What to do after "Arrival Parking" in Supercarrier?

RTS354

I been having an issue where when I land at on the supercarrier, the tower stops communicating with me, and the only message that I get when contacting the tower is "Arrival Parking". I tried taxiing to a designated parking spot according to the supercarrier manual, but the tower will not talk to me. The reason this irks me is because I want to practice super carrier procedures and it's a pain in the ass to keep starting up a new aircraft to do this.

Am I missing something?

In real world carrier recovery operations, arrested aircraft are directed by multiple aircraft handlers (yellow shirts) to their parking position. This is not simulated in DCS.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Don't think you're missing anything, but not sure why you need to start up a new aircraft either.

Can't you switch your radio to "rearm and refuel" and then "request takeoff" to use the same again, or am I missing something?

Don't think you're missing anything, but not sure why you need to start up a new aircraft either.

Can't you switch your radio to "rearm and refuel" and then "request takeoff" to use the same again, or am I missing something?

I don't think you're missing anything. This is precisely what I do if I want to take off from the carrier again.

I would be nice to have the yellow shirts direct you to a parking spot but I can also understand why this is quite hard to implement. At any rate, I'd like them to prioritize the frame rate hit that the supercarrier has.

I'd like them to prioritize the frame rate hit that the supercarrier has.

What hit? It’s actually quite smooth considering how much is modeled there. It’s not any worse than the various airbases like NTTR etc.

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

I don't think you're missing anything. This is precisely what I do if I want to take off from the carrier again.

I would be nice to have the yellow shirts direct you to a parking spot but I can also understand why this is quite hard to implement. At any rate, I'd like them to prioritize the frame rate hit that the supercarrier has.

Wags stated that it´s planned yellow jackets to help you taxing later in the early access of the Supercarrier. No more details how it will work.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

I just learned takeoff was under ground crew and not ATC a few days ago (because it never really mattered until then, I guess). Land, taxi to some free part of the flight deck, rearm/refuel. Radio menu->ground crew->request launch. Take off. Wash, rinse, repeat.

The good news is you can do that all day without maintenance getting on you, and by the time they know what you did you've already closed the program.

I Presume the guys in the Tower, holding their coffees and looking at each others says to one another « For **** sake, he's alone on the entire freaking carrier, why does he bugs us for instructions, can'T we just enjoy our cofee and do his things by himself, he has the entire deck for himself! » :P

I Presume the guys in the Tower, holding their coffees and looking at each others says to one another « For **** sake, he's alone on the entire freaking carrier, why does he bugs us for instructions, can'T we just enjoy our cofee and do his things by himself, he has the entire deck for himself! » :P

Well, not quite that much... i usually work with a busy deck :)

Screen_200609_225852.thumb.jpg.8be30b6af93a10d52d31bd8049c6e37d.jpg

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.