19:24:01.284 INFO NET: Using LEDBAT for UDP congestion control.

2020-10-04 19:24:18.968 ERROR NET: dropped serverinfo(46.186.137.217:10308 :: unknown request id

2020-10-04 19:24:44.615 WARNING LOG: 3 duplicate message(s) skipped.

2020-10-04 19:24:44.615 INFO DCS: Screen: Client

2020-10-04 19:24:46.740 INFO NET: disconnected from server

2020-10-04 19:24:46.760 INFO NET: client has stopped

The only difference I see wih the other servers is the integrity check which is on. Your client must be pure to play on this server (see the green icon).

Screen-201004-212439.png

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Hi. I've tried to join the server but I was taken back to the servers list shortly after.

The only difference I see wih the other servers is the integrity check which is on. Your client must be pure to play on this server (see the green icon).

Screen-201004-212439.png

Strange, it is a fresh install of DCS but maby there is something in the Saved Games fold that is making it conflict?

Strange, it is a fresh install of DCS but maby there is something in the Saved Games fold that is making it conflict?

Update, just removed everything in my Saved Games folder. Still no bueno on finding the server on the list nor Connecting with IP

I've been having this issue for years now. I've done the same as you, changed my DNS settings. The only thing I can do is keep refreshing until the server I want shows. Sometimes I can restart and the first load will show every server, but if I disconnect or crash the issue reoccurs.

If i try to direct connect via IP it tells me the server is offline.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rig: :joystick: :pilotfly:

AMD FX8350 8 core @ Stock Clock

G. Skill X Series 32GB (4x 8GB) @ 2200Mhz OC

GTX 1070 8GB

Corsair H110 Liquid Cooler

I've been having this issue for years now. I've done the same as you, changed my DNS settings. The only thing I can do is keep refreshing until the server I want shows. Sometimes I can restart and the first load will show every server, but if I disconnect or crash the issue reoccurs.

If i try to direct connect via IP it tells me the server is offline.

Tried this for about an hour, but still didn't manage to get up the server that i was looking for.

Do you have any kind of server (not necessarily DCS) or remote service of your own running on your internal network?

No, just the computer which i directly connected to my router. And no dedicated server / remote service on it.

In case it works with the stable version, and only with it, you should try renaming your "C:\Users\your_name\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta" folder as "DCS.openbeta_backup", then run the OB and try to find the servers.

In case it works with the stable version, and only with it, you should try renaming your "C:\Users\your_name\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta" folder as "DCS.openbeta_backup", then run the OB and try to find the servers.

Final update.

After jumping over to Stable, starting up DCS and then reinstalling Beta.

I was unable to find the server [83.255.209.224:10326] on the list. So i decided to test out the above.

First i wanna note, that i was able to see more server then previously (+2 more 4YA servers, but not Full On War server)

After renaming the folder to DCS.openbeta_backup i booted up DCS, here i was missing the two new 4YA servers, but i tried to connect to [83.255.209.224:10326] which i could. But it was still not showing on the list.

Then after shutting down DCS, going back and renaming the DCS backup folder back to just DCS.

Started up DCS and on the MP list, the +2 4YA server where back. Tried to connect to [83.255.209.224:10326] and it was a success.

Still unable to see it on the server, but i think something got bumped back into place.

Still wondering what might be the cause for this, if DCS does not like how Steam handles games being moved to other storages? or smoething in that line.

Ah, some progress at last! Glad you can finally play on your favorite server. I have no idea what has changed in your old DCS.openbeta atfer your renamed it twice.

Have you deleted the new DCS.openbeta before renaming the old one with its original name? Or have you overwritten the new one?

Ah, some progress at last! Glad you can finally play on your favorite server. I have no idea what has changed in your old DCS.openbeta atfer your renamed it twice.

Have you deleted the new DCS.openbeta before renaming the old one with its original name? Or have you overwritten the new one?

deleted the new DCS.openbeta, then renamed the original back to its first name.

OK, then it shouldn't have fixed anything, from my point of view. I mean, you didn't keep any of the fresh DCS.openbeta folder. Maybe the issue was elsewhere and it was a simple coincidence. Or maybe the issue will soon return... :cry: