[FIXED] AJS-37 C++ error CTD

VFA-122

Hi Aernov, your issue seems different. The usual cartridge files error looks like this:

2020-09-09 17:23:51.743 INFO VIGGEN: Walkman initialized. 9 songs found.

2020-09-09 17:23:51.743 INFO VIGGEN: FOLDERID_SavedGames: C:\Users\Tolovaj-Games\Saved Games

2020-09-09 17:23:51.743 INFO VIGGEN: DCS_AJS37 directory exists or was created.

2020-09-09 17:23:55.382 INFO VIGGEN: Found 48 .ini files in SavedGames/DCS_AJS37

2020-09-09 17:23:55.382 INFO VIGGEN: FOLDERID_SavedGames: C:\Users\Tolovaj-Games\Saved Games

2020-09-09 17:23:55.386 INFO VIGGEN: Custom cartridge file found! C:\Users\Tolovaj-Games\Saved Games\DCS_AJS37\Autogenerated 1.ini

2020-09-09 17:24:31.595 INFO EDCORE: signal caught: 'Abnormal termination'

Your log indicates DCS cannot even find / create the C:\Users\Aдмини�тратор\Saved Games\DCS_AJS37 :

2020-10-22 13:00:21.803 INFO VIGGEN: Walkman initialized. 9 songs found.

2020-10-22 13:00:21.803 INFO VIGGEN:

2020-10-22 13:00:27.696 INFO EDCORE: signal caught: 'Abnormal termination'

Can you please manually recreate the missing DCS_AJ37 folder, launch a Viggen instant action mission, and attach the resulting log?

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

I have no idea, but you can easily check this theory: create an Engilsh named folder "Saved Games" and a "DCS_AJS37" folder inside it. Tell us if this works.

This may help Heatblur understand what's happening on your PC.

It won't let me create folder named "Saved games" in my user folder, it says that there already is a folder with the same name and offers to merge newly created one with already existent (so, system does not care for folder name language, which was already confirmed by "%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\DCS_AJS37" search path working). I will continue messing with folders and reinstalling/repairing. Was something changed in module loading algorithms lately? Viggen worked fine on this exact machine this spring/early summer.

My DCS_AJS37 folder contains nothing at all, no .ini, no hidden files too. It was like that after all reinstall and repair attempts.

Edit: and I never went in multiplayer with the Viggen, I have attempted quickstart missions and self-created training one. No special characters in my name, and my DCS is in English.

The reason I was suggesting that it could be the same issue, is that it seems in both cases the path has non-english characters in them... Though in one case it's in the name of the file, and in the other it's in the translation of the "saved games" folder name.

In that example, special characters were not in the user profile or Saved games folder name, but in-game, in someone's username in multiplayer, and his name were used in custom F10 map markers on server. My folder name is being recognized by the system, all other games (and all other modules in DCS, even by the Viggen prior to the last few updates), and searching for "Saved games" directs me to correct folder too, even though it idisplays the name "Сохранённые игры" for me. Can this issue be caused by the fact that my DCS_AJS37 folder is empty? And after reinstalling it this folder was not created automatically, even after game launch attempt.

If not existing, the DCS_AJS37 folder should be created as you enter the Viggen cockpit:

2020-09-09 17:23:51.743 INFO VIGGEN: Walkman initialized. 9 songs found.

2020-09-09 17:23:51.743 INFO VIGGEN: FOLDERID_SavedGames: C:\Users\Tolovaj-Games\Saved Games

2020-09-09 17:23:51.743 INFO VIGGEN: DCS_AJS37 directory exists or was created.

I've just checked. It happens during the "Wait for pooled tasks - 1" loading step.

The empty folder doesn't do anything to the game, by the way. I can fly the Viggen with my folder empty. As I said earlier, we really need Heatblur's help on this.

Edited by Flappie

Actually, you're getting an error BECAUSE the game cannot find this folder, even when it exists. See what you get (red, below), compared to what we usually get (green, above):

2020-10-22 13:00:21.803 INFO VIGGEN: Walkman initialized. 9 songs found.

2020-10-22 13:00:21.803 INFO VIGGEN:

2020-10-22 13:00:27.696 INFO EDCORE: signal caught: 'Abnormal termination'

Well, this leaves two possible solutions: changing system language (which I do not want to do), or changing user (which will mess up a lot of things)... What bothers me is the fact that Viggen worked without an issue a few months ago, and there were no changes in user name, language settings and soft/hardware.

We're not even sure this is linked to the name of the user. If you're willing to test it:

1. Windows Setting> Accounts > Family and other users... > Add a new user on this PC
  2. "I don't have connection information... blahblah.."
  3. "Add a user without a Microsoft account"
  4. Follow the rest of the procedure to create the account (name, password, security questions)
  5. Log off
  6. Log in as the new user
  7. Launch DCS and see if you can fly the Viggen.

Excellent. I can see in your log all went well:

2020-10-26 09:29:43.374 INFO VIGGEN: Walkman initialized. 9 songs found.

2020-10-26 09:29:43.375 INFO VIGGEN: FOLDERID_SavedGames: C:\Users\Test user\Saved Games

2020-10-26 09:29:43.375 INFO VIGGEN: DCS_AJS37 directory exists or was created.

Thank you for the testing. We're now certain the bug is happening when Windows users have non-Latin characters in them.

@Heatlur, please fix this issue.

I have hopefully fixed the issue and will upload the patch to ED server in a little while. Unsure if it will make the next update of DCS World, otherwise it will be the one after that. Sorry about this.

• Like 1

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.