HDR/Bloom lighting mod

bramski

From the developers notes:

BugFixMode=(0..5) every value fixes it's own unsopported feature or bug in driver or hardware. For drivers 169.xx and 171.xx do not set this parameter to 1. Values from 0 to 5 actually HDR texture formats:

0 (R32G32F)-high quality and middle performance,

1 (R32F)-high quality and fast,

2 (A32R32G32B32F)-high quality and very slow,

3 (R16F)-low quality and fastest,

4 (R16G16F)-low quality and fast,

5 (A16R16G16B16F)-low quality and middle performance.

The default setting is 3 , I tried switching it on 0 and 1 , looks much better.

I think 3 is using 16 bit, just a guess though.

Yep, i have my BugFixMode set to 1 also, believe it does look better.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, but I'm a little in trouble ...

to use this HDR mod what I must download?

what changes I must do in the files and where?

thanks in advance. best regards

Antonio

It's easy, all you need to do is grab this file http://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=16129&d=1208290717 extract the contents to your lockon directory and it should automatically run everytime you launch the sim (you'll see something about ENBseries version etc in top left of screen)

for additional info, go back to the first page of this thread and read up ;)

I use it - don't see any FPS down and can surf internet, play Windows Saper, Solitare when flying long to targets xD

LOL :D I do same, but on my laptop computer, that runs additionally LOVP :thumbup: http://www.51st.org/vault/DSC00444.JPG

I prefer to use 100% of my screen for simulator. Having 2+ screens, or better 2+ separate networked computers, priceless :]

BLOOM is great, and you can always switch it off on the fly! using SHIFT+BACKSPACE. So this is one is great discovery for sure.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

• 2 weeks later...

Just tried to run this for the first time after reading about it over at Simhq, and am having some problems.

I'm currently running FC with triplehead2go across 3 20" monitors at a combined resolution of 3840x1024.

Having dropped the two files into my Lockon dir I boot the game, I see the text (top right) saying that the hdr mod is present, I then get the menu screen, if I then click on one of the quick flight options ( su33 ), I get the loading image then the middle and right monitors go off and the left monitor just has a totally distorted display with lots of zig zag lines across the display. Totally unreadable.

I then have to reboot the computer to get back to normal. If I then remove the two files, everything is back to normal.

Any ideas?

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

I found that using different resolutions in the graphics config for the main, interface and simulation parts messed it up for me, they all had to be set to the same resolution, but with 3840x1024, you might have a challenge on your hands!

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Very nice, but I don't think that's HDR, it's exactly the opposite, it's LDR, HDR has no over or under exposed areas, exactly because it has a High Dynamic Range and all lights levels are captured (in case of photography) or representable (in videogames). Here we see overexposed highlights that means that the range of light levels has been reduced and all lights over a specific luminosity appears as white or extremely white. btw very nice effect.

This is HDR http://www.robertomettifogo.com/immagini/paesaggi/paesaggi.htm

Better call it HDR or you might get dips*hit to :D

Thanks for the reply highwayman-ed, I guess I will just have to live without it, as I spent long enough getting the triple head to work as I wanted, I really want to get on and do some flying rather than this perpetual tinkering!:doh:

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

I love the mod, but it slashes my frame rate to half, from 30 to 15 fps on 1920x1200 and high settings. My trackir also stopped working and switched to hat switch. Too bad as it really improves the visuals.

Maybe dev could incorporate something like this in their next patch for LOMAC.

mt-2003-sun-corona.jpg

I had no time to read each and every post in this thread so this might be already mentioned!

I came to an idea of applying similar HDR/Bloom lighting effect to afterburner cones of fighter aircraft!

You might have noticed that afterburner sometimes looks very dense, especially during low light conditions such as night and on the other hand seem almost unnoticable during daylight. So perhaps we can create a similar effect with this mod!

Did anyone try this and what do U peeps think of my idea?!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I love the mod, but it slashes my frame rate to half, from 30 to 15 fps on 1920x1200 and high settings. My trackir also stopped working and switched to hat switch. Too bad as it really improves the visuals.

Maybe dev could incorporate something like this in their next patch for LOMAC.

It doesn't drop my FPS @ 1680x1050, at least I can't notice it even a bit. TrackIR works very well, there's no diffrence. I can switch this mod on and off at any moment without problems. I'm even running it all with FRAPS. So I'd like to know why it doesn't want to work properly for you? hmm..

tail# 44 or 444

I would also say that my C2D e6400 processor is to blame. Maybe it doesn't like multi-core :/

My PC is no slouch - C2D e6400, 2GB DDR2, Ati X1900XT and 24'' Dell. LOMAC flies smooth as butter on high settings and 4AF at 1920x1200. It never falls below 30fps. As soon as I start the mod, i get 15fps, even if I lower resolution.

What about running LOMAC on just single core? Someone knows an application for dedicating processes?

mt-2003-sun-corona.jpg

Perhaps if someone came up with a program that would utilize this as an autostart program. Of course your going to have conflicts in game with incompatibilities. The biggest reason why this isnt working is because its like a secondary application running in the game. Sweet and simple, if its not supposed to be there, dont put it there.

• 2 weeks later...

A little late to the party but better late than never.

First off let me thank Bramski for taking the time to share with everyone this mod. My own opinion is that I personally do not like the way that the bloom produces a glare that make things harder to see. What I do absolutely LOVE about this mod is what is does to the colour pallet in game. It subdues the colours and makes them less pastel like and really makes things look more life like.

So I tried to reduce the bloom/glare using the BloomPowerDay=07 parameter, however, when this parameter is lowered the amount of brightness in the sim is lowered and things get too dark. Is there a way to reduce or turn off the bloom/glare but still retain the lighting effect so that things are still bright, or are the two related and it's not possible?

Sorry if it's been touched on in this thread but I read through it all and did not pick up on an exact way to do this.

Thanks guys.

How much better can this be. I flew light A/C for a few years and have flown in a lot of Military A/C and what I am going to show you is as close as it gets to RL. This is with v1.02. No bloom mod just plain old control panel with a profile. This was just a few min. of tinkering, if I wanted to get really into it, I think you would be extremely pleased with the results. 22" at 1680x1050.

Edited by rattler

I finished several days of heavy testing and the results are different than I would expect. I have 2 8800GTX's in SLI and I see worse frames in SLI mode. You can only run SLI in split screen render mode and this is where the hit comes from. You can run alternate 1/2 and get better frames but the clouds are corrupted. I found that I can set 8xAA and 16xAF and not lose any FPS over no AA/AF with one video card rendering. I don't lose any FPS using the HDR mod when SLI is off. Only with SLI enabled to I see the FPS hit I posted about. The e6750 is overclocked to 3.2. The moral of this story is don't SLI if you're doing so only for Lock On/Flaming Cliffs. When you hear people speak about older applications not seeing any gains with SLI this is one of those apps.

I'm glad that you have found what was the cause of your FPS-drop with the BLOOM MOD.

• Like 1

tail# 44 or 444

Those are great shots. what are your settings? or could you upload them rattler?

Best Whises

Shaggy

Shaggy: These setting only work with Nvidia cards and some may give different results but the good thing is you can play with the settings to achieve the result. I have just done a quick setting adjustment to see what I would get and you see the result. further tweaking would no doubt improve the look even better. I believe you can set a profile for this or set a profile that appears on your desktop ready to go for any flight sim. Use your Nvidia ntune and select - adjust desktop color settings. My settings are : brightness= 55%, digital vibrance= 50%(this is the key setting to adjust, I think it is set to 0, so along with all the others also adjust this one, contrast=50%, image sharpening=none and gamma = 45%. You can tweak all these settings and probably come up with something better than what I did because I only took a few min. to try this out and seemed to work just fine. Best feature is it is not a mod but your own settings for color. These may not give you what I got because of different cards mine is an Asus EN9600GT TOP 512mb pcie. Just start with these and adjust as necessary and you WILL get realistic color settings for your sims. No FPS problems.Good Luck.

Edited by rattler

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...