PBY-5A Catalina - on my mpersonal wish list

HarryDeere41

"One of the most recognized aircraft in the world, the Consolidated PBY Catalina not only served in the U.S. Navy, but also with the air arms of Britain, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, the Netherlands and the Soviet Union. The PBY was involved in almost every major operation in World War II, and figured significantly in defeating the U-boat menace in the Atlantic."

Would be the first 'flying boat' to DCS

Yesterday, it just hit me and I tried to land the new Tank Killer on Lake Genezareth :pilotfly: ... of course I crashed & bured - no sorry, drowned :music_whistling:

It would open up a lot of cool things you can do with the Catalina in DCS World - especially in the Marianas!

Hope for the Best - Harry

https://www.navalaviationmuseum.org/aircraft/pby-5a-catalina

My High School History teacher piloted a Catalina during WWII. He flew out of the Aleutians, and was always on the hunt for the Japanese subs or ships. Some tough weather, and a tough spot to fly from...

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control