Sound Modding: How to tell what sound file DCS is playing

boosted-lt1

I'm tuning sounds for a few aircraft and on the F-86 there is some strange sound playing while the engine is running. I've got sound mods installed so I'm using saved games/sounds folder for tuning. I've zeroed out the gain in all of the sdef's I can think of may be causing this but can't find the sound which continues to play.

My question is, is there a way you can see in real time what sound file DCS is calling up? I've viewed the DCS.log but not really seeing this in there.

Or maybe a list of all sound files referenced by any given aircraft?

Thanks,

• Like 1

I5-4670K @ 4.2Ghz / 1660 Super / Oculus DK2

Warthog Throttle / MFG Pedals / MSFFB2

• 2 months later...

Hi. Dont know if you solved it and I cant help you much other than telling you what  you might already know. I find I have to disable soundmods for different planes since some of them change shared soundfiles that affects all plane like the planefarnoise file etc. If I have a mod installed that has changed that and i use a mod for a different plane that doesnt change that same file it will play it and might sound odd for some planes. Just a thought.

They have also changed the soundfiles in mainfolder to be locked and hidden in coded files so that doesnt help to find out whats going on. They sure made it more difficult for people who likes to tinker with sounds in this new protective sound system.

9 hours ago, jafa said:

I really enjoyed the sound modding , but once they locked it and gave us the middle finger I left and deleted this game from my pc.

Jaffa, I really enjoyed your sound mods. Best anywhere and always the most realistic inside and outside the cockpit.

Sorry to hear that you left the SIM.

Best to you!

• 2 weeks later...

you can find all the listed sounds in your DCS folder /Doc / Sounds

sdef_and_wave_list

here you can modify your own ( placing it in your Saved games/Sounds/Effects(or sdef /Aircraft .. )

Edited by Cougar133
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ryzen 7950X / Z670E -  32Gb DDR5 6000CAS36 - 4070TI - ReverbG2 - Hotas Cougar FSSBR1

• 4 months later...
On 1/28/2021 at 1:15 AM, Cougar133 said:

you can find all the listed sounds in your DCS folder /Doc / Sounds

sdef_and_wave_list

here you can modify your own ( placing it in your Saved games/Sounds/Effects(or sdef /Aircraft .. )

Thanks for pointing that out!