Several bugs related to pylon removal

vsTerminus

Thank you for the ability to remove the pylons via Rearm & Refuel, but there are a few bugs which make this feature feel incomplete.

Here is what I am able to demonstrate:

Part A: When starting the mission with pylons/hardpoints on the helicopter

1. When removing the pylons they come off along with Station 3, leaving the remaining weapons to float in mid-air as they are removed
  2. After removing the pylons, rearming with weapons will attach the pylons when Station 3 is rearmed, but they disappear again when Station 4 is rearmed and stay off / invisible indefinitely. This leaves all weapons just floating in midair permanently.
  3. Like the pylons, the gunsight also reappears with Station 3 and then disappears again with Station 4, leaving you in an armed Mi-8 with no gunsight.

It is worth noting before I continue that the ground crew can and will allow you to mount door gunners even after you have removed the pylons. This is expected behavior. This will be important in a minute.

Part B: When starting the mission without pylons/hardpoints on the helicopter

1. Attempting to rearm stations won't show any icons until all six slots have been filled
  2. The ground crew will refuse to mount the pylons
  3. The ground crew will refuse to mount door gunners, even though they were fine with it in Part 1 after the pylons were removed.

Expected behavior here is that if the crew can remove the pylons they should also be able to mount them, regardless of how the helicopter was configured in the mission editor.

Expected behavior is also that the ground crew should always allow you to mount door gunners without pylons.

(As a bonus feature request, I would love to see the ground crew also be able to mount/remove the IR Suppressors, Additional Armor, and Cargo Halfdoors via the F8 Radio Menu in addition to the current Mission Editor options)

Attached are two track files, one for Part A, one for Part B.

I have also made a video demonstrating these bugs, which you can find here:

Mi-8 Pylons - Part A.trk

Mi-8 Pylons - Part B.trk

Edited by vsTerminus
Forgot Attachments
  • Like 2

• 10 months later...

+1

I'm getting CTD quite often when removing the pylons in multiplayer (saving weight for logistics).

The game CTD's immediately after the ground crew call "rearming complete". Nothing in the log though.

Edited by jonsky7

On 8/26/2021 at 3:30 AM, jonsky7 said:

+1

I'm getting CTD quite often when removing the pylons in multiplayer (saving weight for logistics).

The game CTD's immediately after the ground crew call "rearming complete". Nothing in the log though.

Weird, I don't have those issues. I will force a couple of rearms and see if it CTD in my PC

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/26/2021 at 2:30 AM, jonsky7 said:

+1

I also get this. Right after rearming conformation, like you.  

Thought I was alone. 

I am trying to see how to recreate it, but typically after being shot down and then it CTD the next time I respawn and have to re-arm.  

I have also noticed it happens less when I do not have the NS430 turned on or the pop-up enabled.  

Also happens with KA-50  
It primarily happens at FARPS on multiplayer servers.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...