[AS INTENDED] Rolling surface stiction.

wess24m

A1-AV8BB--NFM--000

Page 271

(not a direct quote from manual)

Idle thrust should be more than sufficient for taxi, moreso it's recommended to modulate taxi speed using nozzle angle (with throttle at idle).

As of now you have to give it around half throttle to get moving then supplemental non-idle thrust to overcome rolling friction.

Track shouldn't be needed as this isn't a intermittent bug, has been the case since launch.

A1-AV8BB--NFM--000

Page 271

(not a direct quote from manual)

Idle thrust should be more than sufficient for taxi, moreso it's recommended to modulate taxi speed using nozzle angle (with throttle at idle).

As of now you have to give it around half throttle to get moving then supplemental non-idle thrust to overcome rolling friction.

Track shouldn't be needed as this isn't a intermittent bug, has been the case since launch.

I could be wrong but I believe this is a work around to stop sliding on carrier decks.

Modules: A10C, F5, F14, F16, F18, F86, AV8B, UH1, Mi8, Ka50, FC3, Supercarrier, CA, P47, P51

Bump. Is this just not going to be worked on, or acknowledged?

Perhaps not jumping the gun and assuming were ignoring it first off. Second It has been reported and I simply forgot to adjust the post.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

• 3 weeks later...

Due to a vast difference in end user equipment, the design was made from the start to allow the aircraft to remain stationary at idle thrust. Some people may not have a brake axis, rudder pedals or a button that they can keep constantly pressed to prevent the aircraft from rolling. Therefore a simulated compromise was made to account for all users from keyboard to full simpits.

Marking AS INTENDED and moving to RESOLVED

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

@RAZBAM_ELMO this should be a high fidelity module. I think there is no room for "some people may not have... Something"

If IRL the Harrier moove at idle thrust and pilots use nozzles to increase an decrease taxing speed, well, we should do the same with a DCS high fidelity module.

I think this is what most of DCS customers expect from a DCS module.

--

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

36° Stormo Virtuale - Italian Virtual Flight Community

www.36stormovirtuale.net

My issue with this being 'as intended' other then it not being well correct. is that there is an Incockpit Handbrake specifically for the reason that the airframe does roll when at idle.... and the extra thrust required to overcome the friction that shouldn't be there = extra fuel load that shouldn't be being burnt during taxi.

i7 13700k, 64gb DDR5, Warthog HOTAS, HP Reverb G2 VR, win 11, RTX 3070

TGW Dedicated Server Admin, Australian PVE/PVP gameplay. (taskgroupwarrior.info/2020)

I did bring this up to the team and its a compromise for those that might not have the setup like you or I do. I did make the push however to have it included as a "special option" so that you can select it in the specials tab. So keep your eyes open for that on the next update and for those that want a realistic ground idle, it will be there. The ground idle will not change power when weight of wheels.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

My issue with this being 'as intended' other then it not being well correct. is that there is an Incockpit Handbrake specifically for the reason that the airframe does roll when at idle.... and the extra thrust required to overcome the friction that shouldn't be there = extra fuel load that shouldn't be being burnt during taxi.
Our SME and team who have worked on harriers have noted how powerful the engine really is and that it can hop over wheels chocks at with weight and would still skid forward with the hand brake if the throttle was moved over 56-59%. Written up as low power/taxi tests lol.

I did bring this up to the team and its a compromise for those that might not have the setup like you or I do. I did make the push however to have it included as a "special option" so that you can select it in the specials tab. So keep your eyes open for that on the next update and for those that want a realistic ground idle, it will be there. The ground idle will not change power when weight of wheels.

Very nice!

Thanks.

--

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

36° Stormo Virtuale - Italian Virtual Flight Community

www.36stormovirtuale.net