Mission Editor: Disable Different Catapults

Relics

For Mission/ Multiplayer operations and realism I know I'm not the only one who would like to be able to disable some of the ships catapults so that not only the crew are gone from them but things like shuttle covers and static objects can be placed on the deck and not overlapping crew.

This kind of ability would allow multiplayer servers to have CAT 1 & CAT2 operational for recovery and takeoff ability and not have someone spawn on CAT 3 or 4 or taxi over to it when someone lands.

• Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS KC-10A - WIP

My professional Game Artist Portfolio

+1!

• Like 1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

This would indeed help mission builders to create a more variable atmosphere on the carrier deck

+1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• 1 month later...

Totally agree with this. I'd like to see each of the cats with the ability to enable/disable in the mission editor, and more importantly via Lua scripts.

ThinkPad X1 Carbon G6 | i7-8550U 1.8-4 GHz | 16GB LPDDR3-2133 MHz RAM | 512GB PCIe SSD | Win10 x64

Aorus RTX 2070 Gaming Box | 8GB GDDR6-14000MHz | 3x Dell U2412M for 5760x1200

CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals

10 hours ago, Sickdog said:

Love this idea.

And maybe even have Catapults break occasionally, especially when Maverick/Merlin and Iceman/Slider are mixing it up with Mig-28's! 

That would be cool. I did a deployment where CAT4 was down for like 90% of the time. It actually was stuck aft and could not move. Interesting thing in DCS from real life is that we don't always use all four CATS. Additionally, I'd like to see some wires stripped as well. There aren't always 4 wires either! But maybe I'm just hopeful! 

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

18 hours ago, Jackjack171 said:

That would be cool. I did a deployment where CAT4 was down for like 90% of the time. It actually was stuck aft and could not move. Interesting thing in DCS from real life is that we don't always use all four CATS. Additionally, I'd like to see some wires stripped as well. There aren't always 4 wires either! But maybe I'm just hopeful! 

Yep, could be added to planned/random/optional failures/features in the ME.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

I would also like to see an option to disable spawning on catapults at all for multiplayer missions along with disabling cat 3+4 for public servers.

I also think having something that would break carrier wires for a period of time. Right now people can land at 400 knots and be fine with it 🙂

I would like to see a fast landing break the wire but slow the plane enough it cannot fly off the front of the carrier.

• Like 1

I did a solid month of carrier quals on CVA 59 with all four wires and cats working fine. But, yeah, I've seen vids and training films where a snapped wire went flying (disastrously). Our cycles had launches only then recovery only. During that month, we never had a QR (quick return) so all four cats were busy. The only flight deck surprise we had was when an A-7 smashed a nose gear on trap that got ingested and then fodded the deck. The Stack spun around while it all got cleared in about 10 minutes.

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...