Joystick Diagrams - Automated DCS Joystick diagrams

rexehuk

main-hero.png

Joystick Diagrams

What does it do?

Automatically will create diagrams based on your joystick profiles, either from Joystick Gremlin or DCS World configs (it also does other games too).

This saves time when you have new planes and so forth, no more messing about with filling out a custom template and editing it every 5 minutes while you refine your setup, press a button and it'll be exported for you.

Supported Joysticks (out of the box)

Many default templates are provided ready to go, with more available on our discord (https://joystick-diagrams.com/templates/)

https://joystick-diagrams.com/templates/

Other joysticks, custom HID, sim pits

Any HID device can be used with this tool. You just need to make a custom template for your HID device

https://joystick-diagrams.com/templates/custom/

Bugs/Feature Requests

Any issues get in touch on Discord, or in thread (Discord preferred)

Download

Visit the website https://joystick-diagrams.com/ for latest version
Please read the setup guide https://joystick-diagrams.com/setup/ for information on how to use with DCS

Edited by rexehuk
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Awesome, have wanted something like this for a long time, i will try it out soon!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

Excellent tool, thanks!!

Always wanted to make it easier for me to remember old planes I don't fly often - now it is within reach! way to go! :thumbup:

I have VKB MCG PRO, and a custom made arduino/mmjoy based joystick, I hope to see as well...

Also I noticed no MODIFIER buttons are exported ( I saw you plan to add axis and pov later).

Hope to see it expand way further :beer:

Cheers!

p.s. maybe it can be exported as jpeg/png, in a kneeboard aspect ratio?

thus it can be added into the the aircraft's specific kneeboard itself and see it while flying...

Edited by ron533
  • Like 1

Callsign   SETUP

Excellent tool, thanks!!

Always wanted to make it easier for me to remember old planes I don't fly often - now it is within reach! way to go! :thumbup:

I have VKB MCG PRO, and a custom made arduino/mmjoy based joystick, I hope to see as well...

Also I noticed no MODIFIER buttons are exported ( I saw you plan to add axis and pov later).

Hope to see it expand way further :beer:

Cheers!

p.s. maybe it can be exported as jpeg/png, in a kneeboard aspect ratio?

thus it can be added into the the aircraft's specific kneeboard itself and see it while flying...

Hi man, thanks very much.

VKB stuff is on my radar and might roll some more templates into 1.3.

Also correct, right no modifiers not exported and looking at this (most likely after AXIS/POV work though).

On the export side, some work done here to allow potentially defining output type. Also have a requested feature for automated DCS kneeboard output

A really nice idea, love it!

Will make simmers life way easier, especially for the newbros being overwhelmed by those (perceived) 9.276.582.757.395 different buttons! We've all been there :)

Modifiers are really missing right now, but that's on the road map already i guess?

On the long run i'm afraid you'll really need customized diagrams without boxes (or dynamically created ones) and more free space to dynamically place the labels.

The F-16C's "DOGFIGHT/Missile Override Switch (special) - Missile Override/Center" label is a bit of an extreme example here i guess :lol: but has been chosen for enhanced expressivity.

Keep on going rexehuk, great project!

Cheers for the feedback!

As above, modifiers I will look at in time. It does however tie into your next point.

Right now, static templates is far easier - I may need to look into dynamically interacting but am avoiding this for a number of reasons right now as could make the templates massively complex and take control away from you guys.

For the box size, I'm aware some of the DCS strings are somewhat unwieldy by default, so plan to allow you to pick strings / customise them to what you want / save the setup so on future exports you get "Super long string with some random Finnish in" to "Fire gun" or w/e you want. I do notice you have a warthog throttle, so I will be adding a custom template (similar to stick) next release because the normal Thrustmaster one is terrible!

• Like 1

Hi! I tried this now that it supports the VKB Sim Gladiator NXT and it´s not working for me. It says " No Template for: VKB-Sim Gladiator NXT R" . But the template is in its folder as your readme says. The warthog throttle is working perfectly. Thank you for app , it´s really great!!

Hi! I tried this now that it supports the VKB Sim Gladiator NXT and it´s not working for me. It says " No Template for: VKB-Sim Gladiator NXT R" . But the template is in its folder as your readme says. The warthog throttle is working perfectly. Thank you for app , it´s really great!!

Hi dude, the templates need to match device name 1:1, so if it says the above, then your file must be called

VKB-Sim Gladiator NXT R.svg

Are you sure there isn't like a space in your device name at the start? Hop on discord and can help out :)

• Like 1

Hi dude, the templates need to match device name 1:1, so if it says the above, then your file must be called

VKB-Sim Gladiator NXT R.svg

Are you sure there isn't like a space in your device name at the start? Hop on discord and can help out :)

Yes you are right I think, there's an space at the beginning but if I change the filename and add an space in front, when I accept it automatically erases it, at least in File explorer. Any idea on how to fix it?

Thank you again for your time :D

Yes you are right I think, there's an space at the beginning but if I change the filename and add an space in front, when I accept it automatically erases it, at least in File explorer. Any idea on how to fix it?

Thank you again for your time :D

For that you'll probably need to go into your device config for VKB, I assume you've accidentally put a space in the device name!

I will however put a note down for 1.3 to trim device names so stop this happening, the only fix I think is changing your VKB device name for now, or if you use powershell

cd yourTemplateDirectory

ren "./VKB-Sim Gladiator NXT R.svg" "./ VKB-Sim Gladiator NXT R.svg"

That should work.

• Like 1

For that you'll probably need to go into your device config for VKB, I assume you've accidentally put a space in the device name!

I will however put a note down for 1.3 to trim device names so stop this happening, the only fix I think is changing your VKB device name for now, or if you use powershell

cd yourTemplateDirectory

ren "./VKB-Sim Gladiator NXT R.svg" "./ VKB-Sim Gladiator NXT R.svg"

That should work.

Oh sorry, I forgot to post the answer. It didn´t work, but I will wait for the next update as I don´t think changing the device name is a good idea, I don´t want to mess with the registry and maybe cause more problems in other game profiles. Anyway, nice job with this app, so useful. :D

Hello

Loving this idea....i struggle to remember what stick i have programmed how.

Any case....when i select the DCS World tab and try and source the saved games installation path, it gives me an error:

Error: [WinError 267] The directory name is invalid: 'C:/Users/*******/Saved Games/DCS.openbeta\\Config\\Input\\aircraft.lua'

Is it because of the DCS openbeta....or did u just flat out do it wrong?

Thanks in advance

WITH ENOUGH THRUST, LIFT IS IRRELEVANT!

Hello

Loving this idea....i struggle to remember what stick i have programmed how.

Any case....when i select the DCS World tab and try and source the saved games installation path, it gives me an error:

Error: [WinError 267] The directory name is invalid: 'C:/Users/*******/Saved Games/DCS.openbeta\\Config\\Input\\aircraft.lua'

Is it because of the DCS openbeta....or did u just flat out do it wrong?

Thanks in advance

Hi dude...

Looks like you've selected wrong thing, or accidentally clicked on a folder.

Need to select the saved games/dcs folder, not a folder within.

• Like 1

Joystick-Diagram-info.png#2

Joystick Diagrams

This started off as a script made by me for use with Joystick Gremlin, after some work I've made it compatible with DCS, which is pretty much all I use it for :)

What does it do?

Automatically will create your joystick profiles for you, either from Joystick Gremlin or DCS World configs.

This saves time when you have new planes and so forth, no more messing about with filling out a custom template and editing it every 5 minutes while you refine your setup

Supported Joysticks (out of the box)

Slowly building this out, with help of some community members too.

• CH Fighterstick
  • CH Pro Throttle
  • T.16000M
  • TWCS Throttle
  • VKB Sim Gladiator NXT (left and right)
  • VPC Control Panel #1
  • VPC VFX Stick
  • VPC Stick WarBRD
  • VPC Constellation ALPHA R
  • VPC MT-50CM Stick
  • X56 Stick
  • X56 Throttle
  • Thrustmaster Warthog Stick (Custom Template)
  • Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle

Other joysticks, custom HID, sim pits

Any HID device can be used with this tool. You just need to make a custom template for your HID device, instructions included in repo :)

Bugs/Feature Requests

Actively working on this project, with bunch of features on the roadmap.

Any issues get in touch on Discord/here, or pop along to the project page - https://rexeh.github.io/joystick-diagrams/

Download

Latest version (1.2.0)

Release Notes

Great!

Pls can You add also the VKB Gladiator MKII and for the VKB Gunfighter II MCG Pro?

Hi dude...

Looks like you've selected wrong thing, or accidentally clicked on a folder.

Need to select the saved games/dcs folder, not a folder within.

For the life of me i cannot point the program to any directory that satisfies the program....I am only running openbeta. I have pointed it to my saved games folder and only selected the DCS.openbeta folder and i just keep getting the same error: Error: [WinError 267] The directory name is invalid: 'C:/Users/*****/Saved Games/DCS.openbeta\\Config\\Input\\aircraft.lua'. I have tried it with changing the DCS.openbeta folder name to DCS World...but i still get invalid directory error and a couple of other tricks to keep getting invalid directory error. Im out of ideas.

Any help or hints appreciated.

WITH ENOUGH THRUST, LIFT IS IRRELEVANT!

For the life of me i cannot point the program to any directory that satisfies the program....I am only running openbeta. I have pointed it to my saved games folder and only selected the DCS.openbeta folder and i just keep getting the same error: Error: [WinError 267] The directory name is invalid: 'C:/Users/*****/Saved Games/DCS.openbeta\\Config\\Input\\aircraft.lua'. I have tried it with changing the DCS.openbeta folder name to DCS World...but i still get invalid directory error and a couple of other tricks to keep getting invalid directory error. Im out of ideas.

Any help or hints appreciated.

Easier if you hopped on discord to be honest, assuming you're on Windows 10 and not 7 or god forbid XP.

• Like 1

I was going to ask where it exports the diagrams to...but then I read the info box

Export Started

No Template for: VKB-Sim Gunfighter Modern Combat Pro Twist

No Template for: Joystick (Razer Tartarus V2)

No Template for: Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals

No Template for: Thrustmaster Virtual Game Controller (root)

No Template for: WINWING F18 STARTUP PANEL

No Template for: WINWING THROTTLE BASE1 + F18 HANDLE

So I guess I am out of luck.

Seems like a good start but also need modifiers mapped.

4930K @ 4.5, 32g ram, TitanPascal

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2020 at 9:22 PM, Wolf 37 said:

I think I missed something somewhere...where does the export end up?

Hi,

Exports should come out to /diagrams folder.

Known issue with newest DCS world atm with them introducing disabled devices.

• Like 1