[RESOLVED] Mark points not displayed

Galwran

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no way in the Harrier to mark a point under the TGP cursor and save it for later engagements, like with the Hornets M1-M9 markpoints?

Not in Razbam's AV-8B, AFAIK IRL you'd designate a target i.e. with the TGP, and then use the MK button to store the position for later use.

If a system designation exists with C1+ and H4.0, the calculated designation position is stored in the markpoint when the MK pushbutton is pressed.

... without a designation, the MK button stores the aircraft's current position and uses the radar altimeter to calculate ground elevation (or uses the current waypoint elevation i.e. if RAlt isn't valid).

The number of markpoints available in the AV-8B depends on the software version being modelled.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

I thought this was recently added to Harrier, designate a target or get an area lock and kit the OSB next to MK and the spot is incrementally added to the markpoint list - it is only own position now if you do not have a designated target. It was in a recent changelog if memory serves.

DISCO

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-4E | F-5E | F-14B | F/A-18C | AV-8B NA | UH-1H | FC3 | Yak-52 | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA-342

i7 8700K | GTX 1070 Ti | 32GB 3000 DDR4

FAA Comm'l/Instrument, FAST Formation Wingman, Yak-52 Owner/Pilot

I thought this was recently added to Harrier, designate a target or get an area lock and kit the OSB next to MK and the spot is incrementally added to the markpoint list - it is only own position now if you do not have a designated target. It was in a recent changelog if memory serves.

DISCO

It was done for the F/A-18 but I don't think it was implemented in the Harrier

I just confirmed in the sim, previous OB (not the patch from a week or so ago) that MK does in fact set a point where the TPOD is aimed. The Markpoint can then be designated and you can return to it - as with regular waypoint designation you need to ensure the TPOD is in SLAVE mode - so you can scope out a target area, set down multiple Markpoints, and then use them for targeting, even handoff to JDAM's if your switchology is good.

DISCO

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-4E | F-5E | F-14B | F/A-18C | AV-8B NA | UH-1H | FC3 | Yak-52 | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA-342

Mark points work with TPOD, INS and DMT designated locations.

Just a hint, markpoints can be created also in A/G mode with MPCD button 19 on EHSD page even though the MK0...9 label is not displayed.

Don't get too much hopes for bombing multiple targets with JDAMS in one pass however.

After releasing the first bomb, switching to second mark point and holding the WP-increment, HUD is stuck in "No" mode and LAR is not displayed on the EHSD. Target coordinates don't seem to be passed to the second JDAM. At least it seems to be the case when the LARs overlap, or in other words for close targets.

What is however possible is to attack TOO targets without having the TGP.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

You might need to switch to next WP, then laser, and then cycle WP Increment 3 times (I think) and the LAR will show up, this is why I said you need to have good switchology - I am unsure if we will eventually be able to assign Markpoints to PP JDAM Missions to allow a simpler engagement, but at altitude it is just a matter of timing\practice. It is a bit much for toss-bombing though - JDAM Toss Bomb is now among my favorite means of attack, challenging but fun.

DISCO

Edited by AcroGimp

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just confirmed in the sim, previous OB (not the patch from a week or so ago) that MK does in fact set a point where the TPOD is aimed. The Markpoint can then be designated and you can return to it - as with regular waypoint designation you need to ensure the TPOD is in SLAVE mode - so you can scope out a target area, set down multiple Markpoints, and then use them for targeting, even handoff to JDAM's if your switchology is good.

DISCO

Thanks for the info. I stand corrected! Did this make it into the current STABLE release or is it just in the OB?

Edited by Recluse

• 2 weeks later...
Assuming this is a bug that hopefully will be fixed that OSB19 does not display MK# (Markpoint ) when in AG mode?

Fixed in recent update

Also with the changes to the auto release procedure and JDAMS, with use of mark points attacking multiple targets in singe pass become really easy.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all