AH-64D (Apache) Longbow Attack Helicopter High Fideltiy Wish

AH64D

When can we expect this to come out? I know its in production, but does anyone know when it will launch? Sometime in 2021? I really want this. I can hardly wait. My only two dreams in life was to be either a fighter pilot or an AH64D Longbow Apache Attack Helciopter pilot.

I want this cockpit so bad. I hope it comes out soon. I am mastering the F/A-18C, though I go into a CCIP bombing run with Mk82's and Mk84. I keep missing the damn tanks buy a few feet. Man its hard. Auto or CCRP is easier, but I want to be good at CCIP. The Mavericks are awesome, just lock the target and KABOOM. Greatest feeling in the world. But a CCIP kill is pretty amazing.

I am holding off on getting the A-10C until I master the F/A-18C. But if the AH-64D Longbow comes out, I buy that instantly. God I love that attack helicopter. The AH-1 Cobra would be awesome as well.

Happy flying! Love DCS.

I just keep my posts, in the F/A-18C. As that is my current cockpit. But yeah we are all so excited, we want the AH-64D Lonbow! Man its gonna be so awesome! There is no threads for the AH-64D so I figured just to keep it here. We spent $80 bucks on this awesome cockpit, so I figured, memebers here are in the loop.

Go Eagle Dynamics!!!!

Edited by AH64D

Ahhhh....this is the F/A-18 thread!

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

You have 64GB of G.Skill damn..I got 32GB of G.Skill..i7 CPU and a GXT 1080 Ti. I want the RTX3090 24GB of RAM. The i9 Intel CPU must be nice. Its expesive. My 32 GB of ram kit costed my $700 dollars back in the day. Its cheaper now. I need a new gaming rig. The one I have now is good for my 3D modeling. And plays games on full settings. Well, not DCS I just go with the degfault graphics seetings on high. I don't want to blow up my GPU. DCS is intense.

Edited by AH64D

I have said this before, but I hope Eagle Dynamics considers making the F-4 Phantom II. Its a crude fighter jet, but a veitnam era setting would be pretty awesome. The F4 was bad ass. I love that Fighter plane. I have a Squadrons/Signal orignal book on it. For classic plastic modeling. Its so awsesome, I got one on the F/A-18 as well.

Edited by AH64D

Well is there an AH64D Longbow thread? So we can get updates. I want to know the progress, and when it might come out. I was told its in production, but when can we expect it?

I only post here because the F/A-18C is my home. Its all I got. Being in the cockpit is the only thing that makes me happy. I wish I had losts of money so I could buy the TRACKIR5 and the A-10C, F-16 Viper.

Well is there an AH64D Longbow thread? So we can get updates. I want to know the progress, and when it might come out. I was told its in production, but when can we expect it?

I only post here because the F/A-18C is my home. Its all I got. Being in the cockpit is the only thing that makes me happy. I wish I had losts of money so I could buy the TRACKIR5 and the A-10C, F-16 Viper.

Have you tried opentrack as an alternative to TrackIR? No way I would spend $'s on TrackIR now with VR being not much more expensive, especially when there's alternatives at a fraction of the price of TrackIR such as OpenTrack.

And yes - I too was duped into this thread thinking it was an announcement. Not funny Jan!

VR reduces the graphics. Plus I hear it is hard to keep that thing on your head for a while. TRACKIR 5 is fine, yeah its expensive, but all jet fighter accessories are. Its an expensive hobby. I was suprised the high fidelity cockpits are $80 bucks, but worth every penny. Hopefully that high prices motivates Eagle Dynamics to make more.

At least the A-10C is only $60, probably due to the upgrade. But the cocpits are so awesome, the level of detail is amazing. I wish I could work for ED, I want to know how to make this stuff. I wonder if Eagle Dynamics has some contract with the military. To know how to model all these systems. I mean, they can't just be Googling this stuff.

I would love to see how its done. Whats funny, is we have all these schools right, how to program, how to 3D model. But there is no school in the world that teaches you the basics of making a fighter sim. I know C++ and Maya, 3D studio MAX, UNREAL ENGINE and all that jazz. But there is notihng out there, that shows you how this stuff is made.

I would like to model a HUD..I have no idea where to start. Eagle Dynamics is very special. I thank them very much for their amazing work.

I was Told C++/QT is a possible way to model a HUD. But I still have not gotten into that lately. Just doing Maya, C++ and Python. But apparently, the cool HUD on a Mercdes Benz is made with QT and stuff like that. I think the UNREAL ENGINE has a HUD framework. But I am doing so much stuff, I haven't looked into yet. If I was to model a HUD in Maya, how do I make that green text and symbols animate on the glass? I have no idea. I wish I new this dark secret. Its serious magic...and the real world oh man! How did the aerospace engineers do that? So amazing. Or even a TWS/RWS radar MFD, where you can slew around and lock a target...how...how is this done. So insanely awesome.

Or when go into A/G mode and the Radar comes up. And the B-Scope is scanning. So they modeled a 3D world, and somehow, the MFD they modeled and programmed can scan that 3D world...I dunno maybe I am dumb, I have no idea how you do this. How do you make a radar? That can scan the 3D world under you? Its just magic basically. Heh...

But then again, I am trying to get my math skills up. Like go into mathematician mode. I study a lot of math, but have a long way to go before I get into the advanced stuff. Maybe a solid understanding of mathematics would make this challenge easier to understand and program. Who knows my little brain can't handle it.

I tried to Google how a HUD works, nothing really. That little nub in front of the HUD is a projector I guess. And it splashes the HUD with all that information. I mean think about that for a seocnd, how the hell does that work? I wonder how many wires are in that thing, for an I/O perspective. You switch a mode and it displays and animates all of it on there. If the information was classified, meaning I cannot Google this stuff, then how does companies like Eagle Dynamics know how to simulate it? I dunno, I think about this a lot. I am sure most people don't even care. But it blows my mind. I so wish I could get an insight on how this is done. Reall or simulated. Google all you want, the information is simply not on the internet.

Interestingly, I wonder if there is an algorithm that does this. Probably developed by Boeing, or some aerospace corporation. Probably written in ADA or C++. So like:

#include <HUD>

speed = HUD.Speed(); haha...something like this.

Its basically the Dark arts. Like C++ Template meta programming...very dark. Heh.

I also have wondered what CPU's and chips are in a modern jet fighter...I doubt Intel. Who makes that mystery hardware? Are the circuit boards green? Or do they look like an ASUS gaming motherboard? Who makes that stuff? What do those computer chips do? Jet Fighters are so Mysteries. I basically think about jet fighters all day long so you have to forgive me. I want to know everything about them. It is the greatest thing man has ever made. In my opinion.

When I fly my F/A-18C its the only happiness I get. When I see a jet fighter I feel happy. Everything else aint so great.

My dream in life was to be a USAF Fighter pilot. And that didn't happen obviously...it hurts.

Best youtube on the internet

Second BEst TOP GUN

FOX 3...WHOOOSH Splash my bandit!!

And common guys, I wanted to know about the Ah-64D Longbow Attack helicopter update from ED. You see that I am a junior member with the name AH64D, so I am obviously not ED. As fighter pilots I would think your attention to detail would be a little more perseptive. I keep my posts in the F/A-18C sector, as this is an expensive cockpit, and I figure all of us know what is going on. I don't want to make ED mad, by posting randomly. I figure this is this is my home. Until I get the A-10C and the F-16 Viper. But probably just stick around here. We are F/A-18C fighter pilots so let us chill at home.

Fighter pilots are the most ELITE men in the world. That is the truth. They are the most smart men who ever lived. And yes the aerospace engineers who made the modern jet fighter possible are heroes as well. Best Mathematicians in the world. The whole team, from fighter pilot to engineer, is absolutely amazing. True power. Straight up bad assess. The Attack Helicopter pilot...is amazing as well. And the very rare B2 Stealth Bomber pilots. These are the best of the best in the world. The TOP ELITE.

Fighter pilots command $100 million dollar weapons platforms, munitions are in the range of millions of dollars (missiles/bombs). So Fighter pilots have no money concerns. What ever they want they get.

Fighter Pilot = GOD.

Edited by AH64D

Been doing bombing runs all night in CCIP mode...I got one! Blew that fool away with an Mk-84...man this is hard. I keep missing the tanks by a ffew feet. But I did it..Man I suck..I keep missing the tanks by like a few feet...

I am looking at DCS now..with the sun set and the clouds above...god can you imagine being a figher pilot and see that view in the most powerful weapon on Earth....Being a Fighter pilot is god.

Edited by AH64D

Yeah it kinda flew off the rails...sorry about that. I just want to talk about jet fighters all day. So I get off topic. But still though...nobody in this post as any updates on the AH-64D development...when is it coming out? But yeah...I really like this stuff and love to talk about it. I don't know any of you...but you like what I like..so I am your friend.

Yeah it kinda flew off the rails...sorry about that. I just want to talk about jet fighters all day. So I get off topic. But still though...nobody in this post as any updates on the AH-64D development...when is it coming out? But yeah...I really like this stuff and love to talk about it. I don't know any of you...but you like what I like..so I am your friend.

There is no AH-64D development (that we know of). ED is busy with the Mi-24.

ED said they will do an AH-64(A) eventually.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Well thats not good.....I am working on becoming a professional 3D modeler in Maya and 3D Studio MAX for military aircraft. Its my passion, Eagle Dynamics is my passion. They do what I want to do. Maybe one day all be the guy to make the AH-64D Longbow possible...I would really love to see how ED does it. Its the only company I want to work for.

I could model a MFD...but I don't know how to actually C++ code the functionality. When you see the radar doing its thing in A/A or A/G mode....how do you do that? ED knows. How a HUD works...I want to know how to do that. I stare at my F/A-18C HUD all day long...its so awesome...and all the radar and functional systems....on the DDI/MFD. Its all I think about. I love this stuff. I understand computer programming, but like a B-Scope in A/A mode with a weapon selected. for TWS and RWS. How do make that..yep a lot of math...but the graphics too. Qt or maybe a graphics engine. Its so Amazing! I sound redundant, I am just really into it.

Its funny, when you let people know you love jet fighters and the technology involved..you get zero friends real quick. Unless your an actual fighter pilot..then life is perfect. All I care about is military aviation and SCI-FI space ships...and people look at me like I am weird....Welp...at least computers are so bad ass these days I don't need friends.... I just stare at computers all day long. Who needs people in your life. When you have powerful computers sourounding your world....I am not on social media...I just have awesome hardware..and DCS baby!

This thread started in the FA-18 subforum? Now it is under the Mods & Apps subforum??

--> This belongs into Chit Chat, tbh.

+1

And it would be nice if the moderators changed the title of the thread - even if they just add a question mark at the very end so people can see clearly it's a question, not a statement when it appears in search results.