Which Extension for MCG Pro

Canadus

Received my Gunfighter MKIII plus MCG Pro & F14-Stick and I am blown away by the quality and the feeling of those sticks. Huge improvement for me, coming from the T16000.

Question for my right now is, which extensions should be used, when using a deskmount from monstertech, if I want to improve the overall feeling? Is 200mm too much, even when used with the long deskmount? Are 100mm sufficient, to eliminate the need for curves?

Ryzen 5800XD - 32GB RAM - Sapphire RX 7900 XTX - VKB Stuff + MFG Crosswind Pedals

Homebase: Southwest Germany 🇩🇪

I have the 200mm extension and use the long Monstertech deskmount. The long throw with the 200mm gives you more preciscion. Also the long mount gives you the option to mount the stick base below the seat and have a cutout in the seat between your legs so you can move the stick closer to you.

Using 2x40 springs the feel is really good. No need to setup curves if you have the 200mm.

Edited by SACG_Yeti

The MCG Pro is longer than most other grips. With the 200mm extension, the range of movement is very large. While great for precision, it is actually a larger range of motion than real world sticks. The 100mm extension provides a more realistic range of displacement. Both work very well. The most important aspect in deciding which one to use would be how it fits your installation. The curve in the 200mm extension is something I didn't want or need. I was set up for a straight stick, so the curve put the grip too far back into my lap. It still worked because of the extreme length, but it created the wrong geometry for my install. The 100mm extension worked better with the MCG Pro, but was too short for the other grips. I need a straight 150mm grip for all of the other normal sized grips like the F-14 and F/A-18.

Right now I am using the Wingwing desktop mount for the VKB stick. Its vertical depth adjustment allows me to use either extension to get the grip to the same final height, but again the curve and range of motion make the 200mm a bad option for me: I would have to push my seat back a couple of inches, which would put me farther back from the throttle, too. Or I have to sit with grip too close to me.

In VR, you can judge the geometry of the throttle/stick/pedals of the ingame cockpit versus your installation. My current setup using the 100mm extension matches pretty close to most cockpits, which is what I really want.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have the 200mm extension and use the long Monstertech deskmount. The long throw with the 200mm gives you more preciscion. Also the long mount gives you the option to mount the stick base below the seat and have a cutout in the seat between your legs so you can move the stick closer to you.

Using 2x40 springs the feel is really good. No need to setup curves if you have the 200mm.

Same experience here, using 200 mm extension with my Gunfighter Mk III Pro L along with the extended Monster Tech Mount.

Feels perfect to me. I use only one #50 spring on each axis.

hqxiGR6.jpg

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Are 100mm sufficient, to eliminate the need for curves?

Yes.

I have the kosmosima on a 100mm extension with the normal monstertech mount. It's more enough to eliminate the need for curves on the Gazelle, so it should be more than sufficient for any other aircraft in DCS.

The main reason I didn't get the longer mount is because it would have required me to lower my particular desk seat to extreme degree and move it (and hence myself) back significantly from the desk in order to avoid rapping my knuckles or stick against the desk/mount when pitching forward.

Thanks for the ideas and the feedback so far.

I think I will go for the 100mm extensions, as soon as it will be available again.

This may fit my setup best.

The long desk mount could be overkill, IMHO.

attachment.php?attachmentid=250403&d=1603015182

Ryzen 5800XD - 32GB RAM - Sapphire RX 7900 XTX - VKB Stuff + MFG Crosswind Pedals

Homebase: Southwest Germany 🇩🇪