Hud target symbol in NAV mode

Kercheiz

Hi,

Recently I noticed that on a radar lock, there is no HUD square around target, until I switch to 530D. I have the feeling, without being 100% sure, that it wasn't the case before.

Is it a new bug? Or is it the correct behavior, and a former bug that was fixed?

Thanks!

Hi,

Recently I noticed that on a radar lock, there is no HUD square around target, until I switch to 530D. I have the feeling, without being 100% sure, that it wasn't the case before.

Is it a new bug? Or is it the correct behavior, and a former bug that was fixed?

Thanks!

I don't know if the new behavior is right, but yes, we used to have target box in NAV mode before...

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

It's unfortunate we can't have a soft lock box on the target without switching to either the gun or missile after the latest M2000C update.

You can use the POL mode, that's what it's for.

IMO this change could be more realistic, only Elmo can tell us tho :).

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Yes - if you want to plot an intercept course and see the target box in the HUD, hit POL (Police Intercept mode).

I use this when joining up with the tanker until I get into visual range and go nose cold.

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

• 4 weeks later...
Yes - if you want to plot an intercept course and see the target box in the HUD, hit POL (Police Intercept mode).

I use this when joining up with the tanker until I get into visual range and go nose cold.

In the POL mode, there will be a continuous audio lock tone, and I think the heatseeker becomes active too if there's one on board without any weapon selection. Looks like a hard lock to me.

Screenshot-232515.thumb.jpg.7e6994e89ed5d16d4802aaf691bc4820.jpg

In the POL mode, there will be a continuous audio lock tone, and I think the heatseeker becomes active too if there's one on board without any weapon selection. Looks like a hard lock to me.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"Screenshot-232515.jpg","data-attachmentid":7130476}[/ATTACH]

You're radar screen shows TWS.

I don't remember if the "MISS" volume knob behind the throttle is active, but if not, you can turn off MAG on PPA panel to get rid of the tone :smilewink:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

• 3 weeks later...

How do we have a soft lock without alerting the enemy from now on? The POL mode actually activates the heatseeker lock in PID (TWS) without the magic selected.

What exactly do you mean by soft lock?

This simply means the IR seekerhead is now looking&tracking where the TWS/radar has found the target.

The heatseeker lock is passive anyway since its IR based and not emitting , so no alerting there, plus the TWS / PID is as soft as you can get.

Except of keeping the radar off completely and just letting the heatseeker look around by itself.

regards,

Snappy