VR head position jumps

stuart4544

I have always found that my head position every so often jumps out of alignment, usually forwards or backwards, requiring me to reset the head position. I cant find anything on this with a search. Does any one else have this issue. Is it normal, is it solvable or am i the only one getting it?

I have a Rift with three sensors and use the touch sensors for cockpit switch control. I dont notice the jumps in other games.

Any info welcome

Do you have “game mode” selected in Windows by any chance? It can prioritise a game to the extent that VR doesn’t get enough cpu time and loses tracking.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

I found on my old rift that it was one of my sensors failing causing the jumping issues. And of coarse if you have 3 sensors you are twice as likely to have a problem. Try unplugging one of your sensors one at a time and playing DCS. Im 99% sure it will be our problem.