[REPORTED]Issues with AGM-65E and TGP

Sn8ke

Even for Moving Targets? Without TDC elsewhere from the MAV page, laser won't lock on movers for me. Everything else works. Thought this was your issue as well?

No, you can see my post was in reply to a different point.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I keep having odd issues with the EMAVs too, and I'm starting to wonder if there's a bug leftover from when firing an EMAV after an FMAV caused issues. A couple nights ago I fired an EMAV, self lase, auto, no problems. I don't recall using TDC depress, only point track (does the TPOD page even tell you when you've pressed TDC vs. just point track?). Tonight I tried the same, fairly certain I did not press TDC, and the EMAV refused fire even though it was locked onto the laser. I tried firing it on a JTAC laser as well and had the same result: Locked onto JTAC laser but refused to fire. This was after dropping a GBU38, so I wonder if there's issues with LMAV firing after using another weapon first.

I don't recall using TDC depress, only point track (does the TPOD page even tell you when you've pressed TDC vs. just point track?).

Yes, it shows a cross in the bracket when you TDC depress.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

• 2 weeks later...
I still have this issue after nov 18 update. Mav-E won't lock until I switch SOI to TPOD. Loses lock when swithching back to Mav SOI. Regains when switching to TPOD. However, it works with the first Mav, I can then get a lock when Mav is SOI! This is most definitely a bug.

Attaching track.

+1 for the behavior of Maverick E not being able to fire - until SOI ('TDC priority') back to FLIR. Then the missile will be able to fire.

Also a fresh thread started, regarding this very topic: https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/english/digital-combat-simulator/dcs-f-a-18c-hornet/bugs-aa/7144249-agm-65e-can-t-be-fired-with-mav-page-as-soi-in-certain-conditions

Using Open Beta xxxxxxxxxx949, newest version (released 11/18/2020)

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

• 5 weeks later...

Seems to me from looking at 3 or 4 tracks on this, that is is fixed with yesterday's patch.

You guys seeing the same?

• 3 weeks later...

This bug appears to still be happening, we wasted an hour just now trying to launch Mav's doing everye thing under the sun.. Mav's can be Tracking a laser and refuse to come off.

It's annoying.

i7 13700k, 64gb DDR5, Warthog HOTAS, HP Reverb G2 VR, win 11, RTX 3070

TGW Dedicated Server Admin, Australian PVE/PVP gameplay. (taskgroupwarrior.info/2020)

I'm just not seeing this issue.

Does my attached track look OK when you watch it?

Can you post a track with the issue for you?

Hornet MAVE.trk

As noted in another thread on the main forum, I saw a different behavior in the current patch. This was against static target. I didn't try MOVERS which is where I mainly had the "MOVE TDC AWAY FROM MAVE PAGE TO LOCK"

Instead of doing a sequential PICKLE...wait for solid box...pickle, I held down the pickle. PREVIOUSLY the MAVE would not come off the rails if there wasn't a solid laser track. NOW it seemed that holding down pickle, the MAVE left the rails and immediately AFTER launch the solid box and MAV LKED symbology appeared and the missile tracked to the target, though I might argue the MAV LKED was for the NEXT missile on the rail.. Maybe the LOCK was simultaneous with the release for the first missile, but never saw MAV LKED until the first one was off the rails.

Sorry for the long ingress.. I need to set up a better test mission.  EDIT: Just tried it with a MOVER and it worked just the same. Holding down pickle with TDC on MAV page fired the missile and it tracked to the target. So for me, it seems the issue is resolved, though I have not tried the SEQUENTIAL pickle to see if it picks up the laser first.

MAVE_Jan2021.trk

Edited by Recluse
Mover test..

Your track works fine, just like mine above.

The only thing I'll say, is that you don't have to hold down the pickle button. All that does is fire the Mav as soon as it gets a lock.  All you have to do, is press the pickle button to fire the laser, wait for the lock then press it again to fire the weapon when you feel the time is right.

I'm not sure I see what the issue is with this since the fix 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Yes, I used to always press pickle and wait for the laser to lock, mainly because when I was having the issue, it would never leave the rails when holding it down, so I was being careful to make sure there was a lock. Now that I have confidence, I will just hold down PICKLE when ready to fire and let the missile decide it is ready to go. Either way works.

• 5 weeks later...

I was having this exact problem in Raven One mission 13. Another thing I've noticed, not sure if it's mentioned here is that the narrow/wide and FLIR/CCD buttons don't work on the TPOD with the HOTAS when MAV is selected but TGP is SOI not sure if this is a new bug or has been reported. 

Ah ok found its' been reported here: 

Edited by xnomad

Windows 10 Pro 64bit, i7-9700KF @ 3.60GHz, 32GB RAM, GeForce RTX 2070 Super 1800MHz, Occulus Rift S, CH Pro Pedals, CH Pro Throttle, Virpil MongoosT-50 CM2, Virpil VPC WarBRD Base.

As stated on that thread (and others), this is correct behaviour. 

• Like 1

• Wags locked this topic