Virpil Throttle Axis Flap switch convert to button

I have managed to program my Hornet with the flap lever using the Virpil software. I am running into an issue with the Hog though. The MVR flap bind has been removed for some reason. So in the DCS controller setup I can only program flaps up and down. Trouble is, the flaps go from MVR to up or MVR to down. Does anyone have experience making the flaps work as intended? Is the solution within the Virpil software? In DCS? or both? Thank you in advance.

Edited by GreatWhiteHype

• 3 months later...

I would appreciate some advice on this.

My Virpil Mongoos throttle CM3 has a flaps lever that isn't recognised in the DCS control menu - I THINK because the lever is an axis control and the DCS flaps command is a button control ie either as a toggle; or as a separate "up" and "down" buttons.

I'm not sure how to take it further - the Virpil config software "sees" the flaps lever (axis) but the DCS control menu (buttons for flaps) does not.

Any help would be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/15/2020 at 11:43 AM, GreatWhiteHype said:

That helps me a lot! I will see if I can get the Virpil software to simulate a hold for me. Thank you for the response. I will try and test it this weekend. Take care!

Did you figure this out?

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

I sort of figured it out. I made the flap axis into a three button switch. I got the idea and instructions from here., I hope this helps you. When you get it to work, you have to slowly move the flap axis to catch the buttons you programed in.

Edited by GreatWhiteHype

• 3 months later...
On 1/27/2021 at 8:52 PM, mungee said:

I would appreciate some advice on this.

My Virpil Mongoos throttle CM3 has a flaps lever that isn't recognised in the DCS control menu - I THINK because the lever is an axis control and the DCS flaps command is a button control ie either as a toggle; or as a separate "up" and "down" buttons.

I'm not sure how to take it further - the Virpil config software "sees" the flaps lever (axis) but the DCS control menu (buttons for flaps) does not.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

i am on the same path as you. If you doubleclick the axis you are able to set some stuff. If you look at the bottom offers you options. I have opted for 3 button 0-20%, 41- 60% and 81-100%

If you the move the lever you see 3 button light up. These you map to your logical buttons. Give me a pm if you need help with this.

my question to you, there are a lot of flaps controls. To which would you map these 3?

-----

Don't practise till you got it right.

Practise till you don't do it wrong

Interesting. “Out of the box” I assigned my flaps on F-14 to lever and it moves exactly as I adjust it.  V3 of the virpil throttle 

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.