ASP-PFD again, or still

Кош

Guys, it's the most in-the-face misrealization of avionics in the module. Let's sort this out at last.

Starting with:

- when trying to achieve the dogfight mode fixed 300m range, setting to manual gyro - piper moves only left-right, and does not move with normal g.

- but, if I just leave the sight in automatic, gyro, turn the radar off and set manual range 300m - piper moves all around, just like it should in manual regardless of the radar on or off.

Please fix the manual mode air, gun, gyro, manual. It should move the piper in all directions in 7 degrees of angle range accounting for own g forces and showing GSh-23 VPU fire impact point at 300m for dialed target base(wingspan).

Edited by Кош

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

Ok Kow, will forward it to Dolphin. Thank you for reporting ;)

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

@Hiromachi, I have a high quality scan of a complete Polish operator's manual for the 21bis. It includes the segment that Schmidtfire posted. I'd be happy to send that to you, PM me if you need it.

DCS module wishlist: F-104S ASA-M Starfighter / F-111F Aardvark / F-4E Phantom II / J 35F2 Draken / J-7M AirGuard / Kfir C.2 / MiG-17F / MiG-21 Bison / Mirage F1 / Su-17M4 / Su-24M / Yak-9U

@Hiromachi, I have a high quality scan of a complete Polish operator's manual for the 21bis. It includes the segment that Schmidtfire posted. I'd be happy to send that to you, PM me if you need it.

Thank you for the offer. I have ASP manual in Polish and Czech language. Just need time to review it in detail.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

From what I can tell from manual 300m fixed range is only available with MAN/AUTO switch on sight in MAN. Otherwise in AUTO it is 600m or actual lock range from radar. Turning radar on or off shouldn't matter.

Yes, that's the point.

What about this one: https://leatherneck-sim.mantishub.io/view.php?id=889 ?

Edited by Кош

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

• ED Team

The flight manual for bis is available freely on Polish Aviation Museum website, you sure it's not the same one?

• ED Team
That's because DCS doesn't supply full ground electrical power.

In Mi-8 both AC and DC ground power work correctly, so it's a matter of module's implementation. As it is it's completely borked, because the annunciation light signalizing AC offline turns off when AC gen switch is on and ground power is connected but despite that none of the systems requiring AC work. I presume no one bothered with it since it's lower priority then things like radar or ASP - which we can see the state of in this thread.

In Mi-8 both AC and DC ground power work correctly, so it's a matter of module's implementation. As it is it's completely borked

This. But let me disagree with regarding electrics less priority than it's consumers like radar, sight and so on. Moving from base to top is better letting you avoid further simplifications leading to logical bugs.

• 5 months later...