DiCE: DCS Integrated Countermeasure Editor by Bailey (v6 MAY2023)

Bailey

9 minutes ago, Japo32 said:

yes.. I also am having same issue with Vaicom and DICE. But in previous version of Vaicom I didn't have any problem. But who knows who has to fix this one. In any case, now we, the users, has to select between one or another.

Or you can make your DiCE changes and then in its special options check the box that has DiCE close after DCS starts. 

12 hours ago, Japo32 said:

I tried that option, but that doesn't help with Vaicom.. so there has to be something inside both mods that makes impossible to be used in lastest update.

The only other suggestion I have is trying to uninstall DiCE and see if the problem goes away. I’m eager to hear the results. To be honest, there is little I can do by myself because I don’t have access to the code of both. On the bright side the DiCE code is 100% available on GitHub for those that would like to take a look. 

Edited by Bailey

• 1 month later...
On 6/27/2021 at 5:31 AM, Bailey said:

The only other suggestion I have is trying to uninstall DiCE and see if the problem goes away. I’m eager to hear the results. To be honest, there is little I can do by myself because I don’t have access to the code of both. On the bright side the DiCE code is 100% available on GitHub for those that would like to take a look. 

I have also found a compatibility issue with DiCE and Vaicom pro which is described in this thread:

When I uninstalled DiCE the issue with the listening being suspended in VAICOM Pro was resolved.

Would really be great to be able to have both mods working together!

On 1/29/2021 at 8:15 PM, Lange_666 said:

@Bailey: Is it possible to turn on/off the DiCE icons on the main loading screen? I know how to turn off the standard ones through the pluginsEnabled.lua but yours are not in there?

On 1/29/2021 at 8:20 PM, speed-of-heat said:

or maybe just a single DiCE rather than one per aircraft ?

I have just updated DCS Module Hider (DMoHi) https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3312052/ to v5.1. It will get rid of those extra DiCE icons and more if you like.

FAQs udpate:

Q: Is DiCE IC safe?

A: Yes, DiCE passes Integrity Check so you can use it for Single Player and Multiplayer. Note, as of DCS version 2.7.6.12852, DiCE no longer passes IC. Input has been passed to ED here: https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/282040-custom-cmds-lua-now-breaking-ic/?do=findComment&comment=4775516

Edited by Bailey

• 1 month later...
On 8/14/2021 at 9:35 AM, TLicense said:

When I uninstalled DiCE the issue with the listening being suspended in VAICOM Pro was resolved. or back out any updates

@Bailey@TLicenseHow did you uninstall?  I see more Dice.lua files scattered in saved my games folder than what I placed in the scripts and mods folder during install.  Want to get them all so I don't have more Viacom issues.  I am also wondering if Dice has modified any other lua files that I need to edit to complete the uninstall.  Currently I have to restart Vaicom after every few commands are given, It just stops listening but after a restart of Vaicom it works again.

10 minutes ago, *Moxie* said:

@Bailey@TLicenseHow did you uninstall?  I see more Dice.lua files scattered in saved my games folder than what I placed in the scripts and mods folder during install.  Want to get them all so I don't have more Viacom issues.  I am also wondering if Dice has modified any other lua files that I need to edit to complete the uninstall.  Currently I have to restart Vaicom after every few commands are given, It just stops listening but after a restart of Vaicom it works again.

Sorry to see ya go. To uninstall DiCE remove all files and folders that came with DiCE. To get a list of all files and folders, download DiCE and compare. After doing the above, do a DCS Slow Repair/File Validation. You should be good to go after it’s complete. 

• 1 month later...

DiCE has been updated to reflect the changes in the DCS F-16C Viper for DCS v2.7.9.17830. If you are not on that version, do not update. As of this post's timestamp DCS v2.7.9.17830 is the current DCS Open Beta version.

If you find some oddities with the F-16 or its countermeasure system, please backup and then delete your '\DCS World OpenBeta \Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Cockpit\Scripts\EWS\CMDS\device\CMDS_ALE47.lua' file and your '\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\options.lua' file. Run a DCS repair. Then reinstall the mod.

Enjoy and happy holidays!
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3312680/

• 1 month later...
On 2/2/2022 at 9:20 AM, Westwood said:

Works great, both SP and MP. Thanks!

Hello, thanks for letting me know. It is nice to hear that it's still working. Np!

• 1 month later...

I will be looking in a way to include the AH64D into DiCE. It may not be possible due to how ED coded the countermeasure system. Just a heads up. 

Edited by Bailey
  • Like 1

On 3/14/2022 at 12:33 PM, Bailey said:

I will be looking in a way to include the AH64D into DiCE. It may not be possible due to how ED coded the countermeasure system. Just a heads up. 

Unfortunately I am not able to figure out a way to modify the default ah-64d countermeasure profiles vis DiCE. Thankfully you can modify them either in the mission editor or in-cockpit. If anyone has some info on how to make it work like other DiCE aircraft, my ears are open. 

• 2 months later...
34 minutes ago, Phantom711 said:

So, do the compatibility issues with VAICOM still persist? 

I currently use DICE and find it absolutely indispensable but I also feel that itch to try out VAICOM...

Anyone using both without any issues?

Just re-tested, its still the same you can't get to the ATC page with the DICE add in loaded, but, what i have been doinf is basically just loading it  up when i need to fiddle with my CM setup

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

vor 11 Minuten schrieb speed-of-heat:

Just re-tested, its still the same you can't get to the ATC page with the DICE add in loaded, but, what i have been doinf is basically just loading it  up when i need to fiddle with my CM setup

@speed-of-heat 

Hey...not sure what your answer means really.

I understand, there is still a problem...ok.

What do you mean, you only load it up, when you fiddle with your CM setup? Can I uninstall Dice and my Hornet will keep the CM Programs as I have programmed them in DICE right now?

Otherwise on any flight, where there is a threat one would have to either use Dice or set up the programs manually.

Edited by Phantom711

vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

image.png

I use a mod manager 

I install the mod, when I need to change things, and uninstall it when I need to fly.

The changes get saved to another file...

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

DiCE v5 is live! No need for the Exe anymore!!!
Download: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3312680/

-Removed use of exe (Requires removing ALL DiCE files before installing v5, to include `Saved Games/DCS/Scripts/Hooks/DiCE-DCS-Integrated-Countermeasure-Editor.lua`
-Updated F18C
-Updated F16C
-Adjusted Special Options > DiCE GUI

Special request for those who use VAICOM, can you test this version out to see if the conflicts are resolved? DiCE v5 has a new method of constructing the countermeasure files, so I hope that it will once again play nicely with VAICOM after its update many months ago.

Enjoy!
~Bailey

• Like 5

Nice thanks. Don't know why I was so slow in setting this up its awesome. 

Curious which other modules you've checked and ruled out in terms of adding them to this, or any news on future modules besides the Apache? 

The other modules I'm interested in are the Ka-50, F-5, A-4, Viggen

Thanks! 

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

20 hours ago, Bailey said:

DiCE v5 is live! No need for the Exe anymore!!!
Download: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3312680/

-Removed use of exe (Requires removing ALL DiCE files before installing v5, to include `Saved Games/DCS/Scripts/Hooks/DiCE-DCS-Integrated-Countermeasure-Editor.lua`
-Updated F18C
-Updated F16C
-Adjusted Special Options > DiCE GUI

Special request for those who use VAICOM, can you test this version out to see if the conflicts are resolved? DiCE v5 has a new method of constructing the countermeasure files, so I hope that it will once again play nicely with VAICOM after its update many months ago.

Enjoy!
~Bailey

That seems to work perfectly from a VAICOM kneeboard POV which was the problem , i havent done extensive testing , but it looks good!

Thank you!

13 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

That seems to work perfectly from a VAICOM kneeboard POV which was the problem , i havent done extensive testing , but it looks good!

Thank you!

Yahoo! Thanks for letting me know. Enjoy! 

23 hours ago, TAIPAN_ said:

Nice thanks. Don't know why I was so slow in setting this up its awesome. 

Curious which other modules you've checked and ruled out in terms of adding them to this, or any news on future modules besides the Apache? 

The other modules I'm interested in are the Ka-50, F-5, A-4, Viggen

Thanks! 

Ka50. Able. 

Apache. Unable. 

F5. Likely able. 

A-4. Unknown. 

Viggen. Unknown, not likely. 

Mi8. Able. 

Mi24 hind. Unknown.