Opinions on Logitech G Flight Pedals

Anyone have any opinions or experience with the Logitech g flight pedals? I'm wondering about build, durability, "feel", is the spacing of for a realistic Sim-Pit?

Whatever you've got I'd appreciate. Thanks!

My Box

Intel i10-850k, 32GB 3600 DDR, 1TB Crucial M.2 NVMe drive, RTX1080ti "Armor", Rift-S, and a piece of crap low end TM "HOTAS". Hopefully something good inbound

--------

Wishlist

AH-64 (any model)

MH-60

F-117

F-15E

only comfortable usable with shoes, so much for the feel

broken springs, so much for the durability

too flat on the ground, so much for the realistic setup

if 150 is your budget, they are fine

else skip and use the money towards better flight pedals

VIC-20@1.108 MHz, onboard GPU, 5KB RAM, μυωπία goggles, Competition Pro HOTAS

less budget, more availability and general principal. I refuse to pay 2x price on anything normally just because its in short supply. Was curious about these. Thanks for the tip.

Thats why I know its going to be a while before I get a good throttle and stick. Might bite the bullet and get a winwing combo when they restock, though. They do look sweet!

My Box

Intel i10-850k, 32GB 3600 DDR, 1TB Crucial M.2 NVMe drive, RTX1080ti "Armor", Rift-S, and a piece of crap low end TM "HOTAS". Hopefully something good inbound

--------

Wishlist

AH-64 (any model)

MH-60

F-117

F-15E

I bought a broken one on Ebay a few years ago for cheap. The right toe brake didn't work. I pulled it apart and found that the wire to the right toe brake had snapped right where it emerged from the rudder assembly. A year later, the other one snapped. I understand this is a common issue with them, or at least it was when Saitek was making them.

I think the problem was the original wire type and lack of slack, as it used a stainless wire braid that was pulled tight against a 90 degree bend and would flex every time the rudders were moved.

Mine haven't broken again in 2 years, and all I used was some wire stolen from a gutted USB extension. I simply ensured some extra slack was left where each wire emerged from the rudder assembly.

As far as use, I found it beneficial to remove the center detent. It makes the center a little sloppy, as there a bit of wiggle in the center with no spring resistance, but I find this to be better for helicopters in DCS. For fixed wing aircraft, I add a little software deadzone in DCS' controls for each aircraft.

I'm completely satisfied with mine.

I like the CH pedals as compared to anything short of MFG Crosswinds , which are 3x the price . They use a tracked roller so not the smoothest , but they're dead reliable and last forever . Pre-Covid they were about $140 .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I have an original early production Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals from many years ago and didn't replace them until I got Thrustmaster TPR pedals. It still works 100% with no spiking. But the toe brakes no longer spring return, but gravity keeps them at 0% when my feet aren't on them. The spring loaded pegs that lock the adjustable pedals broke a few years back, so they just slide down to the shortest position. I didn't bother to do any of the cool mods to get rid of the center detent because they already worked very well for flying DCS helos. But I have seen many posts over the years about how all of the Saitek products went downhill when MadCatz took over. I understand Logitech was trying to improve the quality control in recent production batches of the old Saitek products. I hope they succeeded. I loved all of my Saitek sticks: X-36 USB, X-45, and X-52 Pro in addition to getting countless hours of service out of the rudder pedals.

Two things have happened that made me leave Saitek before I ever had a problem with their gear: 1. Much more realistic and/or higher quality hardware has steadily become more available, and 2. I am no longer a poor starving college student or an entry level employee (i.e. I have the means to purchase expensive hardware). But when I was short on funds and wanted to enjoy combat flight sims, Saitek gear kept my happy for quite a long time. I was happy to see Logitech pick up the product line rather than let it die out completely.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thoughts on space for install into a sim pit? With a center console I can't help but wonder if the close in spacing of things like the CH-Pro, The TM TFRP, and others like it would present a need for a bow-like posture in the knees to 'reach around' the center console.

My Box

--------

Wishlist

AH-64 (any model)

MH-60

F-117

F-15E

I have a set of the Saitek Combat pedals, they along with my CH pedal sets I have work fine, and still work to this day. If you are concerned about longevity, as well as budget, VKB make a very affordable set of semi-custom nearly all metal pedals which are fantastic. After that the price just goes up - you do get what you pay for when it comes to sim pedals IMO.

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

I used a set of the Logitech pro for the 18 and other fixed wing no issues but I now only fly choppers and not the best for the so I will be selling them

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb