Russian fighter over Georgia?

Kusch

Of course we are talking about a flanker. There's a tail-boom in the picture you have quoted. Observe the fact that the lower vertical stab is obscuring one nacelle, and the boom is sticking out right along it. A Mig-29 would have a very long, straight space between the tails.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this the first official kill by Su-27?!

No, it saw combat in Ethiopia VS Eritrea war. It scored at least 3 Mig-29's with no losses.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

there was no "half kill". The P-3 made it safely to base, with a damaged prop and punctured skin. The Orion is very durable and a tough plane to bring down. Anyone remenber the US-china P-3 incident?

That P-3 split a chinese J-8 fighter in half, without nose and 2 of its engines it still could fly to the closest airbase...it was chinese so the plane was deactivated by the crew before it was captured.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

there was no "half kill". The P-3 made it safely to base, with a damaged prop and punctured skin. The Orion is very durable and a tough plane to bring down. Anyone remenber the US-china P-3 incident?

That P-3 split a chinese J-8 fighter in half, without nose and 2 of its engines it still could fly to the closest airbase...it was chinese so the plane was deactivated by the crew before it was captured.

Now wait a minute, aren't we talking norwegian Orion that collided with Su-27 (Red 36) piloted by V.Cymbal on September 13th, 1989?!

Both planes were lost IIRC!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Neither was lost, both sufferered damage.

Now wait a minute, aren't we talking norwegian Orion that collided with Su-27 (Red 36) piloted by V.Cymbal on September 13th, 1989?!

Both planes were lost IIRC!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Thanks Groove. It make sense, because Elbit worked with Tbilisi Aerospace Center on Su-25KM - Scorpion project.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Thanks Saint, I didn't realize it was a disputed incident!

This is just one of possible pretendents.

All we known about this is the Su-27 was shoot down and pilot was killed by unknowns after ejecting and landing near plane crash place. No shooter side (abkhazian, georgian) and no used weapon known sure. I don't think that was SA-2, more look like MANPAD or 23mm AAA.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No, it saw combat in Ethiopia VS Eritrea war. It scored at least 3 Mig-29's with no losses.

Very very doubtfull information. I don't believe that. No confirmed air-to-air victories during Ethiopia VS Eritrea war. No confirmed MiG-29 losses. More, according the information from the informed peoples there was no MiG-29 losses and only one MiG-29 was damaged by S-125 missile.

I don't think that russian and ukrainian pilots wants to shoot to each other.

• Like 1

What’s more, the air-to-air missile left the white trace that is common to the ground-to-air missiles, which aren’t used for such targets.

-http://www.kommersant.com/p-12426/Video_drone_forgery/

Is that true? Most of the videos on youtube show AAMs leaving some kind of contrail.

No, it isn't really true in the sense that one contrail can look like another, and saying 'it looked like a SAM' means little.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IMO Video-drone-forgery explanation is BS!

No way you can recognize a missile by the type of contrail! If that was possible this would probably be SA-2.

MiG-29 has smokey engines so Russian missiles can be pretty same in that matter! But again I can't say for sure as I never saw a Russian IR misslie coming at me IRL!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]