The DCS Float Plane Mod

Hawkeye60

As you know, In DCS, you may not spawn aircraft upon the water, or land/take off.

Or can you..........:D

Presenting,

The DCS Float Plane Mod!

Included,

A Sea Plane tender.

It is invisible. Can be placed anywhere there is water.

Next to a carrier works well.

And, The Latécoère 290 Float Plane!

The Latécoère 290 was a torpedo bomber floatplane produced in France during the 1930s. Designed by Latécoère in response to an Aéronavale specification for such an aircraft, the 290 was based on its successful Laté 28.3 mail plane. It was a conventional high-wing, strut-braced monoplane that carried a single torpedo externally under the fuselage.

Also, I have created two custom weapons for it.

A New bomb, and a New torpedo.

Both are mountable in the ME.

The Torpedo currently can not be deployed.

I have not figured out how to do this yet.

I have copied the Weapon code correctly, but it will not drop.

A WIP

If anyone can help with the torpedo deployment, Please do share!

The model comes courtesy of, and with permission from,

Author : BARANGER Emmanuel (helijah)

BARANGER Emmanuel

http://helijah.free.fr

http://embaranger.free.fr

I thank him!

All other work is my own.

There are more aircraft to come.......

Stay tuned.......

And, Have FUN!

Respectfully,

Hawkeye60

Up-date 11/10/2020

This is a new tender.

It has flares at the four corners on the carrier deck to make seeing it at night time possible.

It also has 4 smoke markers also placed at the four corners for day time use.

I have given it a new name so both it, and the invisible tender may be used at the same time in the same mission.

The invisible version is good for placing is bays and harbors to add float plane ambiance or traffic,

as xvii-Dietrich has pointed out.

Have fun!

tender-smoke.thumb.jpg.64eaccf5908e6d494775b3c9a90239e2.jpg

tender-flares2.thumb.jpg.1ab968210dd18dde5db4247a38d039a6.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g7vj8ihm8q...0V1.0.rar?dl=0

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Up-date 11/9/2020

First add on now available for download.

Five aircraft.

Four from Emmanuel,

They are,

The Saunders-Roe Princess

princess.thumb.jpg.8aabcc0b8cad63414d0545fba0741b2b.jpg

Savoia-Marchetti S-55 sm55.thumb.jpg.b07c3ffabf7afc580b5d5209c61fd653.jpg

Aichi M6A Seiran

anchi.thumb.jpg.0d5163141b6c238529a5656b9ddae94a.jpg

Waco Classic

wako2.thumb.jpg.643ca8963219651015843cc3eda263e2.jpg

And finally for this set,

The Curtiss SOC Seagull

curtis.thumb.jpg.58da9dbd54d42b4d44d422f035c19e96.jpg

All ai only.

The M6A has a loadable torpedo. Not been able to get it to deploy......Yet........

Enjoy, and....

Have FUN!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rbcpcvi3na...20One.rar?dl=0

Lat-co-re-290.jpg

Lat-co-re-290-Float.jpg

Lat-co-re-290-bomb.jpg

tender.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/grvrmvgwr9...0V1.0.zip?dl=0

11/15/2020

Welcome to The Float Plane mod, set two.

Inside there is.

Beriev Be-6

With custom torpedo's and mines

A Sketch fab model, free to use

Beriev Be-10 Izdelye M

With custom torpedo's and mines

A 3d Warehouse model

Blohm & Voss BV 138

Bomber

A CadNav model

Republic RC-3 Seabee

Un-armed

A Sketch-up model

And,

Vought OS2U Kingfisher

With custom mines

A Sketch Fab model, Same as above.

Please note, the torpedo's and mines are currently bombs.

Until the solution, and/or code is found to make them perform realisticly.

A comprimise So they will do damage.

All Initicial release versions.

"There are more planes in the ocean than submarines in the sky." :D

Please note, The torpedo's and Mines are designated as bombs in the version.

Until we figure out/find the code/solution.

They will be up-dated to take advantage of any new tech available, in sim!

Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lh4p8i40n41rzi9/Float%20Planes%20set%20Two.rar?dl=0

be6.thumb.jpg.f5d5c124c08a2a9c43a6845748908eb6.jpg

mines3.thumb.jpg.a1de342b497b5d5ecdbd193a71b889c5.jpg

be10.jpg.396f7a9ffe2e6279b6ee6b5374a3dad0.jpg

be10.jpg.7a82e0240432e2474824c46d83f54a85.jpg

mines.jpg.55be462bc310422f297a37c06486370d.jpg

mines2.jpg.e75a36ae8606a0e57ddea95f7fac76ed.jpg

mines.jpg.399af086979f279cbf2eafe6e04b32ef.jpg

• Like 4

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Thanks a lot for sharing it here, I liked the aircraft reflection on the water. I will give it a try and see how it can be used on a mission Along with I-16 in Spanish colors :thumbup:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Cool! Thank you buddy!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

• 3 weeks later...

@Hawkeye60 Brilliant mod! Very clever use of the "seaplane tender" mechanism/concept. And the Latécoère 290 is a gem of an aeroplane. I fiddled around with the mod over the weekend and had a lot of fun (see screenshots). Would absolutely love to get any seaplane flyable in DCS... even if it does require landing next to the tender. So I really hope you make some progress with it!!

From my interpretation of the mechanism, the tender is an invisible carrier deck at sea level? But I couldn't work out the size. So, I'm not certain if the area is huge (as big as the circles that appear on the Mission Editor) and the "centre" is just for the spawn point?

I think the only AI aircraft with torpedo drop capability is the Ju 88 A4. I had a look at the files to see if I could see anything that might indicate how to do the torpedo drops, but there wasn't anything obvious to me.

20201108190736_1.thumb.jpg.22226febe6e725ba03b14be79f719691.jpg

20201108190755_1.thumb.jpg.9b094f652de4f87d71ffcc99ac0984ec.jpg

20201108190739_1.thumb.jpg.030c438010172294e29063c4d0bb4c0a.jpg

• Like 1

First post up-dated!

From my interpretation of the mechanism, the tender is an invisible carrier deck at sea level? But I couldn't work out the size. So, I'm not certain if the area is huge (as big as the circles that appear on the Mission Editor) and the "centre" is just for the spawn point?

The carrier is just a deck, as you rightly figured!

It is placed at sea level.

Being a carrier, it has spawn points, and parking spots. so more than one aircraft can be spawned at a time.

I did add some buoy's around the perimeter But they are difficult to see. Especially in high waves!

I will try to add some lights or smoke to the carrier so locating it will be easier.

Glad you enjoy it! BTW.

I neat idea, shamelessly stolen form that "Other " flight sim and put to use here!

May be more to come....

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

First post up-dated!

The carrier is just a deck, as you rightly figured!

It is placed at sea level.

Being a carrier, it has spawn points, and parking spots. so more than one aircraft can be spawned at a time.

I did add some buoy's around the perimeter But they are difficult to see. Especially in high waves!

I will try to add some lights or smoke to the carrier so locating it will be easier.

Glad you enjoy it! BTW.

I neat idea, shamelessly stolen form that "Other " flight sim and put to use here!

May be more to come....

Yes ol' buddy! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Probably no need to make it part of the main landing area. That could be completely invisible. But then, separate additional assets could be used for things like buoys, smoke, etc.. That way it doesn't always have to look like a tender... it could be a inlet or cove or something (I'm thinking ahead to the Marianas and Japanese seaplanes hidden in secluded bays, etc.).

First post up-dated!

First Post up-dated!

If you can make a Shinmeiwa US-2 I'll marry you.

If you send me a 3d model and textures, I might accept you proposal! :D

Please note, I do not fool around on the first date....:megalol:

Можете сделать советский Бе-12 и американский P-5? Это прекрасно дополнило бы линейку морской авиации.

см. первый пост обновленный!

Too bad you couldn't stick the seaplane tender to the bottom of the model so you could land on any water anywhere.

Unfortunately, There is no way to combine a ship and aircraft together in sim.....

Talk about Franken mods.....:lol:

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Did you ever get that torpedo working?  Torp bombers would be so cool!

• Like 1

Website (DCS Content): https://sites.google.com/view/spinossimulationsite/home?authuser=0

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@SpinosSimulations

System Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX 3060, 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM

DCS Wishlist: F-8E/J Crusader, Kola Peninsula Map, F-14B(U), F-14D/ST-21 Super Tomcat

Not yet.

But I did get them to work on PT Boats!

• 11 months later...

how or where do I install this?  Is the mod still working?  

It appears it still works!

Saved games location.

Screen-220206-154230.jpg

Screen-220206-154233.jpg

Even leaves a wake!😆

Screen-220206-154252.jpg

• Thanks 1