Russian fighter over Georgia?

Kusch

is it possible that professionals like georgia military man know less than we(lomac fans) do at recognizing aircrafts or was there a motive to say this was a Mig-29? ..

I read an article that says that the abhazians have got a couple of Su-27s whith which they've shot down both drones. I don't know if this source is reliable, but if this information is true, than it makes everything clear.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, i convinced myself it might be a FLANKER ;)

Then again it might not. At least I disagree with AlexHunter that the footage is particulary clear about the pylon position from which the missile is launched.

Below is a small merged image in which I captured the aircraft seconds before launch and at the moment of launch. I alligned the two individual images very carefully above each other in order to see the wing before and during launch.

launch.jpg

If you look at the wing before launch, you can see that the left wing apears "cut off", while the right wing is almost blurred out completely - i.e. you cannot make out the most narrow part of the extreme wingtip.

In my opinion it could well be a MiG-29 launching an R-73 from its outer wing station.

JJ

I don't see why Georgia would fake the radar trace - Russia operated Su-27's from there before. One was even shot down by an SA-2.

This is just one of possible pretendents.

All we known about this is the Su-27 was shoot down and pilot was killed by unknowns after ejecting and landing near plane crash place. No shooter side (abkhazian, georgian) and no used weapon known sure. I don't think that was SA-2, more look like MANPAD or 23mm AAA.

If you look at the wing before launch, you can see that the left wing apears "cut off", while the right wing is almost blurred out completely - i.e. you cannot make out the most narrow part of the extreme wingtip.

In my opinion it could well be a MiG-29 launching an R-73 from its outer wing station.

Or it could be a Su-27 launching from #2 pylon (lol)...I have no opinion in this matter though, to me, it could be either one of them :music_whistling: :)

2075291193_EDSig.png.650cd56f2b9a043311112721c4215a47.png

64th Aggressor Squadron
Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron
TS: 135.181.115.54

Or it could be a Su-27 launching from #2 pylon (lol)...I have no opinion in this matter though, to me, it could be either one of them :music_whistling: :)

Yes but I was commenting on this argument:

You will look attentively what pilona a rocket starts from! Looking repeatedly vidio, see that a rocket goes down from an edge covered, pilonov on verge of (butt end) wing at MIG-29 was not present, only at SU-27

I.e. that the footage shows the missile being launched from the extreme wingtip and that this would mean that it has to be an Su-27 since the MiG-29 doesn't have wingtip stations.

JJ

I disagree :) .

I guess we could try doing a screenshot of a MiG-29 launching an R-73 in Lock-on and then scale it down to see if that makes us any wiser.

not taking into account -29M, -29K or -35

No that would be a little silly :D

JJ

I suggest looking at the bit of planform you get when the aircraft just comes into the picture, matching the angle in payload editor in LOMAC, and zooming out. I'm pretty sure you'll get a good match.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Hm,

somebody said that it was around 1.5km.

How is it possible that reconnaissance camera video is that bad?

1. camera was stabilised

2. zoom was between 3 and 4 times (according to left slider)

3. silhouette of airplane is about 4 meter

But there is still very much "noise", resolution was poor!

Georgian Army must ask for money back for that garbage of drone, somebody decieve them for that equipement!

Better to take Blйriot XII with human operator on board for reconnaissance activities, it would bring out much clear images!

What type/manufacturer is this UAV?

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Maybe becuase all the video you're seeing is not the original, un-compressed footage?

Hm,

somebody said that it was around 1.5km.

How is it possible that reconnaissance camera video is that bad?

1. camera was stabilised

2. zoom was between 3 and 4 times (according to left slider)

3. silhouette of airplane is about 4 meter

But there is still very much "noise", resolution was poor!

Georgian Army must ask for money back for that garbage of drone, somebody decieve them for that equipement!

Better to take Blйriot XII with human operator on board for reconnaissance activities, it would bring out much clear images!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• ED Team

Gentlemen, try to measure the ratio between fins clearance and wingspan of UFO plane.

Fnd then compare it to the known planes...

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Like I said here:

This new find by Kusch compromised the MiG-29 theory because it seems the plane in video had parallel vertical fins (just like Flanker has). This might be deceiving because verticals were pretty highlighted in the video so we're unable to clearly say are they really parallel or they just seem taht way. MiG has slightly offset verticals but apart from verticals general shape of the fuselage and engine nacelles of the plane in the video describes Fulcrum. Su-27 has longer LERX and engine nacelles are further back under the fuselage and more spread.

All my writing here is just a guess (my opinion and perception), because there's a lot of factors that might change general appearance of that plane. Camera aspect ratio affecting the shape of the plane, lighting affecting appearance of vertical fins etc.

Video seems pretty narrow in horizontal aspect something like a 3:3 so the plane in question also seems like it has a small wingspan but is pretty high!

But in this pic LERX look like it's a Flanker (check parralel fins):

20080422100805ENLUS0132192212088588.jpg

There was a narrator in one of the videos on this incident talking of MiG-29 Fulcrum and footage showed Russian Knights pass (Su-27).

Perhaps Georgians can't tell difference.

Now I'm convinced we're talking Flanker here!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]