AH-1W

Jester986

Not whiskey though

Haven't they danced around that what version it will be, mostly because so many variants are under same variant designation?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

ED has said they plan a G Cobra and its back burnered. We know they'll make the much more modern (profitable) Apache first and they're only calling that "some day". And we have the mystery module to be announced still. I'd say ED's Cobra is far enough out to be beyond useful speculation. And even still I'd say there's room for both. I'm sure Polychop already has a few ideas for their next helicopter. We can make some educated guesses about what those might be and if the Whiskey Cobra is one of them, hopefully this makes it more possible.

• 1 month later...

Yea I'd agree, probably 2 years earliest for an Early Access, if they do that. Probably more like 3 years to complete an Apache from now. Remember, they still have to finish the Hind, which might finish/release in Q1 of 2021. Maybe then they can focus on Apaches.

Originally we all thought it'd be a A Apache, laser only. But then Wags pointed out during a video, a radar equiped Longbow during one of the Syria map video previews... which caused myself and others to speculate they may be trying to do an AH-64D Longbow. But that's probably reading too much into the hint given!

But regardless, I think it's safe to say that we won't be flying Apaches in DCS in 2021, though I'd love to be wrong about that!

But soon we'll have Kiowas and Hinds, that should be awesome while we wait for flying Apaches or Longbows!