Members age?

Marcq

Just got 48, been flight simming since C64 days (Gunship). I´m in DCS since 2013 with the Hog and now switched to the Hornet. I own some other modules but don´t spread my limited time to too much of them, better go in depth. Still bad at A2A, but can handle A2G and A2A Refulling. DCS fills a huge portion of my spare time, thanks ED ;-) It´s good to see so much people around in similar or even higher ages. So I´m not alone.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4080 OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 5 with TrackClip: Pro!, Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base + TM Warthog Stick + 7cm extension + WINWING Orion 2 with F-15EX grips, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 5120x1440 @120 Hz

53...been flight simming since 1988 :pilotfly: :joystick:

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

58 just gone. Flew a bunch of the Microprose sims back in the late 80's when I got my first 286. Then a 386SX with a massive 40mb hard drive! F-15 Strike Eagle, F-19 Stealth Fighter, F-117A

Then life and work got in the way and so after a short 30 year hiatus from simming, took early retirement last year and was soon climbing the walls needing something mentally challenging when I discovered DCS World in early June this year. Wow! Things have come on a wee bit since the chunky pixelation of the F-19 and I'm definately hooked again.

Got a decent severance from my company so promptly kitted myself out for DCS (even pre-ordered a Reverb G2 on June 30th...still waiting for UK delivery;)

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

My DCS Apps:    Radio KAOS for DCS      KB Quick - Quick and Easy Kneeboards

40 here.

Started looking at the marvelous world of military aicraft PC games with the famous: ZX Spectrum 48K, on the late 1980's maybe.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

• 3 weeks later...

48 , married with children. Im so happy im not alone, or only one.

Last five years since i bought a10c the new one, and on , were diffirent .

I used to realy enjoy ... that is , drink , look around the world in fc3 , bomb the hell what i wanted, met guys from around the world

like paulie from nederlands, and a kid i sent 100 deutch marks (in 2003 or there something) to Hungary with post for his graphics card.

Talk to everybody via hyperloby, lm really lost now in 2020 , i want , but i cant ...,

its not the same , its like ... quick mission , aha aha aha , where are they , aha, whats the key again , aha , boom boom boom , au , au au , au 

run back home ,.

45 minutes ago, Mizzy said:

Over 50 and I'm not saying anymore. ED know my date of birth as I had to sign a NDA several years back. 

Actually, your birthday shows on your Profile page 🙃 .. you may want to edit it 🙂

I'm now 62, and beginning to worry about how many more years of simming I have ahead of me .. if I fly longer than 2-3 hours, my right arm begins to hurt a bit, as my Hotas (a TM Cougar) has stiff springs 😄  Well, for now I'm enjoying DCS for as long as I can.

Edit .. can you expand a bit about that NDA ? (in case its not a joke) .. I sense an interesting story behind that fact 🙂

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

1 hour ago, Rudel_chw said:

Actually, your birthday shows on your Profile page 🙃 .. you may want to edit it 🙂

I'm now 62, and beginning to worry about how many more years of simming I have ahead of me .. if I fly longer than 2-3 hours, my right arm begins to hurt a bit, as my Hotas (a TM Cougar) has stiff springs 😄  Well, for now I'm enjoying DCS for as long as I can.

Edit .. can you expand a bit about that NDA ? (in case its not a joke) .. I sense an interesting story behind that fact 🙂

😄 I forgot to edit it LOL, yes that's my birthday. Yes I'm afraid age is a factor but since I don't do any combat stuff I think I will continue for a while yet. I feel as if I have almost grown up with ED starting with Flanker 1 back in the 1990s age 30 haha. Doubt I will see another 25 years simming ! As far as the NDA goes, I was involved with Black Shark development on the graphics and modding side. I have credit in the Black Shark manual and it was great to see how the development builds were going as I got to play with them well before it went public. Of course I had to sign an agreement that I would not show anything work in progress that had not been released by ED first. I had to give it up though because my work changed and so forth plus the architecture of DCS became more and more complex and I couldn't keep up with it !

15 minutes ago, Mizzy said:

... I feel as if I have almost grown up with ED starting with Flanker 1 back in the 1990s

... the architecture of DCS became more and more complex and I couldn't keep up with it !

Me too, I started simming with "Solo Flight" back on the Commodore 64, and have been an Eagle Dynamics customer since LoMac.

I wish those people that say that DCS is still using the same "engine", read your phrase above .. I haven't seen the insides of the simulator, but I see evidence of its progress everytime I fly on it 🙂

Cheers!

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

• 1 month later...
On 12/18/2020 at 6:06 PM, Mizzy said:

😄 I forgot to edit it LOL

hi, just realized that your forum account Is now 16 years old .. that must be some kind of a record :thumbup: 

On 2/13/2021 at 10:55 AM, Rudel_chw said:

hi, just realized that your forum account Is now 16 years old .. that must be some kind of a record :thumbup: 

Yep, I have been here on and off for a long time. I was also on the old Flanker forum for several years before that, I was the author of many Flanker mods in it's day but DCS is too complicated now. As you can see, my post count is not high for 16 years service LOL.

• Like 1