[FIXED] BRM Rockets missing targets

El Phantasmo

Since the latest update with BRM I've noticed that the rockets are inconsistent and fail to connect with the targets. Before I use to be able take out most tanks with 1 or 2 rockets, Now I am lucky if they will make contact with them. Either they are clipping through the targets themselves or their accuracy is wildly fluctuating.

Thanks

Screen_201014_211211.thumb.png.908abcad46b118d255a12a4be5808280.png

Edited by uboats

• 3 months later...

I encountered the same problem during a mission yesterday. Shooting at tanks (T-72B3 in that case) resulted in an imapct crater from the missile next to the tank and the target being undamaged.

Did a short test with 3 tanks in a row, orientated that i would shoot at them from front, side and rear. Only the one that showed me its side could be hit reliably. (Track attached)

When i did that same test with BMP-2 as target, i found that the BRM would still narrowly miss the targets facing towards or away from me, but the splash damage was enough to destoy the lightly armored vehicles.

Hope you guys at Deka can look into this.

BRM test.trk

• uboats changed the title to [WIP] BRM Rockets missing targets

I think I roughly got the where the issue is.

Could you use FAST alignment, and not turn on GPS, and try again?

And see whether the impact position is far more biased to the target?

Thanks!

Edited by uboats

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

16 hours ago, uboats said:

I think I roughly got the where the issue is.

Could you use FAST alignment, and not turn on GPS, and try again?

And see whether the impact position is far more biased to the target?

Thanks!

I did the test you asked for, but without any difference, even after flying for 15 minutes before engaging the target.

But i found that all rockets seemed to land on the right side of the target, missing by maybe half a meter.

I was using a loadout with the rocket pod on the right wing and the TGP on the left wing pylon.
When switching the rockets to the left side and the TGP to the right, the rockets would miss on the left of the target.

Finally, with the TGP mounted on the centerline pylon, i'm getting accurate hits, again being able to damage T-72, except for when facing their front. But I assume, thats because their armor is too thick from that direction.

With that being said, I assume the rockets should hit where the TGP is pointing at, no matter what station it is mounted on, correct?

Edited by ButterCookie

• uboats changed the title to [CHK] BRM Rockets missing targets

Just checked and its still happening for me in the current open beta.

what i do to reproduce:

-pick a loadout with the targeting pod on one of the wing stations.

-attack a MBT from the front or rear. Lock it up in point track

-starting at about 10.000 feet, launch at 4,5 miles, about 20 degree dive angle

The rocket will impact to the side of the target. See screenshot

Edit: just tested with GBU-12 and they are off to the side as well, when TGP is mounted on the wing station. But will still kill the tank, because of the bigger ordnance.

Screen_210128_145310.jpg

Screen_210128_144834.jpg

Edited by ButterCookie

• uboats changed the title to [WIP] BRM Rockets missing targets
15 hours ago, J20Stronk said:

Hearing reports of people seeing this on the Harrier with APKWS and Bombs as well.

It could be something messed up on the guidace or lasing API.

Thats interesting. Can you get me a link to these reports? Would like to compare if its the same issue. Didnt find anything in the harrier bug forums.

I only did one test with the harrier with the APKWS and that one hit.

Edited by ButterCookie

• uboats changed the title to [FIXED] BRM Rockets missing targets