Where's the C-47?

Stratos

Aye OK, I was advocating the Ju52 in a more general sense really.

Surely their absence just indicates that air transport was pretty much impossible for the Luftwaffe over France/Holland in mid 1944. How many LeOs did the Luftwaffe actually operate? Not many? The Ju52 is far more important in the context of the whole of WW2.

• Like 2

You’d think that a flyable C47 would make a good test project for further larger multi crew aircraft in future. The Mosquito is almost a twin single seater.

It’s large but doesn’t have the complexity of multiple crew stations. It would have similar handling and engine systems to a medium bomber like the Ju88 or B25 but would be far simpler. 

Edited by Mogster
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Welp, there are C-47s in this newly released video.

f3NirD3.jpg

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 3

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 1 month later...

Rejoice! The C-47 is now in the WWII assets pack, as of DCS 2.7.9.17830 OB.

C-47 Skytrain aircraft is added to the WWII Assets pack

• Like 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

22 minutes ago, Gunfreak said:

Does it work? does it drop troops?

It works, but it does not drop troopers and at the moment has just a single livery 😂

TbDCtBh.jpg

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

8 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

It works, but it does not drop troopers and at the moment has just a single livery 😂

TbDCtBh.jpg

Ìf it dosn't drop troopers, it don't work! 
I want my huge paradrop dam it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

47 minutes ago, Gunfreak said:

If it dosn't drop troopers, it don't work! 

A bit extreme, isnt it? … the aircraft still serves as a mission target, after all the point is downing them before the troops deploy. They also serve as backdrop for other missions, and provide immersion while still at the airbase.

• Like 4

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

38 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

A bit extreme, isnt it? … the aircraft still serves as a mission target, after all the point is downing them before the troops deploy. They also serve as backdrop for other missions, and provide immersion while still at the airbase.

Which is't a lot given how long it' taken to get it. 
I would think working paradrop would be from the getgo. 
Did they release B17s or Ju88s that couldn't drop bombs?

• Like 3

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

1 hour ago, Gunfreak said:

Ìf it dosn't drop troopers, it don't work! 
I want my huge paradrop dam it!

Paratroopers will come later on, don't worry.

Time to open a new "Where are the damn paratroppers?" thread. 😄

• Thanks 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

1 hour ago, Gunfreak said:

Which is't a lot given how long it' taken to get it. 
I would think working paradrop would be from the getgo.
Did they release B17s or Ju88s that couldn't drop bombs?

Actually yes. Ju88 could just drop torpedoes when released, no bombs. They came later. 

• Like 1

Does the C-47 sound like a high-Revving turbo-prop to anyone else?

Im wondering if maybe my install is porked.

My C-47 sounds like 2 Edge 540’s flying in formation!

edit— never mind… it was my Edge 540 mod that conflicted with the C-47 sounds for some reason.

Edited by Barrett_g
  • Thanks 1

Anyone know why the C-47 won't show up in the mission editor regardless of the time period selected? I have the WW II Assets pack installed and the C-47 shows up in the encyclopedia. I've done a repair on the Open Beta also.  When I go to the mission editor for the WW II era the transport category disappears, and no C-47.

MissionEditor.png

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

2 minutes ago, Cool Breeze said:

Anyone know why the C-47 won't show up in the mission editor regardless of the time period selected? I have the WW II Assets pack installed and the C-47 shows up in the encyclopedia. I've done a repair on the Open Beta also.  When I go to the mission editor for the WW II era the transport category disappears, and no C-47.

I think it is due to having "USA" selected. Try using "UK" or "Combined Joint Task Forces Blue".

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

2 hours ago, Dunx said:

I think it is due to having "USA" selected. Try using "UK" or "Combined Joint Task Forces Blue".

Using the 'Combined Joint Task Forces Blue' gives me an even shorter list, and still nothing with changing the coalition to the UK... lol The only time I can get the transport category to show up is with a "Modern" time setting, and the C-47 won't show there either.

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

2 minutes ago, Cool Breeze said:

Using the 'Combined Joint Task Forces Blue' gives me an even shorter list, and still nothing with changing the coalition to the UK... lol The only time I can get the transport category to show up is with a "Modern" time setting, and the C-47 won't show there either.

That is indeed odd, "Combined Joint Task Forces" should give you an expanded list. Maybe a coalition selection issue?

Try the attached mission, it has a C-47 flying towards Kobuleti.

test-c47.miz

• Thanks 1

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

16 minutes ago, Cool Breeze said:

Have you ensured the "clock" icon at the bottom of the ME screen is off?

• Thanks 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Having the clock off seemed to fix the issue, but that begs the question as to why. Selecting the WW II coalition presets and changing the date to a 1940's time period should be right where the Skytrain operated. May be it has something to do with the Transport category disappearing all together in the 1940's and doesn't show back up until 1954 with the 'Clock' on.

Leonardo Da Vinci

John F. Kennedy