F 18 Hotas Functions

AStrange logic though (why only from WACQ if HMD on??).

With the HMD turned on, VACQ is only accessible from WACQ because SCS down enables AIM-9X UPLOOK Mode (which doesn't really seem to do anything yet).

With the HMD turned on, VACQ is only accessible from WACQ because SCS down enables AIM-9X UPLOOK Mode (which doesn't really seem to do anything yet).

Uplook actually works. However, the seeker circle is blanked so you have to rely on audio only. Not sure if that part is correct.

• 3 weeks later...
Here's an update which adds a bunch of stuff. And a quick reference for where buttons are located on the real Hornet HOTAS.

I found this is really good. Please... can we have printer friendly version. Too dark to see when I print with my crappy printer.

Thank you.

OS:Win10 64bit*/MB: Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING / HD:SSD

CPU Type: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8-Core 3700Mhz / Ram:32Gb DDR4

Mon: Dell AW3418DW LCD + 3 x CUBESIM displays.

Hotas : TM Warthog #4347 | #80897 | TM F/A-18 Hornet Stick / TM Pendular Rudder / Cougar MFDs / Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC / Elgato Stream Decks / Virpil T50-CM2 Base and Grip / Winwing Super Taurus | PCR | PTO / Monstechtech Desk Mounts 

I found this is really good. Please... can we have printer friendly version. Too dark to see when I print with my crappy printer.

Thank you.

Yup, someone else suggested that as well and I'm planning on making a more traditional black and white version that'll print better with my next update - which will also add AZ/EL.

• Like 1

Yup, someone else suggested that as well and I'm planning on making a more traditional black and white version that'll print better with my next update - which will also add AZ/EL.

Thank you, sir.

Hotas : TM Warthog #4347 | #80897 | TM F/A-18 Hornet Stick / TM Pendular Rudder / Cougar MFDs / Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC / Elgato Stream Decks / Virpil T50-CM2 Base and Grip / Winwing Super Taurus | PCR | PTO / Monstechtech Desk Mounts 

Update!

I added AZ/EL, updated the A/A RDR page, FACQ, AACQ, and added references for which controls can be activated by the TDC.

I also made a B&W version that should print better than the MFD themed one.

Hornet HOTAS Green.pdf

Hornet HOTAS B&W.pdf

• Like 4

Update!

I added AZ/EL, updated the A/A RDR page, FACQ, AACQ, and added references for which controls can be activated by the TDC.

I also made a B&W version that should print better than the MFD themed one.

You're the man, Buddy. Thank you !!!!

Added into my kneeboard.

image_262642.thumb.jpg.005b6d8ff0e370411e507d19979f9c41.jpg

Edited by Crusader69

• 9 months later...
On 10/17/2020 at 4:50 AM, Bunny Clark said:

So I typed this up from memory as a first crack at some kind of unified guide. It's totally possible I've missed some things, this is a rough draft. If anyone sees something wrong or that I missed let me know and I'll update it. Text in red are functions that are not implemented yet in DCS but I know and understand what they do.

There's a bunch of other stuff not in yet related to pages and features we don't have (and may never have in some cases). If I don't fully understand how the feature works, I didn't include it. The Az/El page will bring a few additional HOTAS functions for the radar and A/A FLIR, There are TDC Slew functions on the SA and HSI pages, a waypoint slew function for adjusting waypoints on the HSI, and a MAP Slew function on the HSI that has something to do with map alignment.

I had a realization last night that an illustrated quick-reference guide might be easier to make on a per-page basis rather than a per-switch basis like is typically done with the Hog and Viper. I'll try to draw up something like that.

Hornet HOTAS Guide.pdf 244.03 kB · 547 downloads

You sir, are a freaking legend. Thank you!

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals