[ALREADY REPORTED]AI Artillery not Re-arming

schuey97

I'm running the latest stable version and have tried setting up some artillery in the Syria map to bombard a area.

Currently I have tried SPH 2S19 Msta and MLRS 9A52 Smerch HE and both will fire, however once out of ammo they will not re-arm. I have placed a Ural-375 (same country) right next to these units and allowed time to accelerate for an hour with no change. I have also tried FARP ammo with no change.

Does re-arming work in the basic mission editor or do I need to be looking at 3rd party scripts? Just don't want to be chasing my tail if its not something that works correctly.

Thanks

• ED Team

Hi

we do have this reported.

Try changing target as a work around for now

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I'm running the latest stable version and have tried setting up some artillery in the Syria map to bombard a area.

Currently I have tried SPH 2S19 Msta and MLRS 9A52 Smerch HE and both will fire, however once out of ammo they will not re-arm. I have placed a Ural-375 (same country) right next to these units and allowed time to accelerate for an hour with no change. I have also tried FARP ammo with no change.

Does re-arming work in the basic mission editor or do I need to be looking at 3rd party scripts? Just don't want to be chasing my tail if its not something that works correctly.

Thanks

As BigNewy stated this is a known issue. Has been for probably a year or more. It is intermittent however. In other words it doesn't always happen. You can run the mission 10 times and a good number of times re-arming will just be broken whereas other times it will actually work.

Just wanted to state that fact for the ED team because it may not be apparent if they try this ONCE and things work for them.

For me it was mortars which take only a few mins to reload. Also, once you notice it broken with one unit, none of your units in the mission will get rearmed.

Just a few lame ideas to kick around if you haven't tried them already-

Make the ammo truck part of the artillery units group, or not part of the group, whichever seems to work better..

Place more than one ammo truck.

Borrow another nations ammo truck to see if that works better.

Place the ammo truck very close to the arty unit.

Place more than one arty unit on the map and give each one a staggered "appearance" time, say 7 minutes between each one, so that when the first runs out of ammo the second will appear on the map to continue the bombardment, then the third and so on.