Vulching....

Vulching....  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Vulching....

• Yes Vulching Rules, Im here and your dead!
    • Its totaly dishonerable, at least let me get in the air!
    • Undecided?
    • Exit befor you get vulched. Vulching is an exploit.

Chivalry and good sportsmanship are not the same, or are they? If a pilot (A2A) has lost a good hard fought fight and is sent packing to re-spawn or some poor sap is trying to enter the game… and some highly skilled, expert of tactics, master of his machine, self proclaimed vulching avenger is loitering above you…laying down a bead of steel on you…and you continue to re-spawn in your own burning scattered debris…for the tenth time…as you see this highly skilled player coming in again because he still has plenty of death dealing bullets remaining and knows there is nothing you can about it…man! I must issue a well deserved “GK!” followed by a big salute “S!” IMHO…I don’t think that is the intentions for allowing vulching. If it is, then the server owner might state that, “the purpose of vulching is to conduct and display your poor sportsmanship on this server, and if you don’t like it…go fly in one of the other servers because this one is for the real men who fly in LockOn!”. Or something to that affect.

Testing my meager skills against another pilot is fun and rewarding, to get vulched over and over and over and over by the same vluching idiot who did not even engage me in the air…man! That is lots of fun. Again, I think the true purpose of vulching is miss interrupted or not fully explained in the brief or server rules. Clarification I think would be in order. There is NO SKILL in shooting a pilot that has just re-spawned, once he is wheels up, prepare to defend yourself!

Example: Some have vulched until they are out of all ammunition, they see the pissed off pilots going wheels up…so, being the skilled pilots that they are…they eject!

Where is the skill in that example?

And I quote, “Play Hard-Play Fair” what squad has that as their motto…I tend to forget sometimes. But, it is a good example of how to play the game with some sort of honor or maybe...I dare to say...a little chivalry.

44th_Willy p.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://44thvfw.org

Oh you'll see me for sure. It happens once in a while, I just gave example with your server because that happened just now. I have nothing against CMPT (I intentionaly didn't mention his callsign, you know- forum rules ;)), obviously it has taken him a lot of training to become such a sniper with the 33 but since this involves using EM, ET and 73s like rockets why not load the plane with a coupla of rocket pods instead? After all this what they're made for :)

I can understand vulching with any A2G weapons and cannon but in using semiactive radar A2A missiles as rockets I see only an exploit. IRL some IR missiles could be used for A2G purpose (I've read about R-60 tests for A2G, possible after replacing the detonator from optical to contact) but a radar missile, especially semiactive is a joke.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Oh you'll see me for sure. It happens once in a while, I just gave example with your server because that happened just now. I have nothing against CMPT (I intentionaly didn't mention his callsign, you know- forum rules ;)), obviously it has taken him a lot of training to become such a sniper with the 33 but since this involves using EM, ET and 73s like rockets why not load the plane with a coupla of rocket pods instead? After all this what they're made for :)

I can understand vulching with any A2G weapons and cannon but in using semiactive radar A2A missiles as rockets I see only an exploit. IRL some IR missiles could be used for A2G purpose (I've read about R-60 tests for A2G, possible after replacing the detonator from optical to contact) but a radar missile, especially semiactive is a joke.

Maybe it was somehow able to separate the minute doppler shifted

returns reflected off your engine from the overwhelming ground returns ;)

I don't know.....I find vulching the most satisfactory way to kill in lockon. I remember

a night mission when I TWICE killed the same guy on two different airfields using KH-29T.

AS was in that mission, the opponent got really pissed and we were laughing our asses off on

ventrilo :).

a2g with radar a2a missiles seems a bit wierd though, can't say im innocent... I've taken out my fair

share of SAMs with slammers.

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

To vulch with the 25T is an art. Its damn hard getting that close, even harder to run away without being blown out of the sky by enraged victims. :D

I have only been able to get so close to shoot down planes taking off with the frog.

Nice post respect is important.

But what I don't understand is what sounds like double standards? and how do you tie up exploits with my post?

I hope your not implying that I use exploits? That ET that killed you the other day -was- legit:D

When I mention chivalry im associating it with gaming not RL.

Even so to say there is no chivalry in warfare is ignorant, if there wasn't then pilots would be gunning down the parachutes in war to stop them pilots getting back in the air, as they are the enemy, or am I wrong? thats just respect, right.

If I had a post-it to remind me of every heat seeker that kills me I would have a new yellow wallpaper in my house. You think I remind myself of each individual engagement in a server thats always 20-30+ players full? your flattering yourself. :D

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

cool_t, it's good to have a selfesteem but to be able to control it is even better ;)

Personaly, I dont' really care about vulching that much. What I dislike is the A2A missiles(especially radar-guided) usage against ground targets (or planes on the ground). That's a huge exploit of the game and pretty lame IMO. BTW I was just in the 169th and for the short time I played I got team killed over Sochi and as soon as I respawned I took an Archer while I was holding short. You know how I felt? I felt that I've wasted my time.

Sure I know how to be Vulched feels, and I say "GK" after the fact to the bandit that got me. I dont throw my self into a "Selfesteem" fit when I get hit a go on and on about Honour, Knight-hood, the Holy Grail, and act like I have just seen King Kong.

Talking about tac-tics or bringing to light "Know" and "Un-Known" tac-tics might make other people think twice about there "Comunitive" stance here in LOMAC world. Some the most "Honourable" pilots that rant about exploits, Vulching, and other issues are some of LOMACS most decetfull thieves.

Not only are we discussing server rules we also are discussing how fine of a line we all tend to think what is right and or wrong in our own opinions.

Truly I do have a good selfesteem and being able to control it and what I go after "High Valued Targets" which is even better.

If I had a post-it to remind me of every heat seeker that kills me I would have a new yellow wallpaper in my house. You think I remind myself of each individual engagement in a server thats always 20-30+ players full? your flattering yourself. :D

No I don't but your response was a strange, I was confused, why no 'GOODKILL' or 'MoMoMoMonsterKill', it just seems that whenever I or one of my comrades shoots you down, its because of LO's poor missile blahblahexploit just what till amraams get fixed yarn (the old one was 'wait till BlackShark') then create a 20 page thread about crappy AMRAAM's.

And then whenever you manage to avoid fifty missiles while turning to face your opponent/s and then shoot one or two of us down without a scratch (thanks to LO's poor missile modeling) its quite cool cos your an ubber pilot an'all.:D

• Like 2

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

No I don't but your response was a strange, I was confused, why no 'GOODKILL' or 'MoMoMoMonsterKill', it just seems that whenever I or one of my comrades shoots you down, its because of LO's poor missile blahblahexploit just what till amraams get fixed yarn (the old one was 'wait till BlackShark') then create a 20 page thread about crappy AMRAAM's.

And then whenever you manage to avoid fifty missiles while turning to face your opponent/s and then shoot one or two of us down without a scratch (thanks to LO's poor missile modeling) its quite cool cos your an ubber pilot an'all.:D

Your way off topic and stearing it towards a locked thread. Please stick to the issue at hand.

Which is Vulching or No-Vulching, who, what, where, why, and how.

Please express your views in a less personal matter, use word play or in-direct word usesage to describe a pilots skills.

Just as on servers that do not alow Vulching and Im sure me and you follow the rules; please follow the fourm rules by not making it personal.

So Frost1e, how do you feel about lets say Im at your air base and I took out the air defences. The server does not allow vulching and I am waiting for you to get up in the air. In the process you are just waiting for the proper "Mistake" moment to take off and kill me as I wait for you to take off.

How do you feel about this, do you feel that handing you the advantage and you taking it is gradifying, or Holy Grail'ish? Its happend to me pleanty of times, so you might ask why? So I get the experience and learn new tactics, ect,ect,ect.

Vulching can and has happened in the real world. Except we all forget that its probably not called "vulching." If anyone could find the writings of any air-force commander from World War 2 complaining about how the enemy side had "vulched" all his aircraft before they could take off I would give you all of my money.

Perhaps we should reason why it has been named "vulching" in the first place.

"vulture [ˈvaltʃə] noun

a type of large bird of prey feeding chiefly on dead bodies" -Dictionary.com

This definition fits well in lockon where any aircraft sitting on the ground is effectively dead (helpless) as they can't fight back by any means until they get airborne.

I just found this in urban dictionary, wow :D

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=vulching

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

So Frost1e, how do you feel about lets say Im at your air base and I took out the air defences. The server does not allow vulching and I am waiting for you to get up in the air. In the process you are just waiting for the proper "Mistake" moment to take off and kill me as I wait for you to take off.

How do you feel about this, do you feel that handing you the advantage and you taking it is gradifying, or Holy Grail'ish? Its happend to me pleanty of times, so you might ask why? So I get the experience and learn new tactics, ect,ect,ect.

So when the enemy gets in the air -they- then have the advantage over you , perhaps you need to stop spending so much time practicing your vulching skillz and learn some new tactics in the air.

Where does the HolyGrail come into this, is that some sort of confused sarcasm, best practice what you preach my friend.

There is a big difference between chance vulching and just going into a server with the sole intention of vulching.

• Like 1

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

If some of you want to see any multiplayer related posts removed from the ru. forums completely, and allways.. Your going the right way about it.

Don't worry about me, I won't accuse anyone of virtual snobbery if they disagree with my opinion.

Is vulching cool , IMO , no.

• Like 1

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

My response was confusing to you but it apears everyone else seems to have understood it correctly. Reading your last few posts in this thread makes it pretty clear. You often missread and miss place your replies (just like this one), apparently contradicting yourself.

Colective respect is for Online gaming, Chilvarry and kindness is for these threads. I find them lacking when facing claims with practice.

BTW In all the time since I subscribed, I have never started any AMRAAM thread (much less with 20+ pages)FYI.

Whenever my oppinions about online beahviour differs from yours 1 or 2 menbers of your squad frequently come over here to give me yet another unccalled for lecture in chorus about my supposed anti <51>squad paranoia.

Same old off topic dodgy excuses for everything and for nothing, its getting old.

On a curious note: I helped to make a petition to Unban you about a year ago with wichKing, Mustang and others. You assume too much with the stereotype you flag me with publicaly. Im sick of it even when joking.

• Like 1

My PC specs below:

So when the enemy gets in the air -they- then have the advantage over you , perhaps you need to stop spending so much time practicing your vulching skillz and learn some new tactics in the air.

Where does the HolyGrail come into this, is that some sort of confused sarcasm, best practice what you preach my friend.

There is a big difference between chance vulching and just going into a server with the sole intention of vulching.

Ok, think in the third dimension, ill explane it again. When some on who is at an enemy air base where in the server Vulching is not allowed the pilot on the ground can take off from the tarmac-runway when they feel the threat is gone or they can get up behind the "Non-Vulching" bandit that is by your air field.

So in a logical representation of the "No-Vulching" rule on specific servers, this alows plilots on the ground to take advantage of the "Non-Vulching" rule by exploting when or where on the air-base to take off from and Kill the bandit that is a threat to the base. It has happend to me befor where I accepted my fate by going to the bad guy air-base knowing that I would no get back home in one peice.

So apart from me learning new tactics in the air, which I am always open to new ideas, tricks, tips, and rules. As stated please stick to the questions and or coments that we are discussing. Talk about why Vulching is not nice, or if there is "No-Vulching" on a server that also means that pilots cant take off from the runway when there is a bandit near because as the "Vulcher" has the advantage in a "Vulching server" in "No-Vulching" servers one can take off at the right time with 100% advantage taking advantage of the "No-Vulching" server rules and shoot the "Vulcher" down.

Quantitative reasoning? Or just a double standard? Strange and well worth discussion.

:pilotfly:

My response was confusing to you but it apears everyone else seems to have understood it correctly. Reading your last few posts in this thread makes it pretty clear. You often missread and miss place your replies (just like this one), apparently contradicting yourself.

Strange I didn't realise everyone else saw your response in the 169th server.

You didn't misread me did you, oh the shame.:D

BTW im glad you've decided to come back instead of waiting for BS. And am really sorry for any mis-understanding based on past events, I don't want to go treading on things which have been said in the past so I'll stop now and look forward to seeing you in the non-complaining blue.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Strange I didn't realise everyone else saw your response in the 169th server.

You didn't misread me did you, oh the shame.:D

BTW im glad you've decided to come back instead of waiting for BS. And am really sorry for any mis-understanding based on past events, I don't want to go treading on things which have been said in the past so I'll stop now and look forward to seeing you in the non-complaining blue.

I realy dont remenber that engagement...If I said you maddoged probably I never saw it and I jumped conclusions, I dont know. IF so Im sorry. Just realy tired of nonsense, and it got into me.

I didnt stop playing LOMAC waiting for BS, I merely decreased my activity due to my new job. I said so when I started to work. well Im unnemployed again.

• Like 1

My PC specs below:

Vulching is

"Non-Vulching" bandit

the "No-Vulching" rule

the "Non-Vulching" rule by exploting

Talk about why Vulching is not nice,

or if there is "No-Vulching"

"Vulcher"

"Vulching server" in "No-Vulching" servers

"No-Vulching" server rules and shoot the "Vulcher" down.

Quantitative reasoning? Or just a double standard? Strange and well worth discussion.

What?

If you want an answer from me , ive given it.

Vulching is what it says -vulching- an unpleasnant word describing an unpleasant action , don't expect to be liked for doing it and making a thread to justify vulching is just soft.

Carry on with your full burners down taxiways and vulching those nasty aircraft as they spawn your doing a great job I salute you.

Anyone for a game of CS?

• Like 1

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

What?

If you want an answer from me , ive given it.

Vulching is what it says -vulching- an unpleasnant word describing an unpleasant action , don't expect to be liked for doing it and making a thread to justify vulching is just soft.

Carry on with your full burners down taxiways and vulching those nasty aircraft as they spawn your doing a great job I salute you.

Anyone for a game of CS?

Understandible, or misunderstood?

No problems, if you do not want to discuss these manners intelectualy.

Nice editing, so, let other people talk about the issue and how they feel about it, if your not going to answer questions.

Realy how do you feel about what I asked you?

Ice,

I used the 169th motto “play hard-play fair” as an example to show that playing hard and fair is to invoke good sportsmanship. And that should always be taken into consideration after shooting a pilot on the ground. Shooting the same individual more the once is pointless and would be unfair play. As for the poll, I think there are more than 62 people that play LockOn…so it would not be a true representation of the community. My intentions for quoting the 169th motto were in no way, shape or form to be interpreted in a negative or demeaning manner. I just wanted to show that good sportsmanship equals fair play.

44th_Willy p.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok Willy. I misunderstood your intentions.

What needs to be recognised here is that like, in real life there are things that are good for you, but too much is not. For instance a red wine in the evening with your meal is a good thing. 2 bottles every night after dinner is not. So to put in context and say any vulching is lame or weak or shows no skill is not true. To say Vulch as much as you can at every oportunity you get, or until you run out of ammo is also not right either.

Establishing this, then it is not surprising that some vulching is good. Just dont overdo it. Maybe, just maybe most of us can agree on this and put this subject to bed.

+1 Best responce so far. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

F-15c (E)

Since I cant get bombs or some sort of Air to Ground load out on the F-15c in LOMAC I think Ill just keep practicing. Ohhh man I forgot all of the Migs and Su's have air to ground capabilities, right hummmmmmm, strange.

Well here is my version of the F-15c/E in the current LOMAC configuration.

Please take a look at how effective it can be. Ice did I over do it this time ;) ? Maby a bit? Muuuhahahahahhahaha!!!!

http://www.lockonstats.com/server1/pilot.php?pilot=cool_t

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

well said X-Man

+1

NotiA10

CoolerMaster HAF RC-932 - Intel Core i7 950 - Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro - Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R - Kingston DDR3 6GB - Gigabyte Radeon HD 5870 EF 6 Edition - Western Digital 640GB SATA-III - CoolerMaster 700W - TrackIR Pro 4 - Saitek X52 - Saitek Rudder Pedals - Hotas Warthog

I am a noob, but I've been playing on hyper-lobby for more than a month now, flying both A2G and A2A planes and not a single time was I vulched, even with over 15 people in the air. This makes vulching, in my personal experience, very rare, for all the reasons mentioned in the OP.

Also, in real life the ground crew along with the airplanes are much more vulnerable to aerial strikes due to the fact it takes a fair bit more time to actually taxi the plane fromt eh hangars to the runway - in LO it's a matter of 30 seconds spooling up and some afterburner and wheelbrakes abuse to get you into the patter within one minute from logging in - hardly any time for a strike force to aquire you visually, adjust their own aspect and actually fire at you.

So I say: gogogogogo vulching 4tw <3

:pilotfly: BrotherBloat

Ok Willy. I misunderstood your intentions.

What needs to be recognised here is that like, in real life there are things that are good for you, but too much is not. For instance a red wine in the evening with your meal is a good thing. 2 bottles every night after dinner is not. So to put in context and say any vulching is lame or weak or shows no skill is not true. To say Vulch as much as you can at every oportunity you get, or until you run out of ammo is also not right either.

Establishing this, then it is not surprising that some vulching is good. Just dont overdo it. Maybe, just maybe most of us can agree on this and put this subject to bed.

An excellent point Ice… you’ve hit the proverbial nail on the head, a little can be good…don’t be a glutton. I think it is as simple as that.

Put this poll to rest!

44th_Willy p.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The challange is on the mission maker! If your SAM and AAA defensive shield doesn't stop me - I am coming in!

I second that by adding

if your sam, and aaa, and your coalition/team mates aren't stopin me - I am coming in.

vulching is not my objective at all, and I'll never take off with that in mind.

But if I arrived somehow in that specific area, and I have an opportunity, I wont hesitate, unless it is clearly specified in the server rulez.

• Like 1

=4c= SERBIAN VIRTUAL FIGHTERS SQUADRON