Force Feedback Joysticks?

Can anyone recommended a good FF stick?

I have looked at the Saitek range, but the reviews on Amazon are less than complimentary.

The Sidewinder Pro 2 no longer seems to be available, and the CH Fighterstick no longer appears to have FF. I'd prefer a CH stick if I could get one, as I have had positive experiences with this make in the past.

Any ideas?

TIA

I don't know much on FF joysticks, I never had one, but if you plan using it with LOFC you must be aware there's a bug with FF.

If you enable FF in LOMAC/FC setup UI you'll lose ability to trim aircraft.

It doesn't really matter if flying F-15 (FLCS autotrim) but MiGs and Suhois require a constant trimming!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't know much on FF joysticks, I never had one, but if you plan using it with LOFC you must be aware there's a bug with FF.

If you enable FF in LOMAC/FC setup UI you'll lose ability to trim aircraft.

It doesn't really matter if flying F-15 (FLCS autotrim) but MiGs and Suhois require a constant trimming!

Not entirely true.

Whilst there may well be a bug I use my Microsoft Sidewinder FF 2 with no problems, and no problems with trim in any of the aircraft.

However, it is true that occasionaly when I start the game my stick will not always intialise properly, thus restarting and removing and reconnecting my stick and starting over again.

The MSFF2 is the best FF stick ever made, and likely to be ever made, well over engineered, a good well looked after version should last you years, so dont fear buying a second hand one.

I second that.

Having a Sidewinder FFB 2 here working flawless with trim. No need for reconnect here. The cool thing is that trimming moves the stick Center Position as in real aircraft.

S!

Brati

Exactly! It's the only game I've played that handles FF that way, like it should be.

I also have an FFB2 and it's been going for 5 yrs and is working very well, good quality. They can be bought off Ebay I think, I'm thinking I might buy another as backup...

Oh, how cute, ya all discussing the joysticks I've broken :D

The only real FF experience I have with FF sticks consists of 4 Logitech Wingman's (the flat square ones, that were sold like 4 years ago) that all have quit on me in like 1 year (worn out pots). The strange thing is that I only played like 2 times in a week :( Tried a MS FF2 and an old wingman (the big red one, with cables) and those, well, rocked.... really well ;)

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

When i switched over from M$ FFB2 to the X52 that was quite an adjustment in missing the shaking and rattling of the stick. When Saitek someday adds Forcefeedback to a future X52-alike product the fun of the real deal would be greatly enhanced in its virtuality.

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

Funny. I've been using MSFFB2 and X-52 for a long time, and whenever I tried to use the X-52 stick, I always went back to my trusted FFB2. It's such a shame these things aren't being made anymore, it's truly an awesome joystick.

Lock-On and FFB doesn't go along with me well though. I find the effects very exaggerated, it just doesn't feel right. It needs some more work.

With TrackIR and force feedback though, IL-2 is a blast. I'm loving it :)

• ED Team

You can tune your effects and real FEEDBACK separately.

FFB is very essential for Su-25 in LO and especially for BS in DCS because of trimmers realisation.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Funny. I've been using MSFFB2 and X-52 for a long time, and whenever I tried to use the X-52 stick, I always went back to my trusted FFB2. It's such a shame these things aren't being made anymore, it's truly an awesome joystick.

Lock-On and FFB doesn't go along with me well though. I find the effects very exaggerated, it just doesn't feel right. It needs some more work.

With TrackIR and force feedback though, IL-2 is a blast. I'm loving it :)

Do what I do then :D

X45 throttle with my MSFF2 as the flight stick :joystick::D

hey there, i'm a FF joystick user, i've been using my joystick for 2 years now. my joystick is a Logitech Force 3D Pro, i never used any other FF joystick before. but in almost every review site i went to, Logitech Force 3D Pro always get high score. people that reviewed this joystick usually has a past experience with other FF joysticks because they keep comparing it with other older(discontinued) product such as microsoft's FF and stuff.

for me the Force 3D Pro is good enough, it has a slight problem with the center dead zone, but that's nothing the packaged driver can't fix. the force that's outputed by this stick are not too strong nor is it to weak, it's just right. basically i have no negative reviews for my joystick, it's quite cheap, reliable, durable, and the force feedback are great(one of the best new FF joystick in the market today).:thumbup:

x52mod2.jpg

i wonder if someone else noticed this, the joystick that they're using at LLTM are a modified saitek X52 grip that's installed on a Logitech Force 3D Pro base! anybody know how i can modify my joystick this way? does anyone have a tutorial or schematics for this? thanks in advance :pilotfly:

i wonder if someone else noticed this, the joystick that they're using at LLTM are a modified saitek X52

grip that's installed on a Logitech Force 3D Pro base! anybody know how i can modify my joystick this way?

does anyone have a tutorial or schematics for this? thanks in advance :pilotfly:

You could ask the forum member urze. Or visit his website:

http://www.leftside-limited.com/index.html

He has made this modification.:)

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

FF joys

Hey there,

I've tried Logitech's Strike Force 3D a few times (You know the big plate under the stick) and that was cool: it almost felt like real steering force (in LOMAC and in MSFS2k4 Nemeth Bros' Mi-24P). That joy had really strong and precise force feedback effect. As I wanted to have an own one, Logitech had only Force 3D Pro. It was a baby joy, without the feeling of real (or ANY) force. Plus, I could not calibrate it properly after a few hours' use. Since that, I've had X52. Without FF:( but without problems:)

Bye!

За всю историю никто и никогда не сумел завоевать Афганистан. Hикто и никогда

Is there any way to reduce the default feedback force in Lockon? I found even the lowest feedback force is too intensive. IL2 uses a bunch of force feedback files to control the forces and we can control the forces by editing those files. Does Lockon have such files too?

Hi Feuerfalke, i am from Freiburg Germany too, Nice to see a sim nut from the south west of Germany here ;-)

S~

Brati

Cool :beer:

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

You wont regret it :D:thumbup:

The only thing which really annoys me is the lack of software support in XP, under Win98 you could adjust mapping, force strength and a bunch of other things, all things sadly missing under XP, thankfully MOST games come with FF strength sliders, although Lomac does not the FF is pretty much perfectly weighted I think.