Skin Textures Pack

VAF [136] Striker

Really silly question but if the exterior of the new A-10C II is a brand new model (and it seems like it with the inidium tin oxide coating of the canopy, which looks gooorgeous, btw :wub:) then if we use the old skin templates, won't the A-10C II just look like the A-10C model from the first version?

I.e. we're effectively overwriting the new model?

Right

But shouldn't we also have the option to have the exterior also be factory-fresh, as we have option with the cockpit ?!?!

I don't have DCS installed so I'm wondering, will do soon, or so, finished some seasonal jobs here, will see in a week if I'll go ahead and pull out for a new PC, or I'll wait a few months or even a year.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Right

But shouldn't we also have the option to have the exterior also be factory-fresh, as we have option with the cockpit ?!?!

I don't have DCS installed so I'm wondering, will do soon, or so, finished some seasonal jobs here, will see in a week if I'll go ahead and pull out for a new PC, or I'll wait a few months or even a year.

+1, in that case, if possible, wondering if we can request a new template pack in the Downloads> User Files section of the site? So, that we can create liveries that match the new model of the new A-10C II TK ?

@Worrazen, hopefully, if they did this, then just like with the current template packs, you can make your A-10C II TK 'factory fresh' by removing layers with a graphics editor (like PhotoShop) by removing the 'dirt/grime/grz/grain/gr' layers. :) (fingers crossed)

Yeah, but the canopy's obviously different? From the dash all the way to the back, it's gorgeously different.

For me, in my head, I'm thinking if the canopy's different and canopies are modelled in the original templates (but not the inidium tin oxide layer effect), I don't have the paintshop skills to reproduce that... :dunno:

We also know the pave penny's gone. But, my eyes can't even tell what other pannelling is different. If 80% of the template files are the same from the Original A-10C and it's just 20% of the files that are the only different ones (the pave penny file and the one featuring the canopy), then fair enough. BUT:

Perhaps, ED can just give us those 2 or so template files in the Users Section.

We can do the rest. (Obviously, at their next convenience).