Old prop textures in TF- vs new ones on the P-

Art-J

Greetings.

I'm happy to see the thickness of the spinning propeller textures on the Mustang adjusted at last to accurate levels in current Open Beta - great job! However, it seems to be done for both combat variants only. I hope whoever did the edit won't forget about good old TF- and tweak that one as well, because for the time being, it still features the old prop thickness.

Cheers,

Art

P-51D.thumb.jpg.876aa20ddfcf12df58b9608b52003963.jpg

TF-51D.thumb.jpg.255fec7c06d88265841911c40e174fdc.jpg

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

It will, but even if I exactly matched the RPM and speed while making these two screenshots, the difference would be the same. Tested in flight. I posted them just to show the general idea.

Not to mention that on my "faster" screenshot the prop should be thicker anyway, not the other way around.

TF- tends to be left behind every now and then with various updates and fixes compared to its armed brother, I just hope it won't lag for too long this time :).

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• 6 months later...

Looks like all the warbirds are getting new props in 2.7! :clap:

PC: MSI X670E, Ryzen 9 7900X, 64GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3090 Ti, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight pedals, Opentrack

Link to my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/DieselThunderAviation

Commander, 62nd Virtual Fighter Squadron

Join the 62nd VFS today! Link to our discord server: https://discord.gg/Z25BSKk84s

Patch_v1.2 small.jpg

1 hour ago, Diesel_Thunder said:

Looks like all the warbirds are getting new props in 2.7! :clap:

I was waiting for it for a long time.

When i was flying formation, seeing side props thin as sheet of paper was killing my heart. Finally this will be over soon 🙂

On 10/7/2020 at 12:19 AM, aldox said:

wont the thickness of it change with speed? i mean the pitch of the blade changes

Second screenshot is too thin even for minimum pitch

Xs2x-scKWilBvbrX084-5Z9qpDyUxDPSKguEKXAq

Look how thick prop is at cruise settings. Now side view of the p-51 prop is much better. But version 2.7 will bring revelation in this departament 🙂

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

New props look great! Even on this older rig that I am flying, nice job ED!! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

PC: MSI X670E, Ryzen 9 7900X, 64GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3090 Ti, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight pedals, Opentrack

Link to my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/DieselThunderAviation

Commander, 62nd Virtual Fighter Squadron

Join the 62nd VFS today! Link to our discord server: https://discord.gg/Z25BSKk84s

Patch_v1.2 small.jpg

Yes props looks nice, but issue still persists. Your buddy's plane has fixed prop pitch in flight still looks super thin when you look from the side of the prop. 

Again, super useful for making nice screenshots, not much for immersion or realism. Unless you flying from F2 camera a lot.

Looks like problem is hard coded in to game, which makes me super sad 😞

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

23 hours ago, grafspee said:

Yes props looks nice, but issue still persists. Your buddy's plane has fixed prop pitch in flight still looks super thin when you look from the side of the prop. 

Again, super useful for making nice screenshots, not much for immersion or realism. Unless you flying from F2 camera a lot.

Looks like problem is hard coded in to game, which makes me super sad 😞

Oh Hell, and I was just pleased how they finally fixed this after so many years...

P8Z68 | 2500k @ 4.5 | GTX 1080Ti | 2x8 GB @ 1600 | TM Hog (extended 7cm) & MFG Crosswind (S/N 007) | TIR v5

WWII bomber formations | DCS P-51D: [TEST] TO distance / gross weight / temperature

18 hours ago, [DBS]TH0R said:

Oh Hell, and I was just pleased how they finally fixed this after so many years...

I know for sure, that they fixed negative pitch, before when you look at prop blade, pitch angle was negative just like in reverse thrust. Now this is gone so one + for this.

• Like 1