[CANNOT REPRODUCE] TMS fwd not working in game (TM warthog hot as)

coolts

Anyone else seen this? Works in dcs controller page but does bugger all in game. I can’t hook on tad, or point track or create spi in tgp. Very odd.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

Anyone else seen this? Works in dcs controller page but does bugger all in game. I can’t hook on tad, or point track or create spi in tgp. Very odd.

Make sure you aren’t in the “game” key binds section. There have been numerous issues with this lately.

As the others have stated - works as it should for me.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

@coolts: If you own the Garmin NS430 then that could be the cause of your issue. The NS430 should be disabled for the A-10C II (as it is for the version I), but currently it isn't. That's a reported bug. Now if you have bound TMS Fwd to a command for the NS430 then it will not do anything for the Hog II. You can bind it in Options/Controls, but it will not do anything in the game. I haven't tried this myself, but you might see the same issue in other modules where the NS430 is enabled (in Options/Specials/NS430).

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Can confirm I am in A-10C II real settings

"HOTAS TMS Forward" highlighted in red.

Cleared and re-added. Made no difference.

Tried key combos and they work fine. I can Point track and set SPI using keys

Checked stick TMS DX functions in control panel --> game controllers and working fine.

DCS lets me remap TMS FWD in settings but does not work in game.

(checked flying A-10c II in mission editor).

Will verify other modules tonight.

17878014_hotassomethingoddwithTMSUP.thumb.JPG.4ef7b8d086bba899c17140a39887c60d.JPG

Edited by coolts

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

"HOTAS TMS Forward" highlighted in red.

Will verify other modules tonight.

This line highlighted in red indicates to me that there is an issue in the file "Joystick - HOTAS Warthog.lua". Have you edited this file?

Either way, I would suggest you run a Repair!

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Nope. Never heard of it. Might delete it and run repair? Is that a dcsupdater.exe switch?

File might have borked during install.

Edited by coolts

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's either a problem with the baseline .lua that defines the control in the game directory or the user .diff.lua which is the difference file that is the user preference differences from default.

I would try first to find the .diff.lua file that corresponds to the problematic controller in \Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input\A-10C II\joystick\ and temporarily move it (e.g. to desktop). If that file was the issue then the next run of the program will have no red highlight and all bindings for that controller will be default again.

Then you can bind that controller again as new or if you're brave try to find the offending line in the .diff.lua that you moved, erase it, and put it back.

Cheers man. Tried all that but no joy. Uninstalled the lot.

Cleaned registry of all DCS fluff so will reinstall once desire to buy a console has subsided :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fixed with clean install. I'm sure it was just a rogue .lua file but I'd not done a clean install in years and it was due. Now back to re--re learning the hog :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]