[NEED TRACK] TPOD Targeting Misalignment in HUD and Subsequent Issues with Weapon

EagleDriver95

Using several different weapons I have encountered an issue where the TPOD cue in the HUD is several miles off the designated point that the TPOD is actually pointing at.

The videos I've provided are from a mission in the Persian Gulf map where I was using a JTAC to laser-designate for a GBU-12; the pod acquired his laser but the HUD cue and bomb fall line cue diverged by several miles. In the second video clip from the same mission I tried just using the pod to designate (TDC depress and point track on the vehicle target), but the HUD cue and fall line cue still are off of each other significantly, making it impossible to drop the bomb. If having used WPDSG to slew the pod near the target area coordinates is the problem in this instance - I can understand, but I was under the impression that LST lock and TDC depress updated the target location in the computer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv804oLKtEo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv804oLKtEo

I had another instance however that did not involve waypoints which makes me think this is a recurring issue. I unfortunately don't have a track/video but it re-occurred in several mission attempts and I can describe.

In one of the last missions of BalticDragon's Raven One campaign, you have to target a submarine on the surface to hit with a laser maverick.

Pointing the pod at the sub, acquiring an IR point track, and pressing TDC depress, the HUD cue was still several miles off to the right -- and even though the laser seeker in the maverick would slew to the sub's physical location, it wouldn't lock or allow a launch.

I do have a track file but it is 15 MB and exceeds the size limit of 5MB here.

Have flown the Hornet for quite some time without issues with the TPOD and was just curious if this is an issue that may have cropped up in recent updates. Several members of my virtual squadron also mentioned they have had TPOD alignment issues in recent weeks.

Thanks for taking the time to read/investigate!

-EagleDriver95

• ED Team

Hi

as suggested above it maybe a alignment issue,

if you can please include a track replay showing it happen, you can save a track when you exit the mission. If you can reproduce in a short mission that would be great

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2