TDC slew is missing in my Mig-21

Ramstein

I am not sure how long it has been missing in my install. but there is no TDC slew in my control panel. Like the code disappeared, and I know it was there the last time I flew this Mig-21Bis. How do I fix it? very strange. I have owned this module for many years, never hadthis issue before. I cannot slew my radar around until it is fixed. Thanx :helpsmilie:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

Should be

{cockpit_device_id=devices.ASP,action=device_commands.RUDoblog_axis,name=_('TDC Range / Pipper Span control')},

Maybe check your default.lua for that line and if it's there check your .diff.lua and delete any line relating to that to reset it back to default.

none of that helped, but hen again I am not a coder.... I uninstalled and reinstalled the module... no help

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

TDC Range / Pipper Span Control'' should be found under Axis which is the TDC control the 21 has.

There should be Button bindings as well to increase and decrease TDC Range.

You get any results if you use search in the keybindings menu and search for ''TDC'' ?

ok,,, with span control,, not sure about which to use with the mini stick on the warthog for the tdc. I used to use the vertical and horizontal for the tdc panning and then lock. Now, we are suppose to not use the vertical and horizontal any longer and use the vertical for the tdc range and span control? Why? why didn't it stay the way it was, and why still have those? This all makes no sense.... If I do try to use the vertical and horizontal, it not longer controls tdc, the whole screen just moves fast and wild. it was working fine up until some patch in recent months.

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

It's always been like this, the TDC could only be slewed vertically to increase / decrease the range (TDC Range /Pipper Span Control in te control options) in order to grab a target. This is done by the throttle rotator. (see leathernecks Mig21 flight manual)

If the whole screen moves that means either something has reset your keybindings turning the ministick into a POV axis.

Edited by HunterICX

ok, so, this was another change things to make them like in real life, and since it wasn't my main ride I wasn't paying attention... and now I am correcting this.... I just wish it were in the lua file, and not going into add things manually... I flew and I did get it working.... the radar search and lock , TDC, with your help. Thank you.

I wanted to make the Syria map an older cold war map with the Mig-21 and Mirage. That is when I found out everything had changed.

• Like 1

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, skywalker22 said:

If I start cold or from runway, I do not see this two bars for slewing TDC. Only if I start mid air. How to make it appear?

When it's cold, is the radar already working? Usually you should allow couple or three minutes for the radar to warm up before it starts working.

• Like 2

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

It seems to get damaged when setting "ON" before proper cooling in "STBY" (in that case you need to repair). Not sure if it's suposed to be like this or just another bug for the pile.

Edited by Skuva

• 4 weeks later...