A10C II - Losing the CCIP gun reticle

Sapper31

Has anyone experienced losing the the CCIP gun reticle when using the C II? It works right away but some point in flight as I flip through the various hud pages and use the various sensors, I come back to my gun and the CCIP gunsight is just gone. The other sights like the cross and 3 different range dot sight works, but my lead computing sight doesnt return. Im on VR if that makes a difference.

Same thing happened with me, the gun reticle wasn't visible, only the cross hairs. I figured I'd switched something off while I was tinkering around with the weapon loadout. I'm also using VR.

Hardware - Windows 10 Pro, Intel i9 11900kf stock, DeepCool LE520 water cooled, Gigabyte Z590 Gaming X, 64gb DDR4 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3070 TI 8gb, 480gb SSD & 500gb M.2 SSD for DCS World, HP Reverb G1 VR headset, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, throttle & TFRP Pedals.

Modules - A10C II, AH64D, BS3, C101, F5E, F15E, F16C, F/A18C, L-39, M2000C, MI24P, P47D, Supercarrier

Maps - Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Sinai, The Channel

Maybe you accidentally switched to a different crosshair with DMS LEFT/RIGHT with HUD as SOI. We use COOLIE UP a lot now to make HMCS SOI, so it's easy to make a mistake and press inputs on the HUD.

No, this happens for some other reason — maybe vaguely related to having switched around or selected weapons in CCRP mode — where you can flip through all the crosshair options but only the manual-depression variants show up. Anything that should be driven by CCIP calculations is just gone.

The reason I'm suggesting a CCRP connection is that at some point it did show up for me, but with CCRP cues(!)… for the gun… :huh:

It almost seemed like the fire control got confused about what weapon should use what mode, and the regular gun master mode no longer had any delivery options assigned to it. Doing pretty much a complete reset of the armament setup — deselect and safe everything — would get things back to normal, but everything became very nonsensical before that. It was as if it failed to properly switch out to GUN mode from any of the regular CCIP/CCRP delivery modes, so some other weapon was “secretly selected” in the background, interfering with the gun cues.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

I've had the same problem, I haven't been able to pin it down to a specific set of circumstances yet.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

• 4 weeks later...

Edit: This is a duplicate. Bug has already been reported here https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/english/digital-combat-simulator/dcs-a-10c-ii-tank-killer/bugs/290922-reported-a10c-ii-losing-the-ccip-gun-reticle

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is a bug or by design.

I encountered the following behavior after the update of the Open Beta of November 4, 2020.

Summary

If a GBU-38 or GBU-54 is selected in the DSMS page the round CCIP Gun Reticle is missing in GUNS mode.

Steps to reproduce

1. Start "Instant Action" -> "A-10C II" -> "Easy East Georgia - Spring"

2. Select GBU-38 in DSMS page

3. Use Master Mode Control button to cycle back to GUNS mode

Actual result

The round CCIP Gun Reticle is missing and not displayed on the HUD.

Only when the GBU-38 is deselected on the DSMS page ("WPNS OFF") the reticle will be displayed again.

Expected result

The round CCIP Gun Reticle is displayed on the HUD even if GBU-38 is still selected in DSMS.

When repeating these steps with the old A-10C module I get the expected result.

Best regards

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In case it's helpful to devs or pilots I've found that sometimes if your current steerpoint (not SPI, steerpoint) is above your current flight altitude, you get lots of weird targeting behavior. The disappearing gun or rocket reticle is one symptom. "Invalid fuzing" for CBUs, as though you were below the HOF, is another. Invalid CCIP for either CCIP gun reticle, even when pointed at the ground, is another. Changing your steerpoint (not SPI, steerpoint) to something on the ground, even if far away, seems to fix it.

I see this often in missions where you're searching an area and have a bunch of waypoints at angels 10 or 15. You descend to attack something on the ground and your targeting systems go berserk. Setting your current steerpoint back to 0/init pos seems to make things work again.

• Like 1

• NineLine changed the title to A10C II - Losing the CCIP gun reticle