New issues with VHF radio

Loadie

Hello all,

Thanks first off for all the help with my previous issues, my problem, just like I assume this will be as well.

Soooooo, when I use the C II with any of the downloaded missions I can’t for the life of me get the VHF radio to work at all, either AM or FM. The only way I can communicate is with UHF radio. I have the radio stack on and set as normal, with the VHF in the up position, just like with the rest. I can’t for the life of me figure out why I can’t get VHF to work.

Also, what setting do I need to activate to be allowed to see the bad guys in red?

Thanks again!

Hello all,

Thanks first off for all the help with my previous issues, my problem, just like I assume this will be as well.

Soooooo, when I use the C II with any of the downloaded missions I can’t for the life of me get the VHF radio to work at all, either AM or FM. The only way I can communicate is with UHF radio. I have the radio stack on and set as normal, with the VHF in the up position, just like with the rest. I can’t for the life of me figure out why I can’t get VHF to work.

Also, what setting do I need to activate to be allowed to see the bad guys in red?

Thanks again!

Can you attach a screen shot of the radio panel easily? Making an assumption that you have the MIC switch bound for the A10CII (all 4 directions of the hat switch).

EDIT - Here is a link to a post in another thread, which shows a quick image of how the MIC switch should be bound, just in case: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4512827&postcount=3

Cheers,

Ziptie

Edited by Ziptie
EDIT

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Can you attach a screen shot of the radio panel easily? Making an assumption that you have the MIC switch bound for the A10CII (all 4 directions of the hat switch).

EDIT - Here is a link to a post in another thread, which shows a quick image of how the MIC switch should be bound, just in case: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4512827&postcount=3

Cheers,

Ziptie

Yes, I’ve done that and I can only get UHF to work for me. I’ll see about uploading screen shots this afternoon.

Couldn’t figure out how to upload screen shots, sorry.

Onto much bigger issues right now with DCS. I can’t get any key bindings to work anymore. I completely started over from scratch inputting them, they work perfectly in the control panel. When I go back into the sim, nothing works! Using both beta and stable versions and A-10CII.

Onto much bigger issues right now with DCS. I can’t get any key bindings to work anymore. I completely started over from scratch inputting them, they work perfectly in the control panel. When I go back into the sim, nothing works! Using both beta and stable versions and A-10CII.

In the 'Controls' you have to bind the keys for 'A-10C II Real', if you fly in simulator mode or 'A-10C II Game' in game mode.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Print screen key is the stock key bind to take a screen shot.

In regards to your “bigger issue” - as another said, make sure you are in the “real” key bind section and not the “game” key bind section.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Ok, put in a ticket and we figured it was the one about avionics binding issue. I also remember selecting simulator, I’ll go and deselect that to see how it goes. I did go in and delete the files in the joystick folder on ALL a-10c folders. When I went back and manually added them it seemed to work. We shall see, I had to leave the computer to talk to my son in basic training with the AirForce. More important than a sim he is!