A-10c II views

Do HOTAS users use the keyboard to access the many outside views available in DCS A-10c II? Due to the fact DCS A-10c II needs a HOTAS type system, using long and short for most of the TMS through DMS commands which leaves little room for views. I am curious as to where do most of you squeeze in the views or do you stick mostly in cockpit with IR5 on your ball cap and don't use flyby or other available outside views?

Do HOTAS users use the keyboard to access the many outside views available in DCS A-10c II? Due to the fact DCS A-10c II needs a HOTAS type system, using long and short for most of the TMS through DMS commands which leaves little room for views. I am curious as to where do most of you squeeze in the views or do you stick mostly in cockpit with IR5 on your ball cap and don't use flyby or other available outside views?

If I am not reaching for the keyboard, I use VoiceAttack for views.

If I am not reaching for the keyboard, I use VoiceAttack for views.

I use TrackIR Pro for my external views. It’s much more effective than using the hat switch or keyboard.

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

I have no problem using F2 to see my wingmen (or my opponent), F6 to see my missiles hit, F7 to see my ground targets blow up, etc. I won't go to these views when I'm wildly maneuvering of course. And taking my hand off the joystick or throttle is also necessary when I set weapon profiles and other parameters on UFC or MFCD. The philosophy of HOTAS is to keep your hands on throttle and stick while your are involved in the hot phases of action. But every cockpit has lots of buttons and switches that cannot be on the HOTAS.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5