DiCE: DCS Integrated Countermeasure Editor by Bailey (v6 MAY2023)

Bailey

Hey Baily,

just got DiCE and it works great out of the Box!

However, my clumsy fingers have a hard time adjusting Burst Intv and Salvo Intv. You think it would be possible to make these either direct input or more granular by reducing the Max possible Value?

Either way - excellent stuff & thanks for doing this!

Hey there! Glad to hear it's working well.

I know what you mean. "I got 99 flares, but I can't select 1" :D

You can use the arrow keys on your keyboard after changing the slider to fine tune the amounts. I'll see I can put that tip in the readme. I have the "direct input" on my radar too. Thank you for the input!

Didn't this used to be standalone and allow HARM Table exports?

Nope. Harm Table exports are not possible bc ED baker that data into the module. The standalone version of this app is called CMS Editor. https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3311389/

I installed it in the Saved games/DCS folder (simply drag the two folders onto the DCS folder, the rest is automatic). It appeared in the Specials tab and I could edit the programs, but nothing happened in the aircraft. I found the solution. You need Modify authority for the DCS folders CMDS_ALE47.lua file. You find it here for the F-16:

xx:\Program files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Cockpit\Scripts\EWS\CMDS\device

You find it somewhere in the Cockpit\Scripts folder for the other aircraft.

Right-click on the file for Properties, then go to the Security tab. Click Edit and in the dialog click "Users (xxx\Users)"and set "Modify" rights. Then OK and it should work in DCS.

I'm on OpenBeta meaning the CMS files get changed often, i.e. you need to reset User privileges as above each time you update if your Windows login puts you in User space (guess some get logged in as Admin and then it's not necessary). But then you need to change something in DiCE for the aircraft as the app only writes to the file on a change of values. Could this be changed so you have DiCE write to the files at startup of DCS/DiCE? It would help.

HP Envy 34 TM16000/TWCS/TFRP. Simrig: I7-8700, 32GB, RTS2080Ti, 4K U32590C, TrackIR5, MG-T50C2 stick/base, T50CM2 throttle, CH Pro pedals

On 11/29/2020 at 2:20 AM, Bear21 said:

... Could this be changed so you have DiCE write to the files at startup of DCS/DiCE? It would help.

That sounds like a good suggestion. I'll see what I can do.

@Bear21is a genius! 
DiCE updated to v4.2. And due to Bear21's insight, all edits persist even after DCS updates!
The DiCE v4.2 is ready for download at the ED Userfiles: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3312680/

Thanks Bear21!

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@Bailey: Is it possible to turn on/off the DiCE icons on the main loading screen? I know how to turn off the standard ones through the pluginsEnabled.lua but yours are not in there?

• Like 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

or maybe just a single DiCE rather than one per aircraft ?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

13 minutes ago, Lange_666 said:

@Bailey: Is it possible to turn on/off the DiCE icons on the main loading screen? I know how to turn off the standard ones through the pluginsEnabled.lua but yours are not in there?

8 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

or maybe just a single DiCE rather than one per aircraft ?

When I have time to do some digging, I'll see if I can reduce the number of icons and if I can get it to show in enabledplugins.lua. Thank you for the input.

• Like 1

yep, its not game breaking or anything , just nice to reduce the icon clutter 

• Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

• 4 months later...

Request: Create a DiCE "launcher" which starts the DiCE software and replaces the countermeasure files, then automatically starts DCS as soon as the files has been replaced. This way we could just always launch DCS through DiCE and we'd never have any issues with updates overwriting files or anything.

• Like 1

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

Request: Create a DiCE "launcher" which starts the DiCE software and replaces the countermeasure files, then automatically starts DCS as soon as the files has been replaced. This way we could just always launch DCS through DiCE and we'd never have any issues with updates overwriting files or anything.
Good idea! Though I always use Skatezilla's launcher, though it can launch other apps. Would love to add DiCE to it.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

and you could just use a mod manager to manage your mods... 

• Like 1

On 6/12/2021 at 3:05 AM, WHOGX5 said:

On 6/12/2021 at 3:15 AM, MAXsenna said:

Good idea! Though I always use Skatezilla's launcher, though it can launch other apps. Would love to add DiCE to it. emoji4.png

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Interesting ideas. I'll think about them. Thank you for the input.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

@Baileythere seems to a compatibility issue between DICE and Viacom, the atc page seems to be inaccessible when dice is installed.

7 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

@Baileythere seems to a compatibility issue between DICE and Viacom, the atc page seems to be inaccessible when dice is installed.

That is unfortunate. Let Hollywood know. I don’t have access to that feature of VAICOM. 

yes.. I also am having same issue with Vaicom and DICE. But in previous version of Vaicom I didn't have any problem. But who knows who has to fix this one. In any case, now we, the users, has to select between one or another.