[FIXED] Antenna elevation deadzone of +/- 3 degree

afof

I'm using axis to control the ant elev, cannot set the elevation to 1 or 2 degrees. when moving the antenna it jumps to 3 degree high or low.

This is working fine when using keybinds, only happens with axis.

Track attached

Thanks.

JF17_ANT.thumb.png.d3be79a33eca2de2ff89b08b3b967853.png

JF17_ANT_EL.trk

Edited by uboats

I think this has always existed?

Has the vertical scan reduced such that it is no longer +/- 3 degrees wide, so it is more noticeable?

Try setting a zero deadzone if you have it assigned to an axis.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

I'm using axis to control the ant elev, cannot set the elevation to 1 or 2 degrees. when moving the antenna it jumps to 3 degree high or low.

This is working fine when using keybinds, only happens with axis.

Track attached

Thanks.

Do you use stick or slide for T6 axis?

also it's bi-direction, uncheck the slider box, and retry

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Do you use stick or slide for T6 axis?

also it's bi-direction, uncheck the slider box, and retry

Thanks for reply.

to make sure its not hardware issue on my end i have tried using all analog axis i have. this includes,

wheel axis and Z axis on Thrustmaster TWCS

wheel axis and X and Y axis on CH PRODUCTS stick and throttle

I have also tried changing axis setting which includes,

slider checkbox

enabling and disabling deadzone.

I also tried repairing DCS and reinstalling the JF module

Thanks.

i tried my CH Pro Throttle mini-stick, and the ant can stay at any pos between -3 ~ +3 degree.

and cannot reproduce the issue you guys reported.

could you record any video showing the issue (also how you bind your axis)?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

https://streamable.com/1e3mub

https://streamable.com/1e3mub

Here's a video showing the problem.

I normally use the wheel axis on Thrustmaster TWCS.

In the video i try to bind the the ministick on the same device(JOY_Y),

as well as the stick Y axis on CH fighter stick.

i did as mentioned tried on every other axis i have off the video.

playing with axis as demonstrated has no effect, the -+ 3 degree deadzone is always there.

i also tried to show it is not an hardware problem as all axis pass smoothly through the center position.

if any other information is needed let me know and ill do my best to provide.

Thanks.

could you record any video showing the issue (also how you bind your axis)?

Yes sir, video, track file and screenshot of settings.

I have checked and there is no deadzone from anywhere else, in the controls panel I can make very fine inputs around the middle.

In the video, when there is a delay from 3 to 0 to -3 and back, I am continually moving the wheel in this time.

https://i.imgur.com/lEZS4eN.mp4

T6_axis_assign.thumb.JPG.229394ba3488c8f3448b5445193cd570.JPG

CHK_JF17_elevation.trk

VC

=X51= Squadron is recruiting!

X51 website: https://x51squadron.com/

Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/d9JtFY4

• 2 weeks later...

After the yesterdays patch I got an issue.

Even I also had the issue of the "digital detent" in the antenna axis, like it was described not happening with key bindings, now instead of reduce the deadzone like is described in the changelog, the whole behavior of the antenna elevation has changed, in my case, I use a wheel axis with no mechanical detent, if I do not center manually the axis, the antenna will keep going up or down, it's working like the axis in the Hornet module, before the last patch it was working like the axis in the Viper module but with this "deadzone / digital detent" or whatever.

Could be healthy have the chance to set up all this stuff, due not all the users have certain hardware, some people have HOTAS with some or other configurations of axis, wheels, hats, sliders, etc.

I have no idea how's in the real plane, if the antena elevation is changed by a wheel with a mechanical detent to center it, or if it has an spring, or if is a kind of slider, but users sadly cant have we all the same hardware.

The point is, in my case, it is really annoying have to "guess" where is the center of my wheel axis for aviod the antenna keeps going up or down, and doing it in a middle of a fight is not good at all, funny dissapears, right now I have no choice to use two buttons in my HOTAS to lower or rise the antenna, so I have two buttons less and an axis with no use, really a shame.

Kind regards.

After the yesterdays patch I got an issue.

Even I also had the issue of the "digital detent" in the antenna axis, like it was described not happening with key bindings, now instead of reduce the deadzone like is described in the changelog, the whole behavior of the antenna elevation has changed, in my case, I use a wheel axis with no mechanical detent, if I do not center manually the axis, the antenna will keep going up or down, it's working like the axis in the Hornet module, before the last patch it was working like the axis in the Viper module but with this "deadzone / digital detent" or whatever.

Could be healthy have the chance to set up all this stuff, due not all the users have certain hardware, some people have HOTAS with some or other configurations of axis, wheels, hats, sliders, etc.

I have no idea how's in the real plane, if the antena elevation is changed by a wheel with a mechanical detent to center it, or if it has an spring, or if is a kind of slider, but users sadly cant have we all the same hardware.

The point is, in my case, it is really annoying have to "guess" where is the center of my wheel axis for aviod the antenna keeps going up or down, and doing it in a middle of a fight is not good at all, funny dissapears, right now I have no choice to use two buttons in my HOTAS to lower or rise the antenna, so I have two buttons less and an axis with no use, really a shame.

Kind regards.

+1 for me also, it’s really hard to get dead centre so the antenna stops moving. I would prefer the old way.

Please check the binding, there are two types of axis binding for T6 antenna.

{action = axis_cmd.HOTAS_Throttle_T6_Abs , name = _(cmd_names.HOTAS_Throttle_T6)},

{action = axis_cmd.HOTAS_Throttle_T6_Abs_Slide, name = _(cmd_names.HOTAS_Throttle_T6_Slide)},

• One is for mini-stick like axis, that after release the axis, it will be recentered.
    • For this one, the input determines the move speed (like TDC)

[*]The other is for slide like axis, it will remain the last position (like wheel?)

• For this one, the input determines the final position

You may need to change your binding to proper one

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For those who have the issue above you need to map the ant axis to T6 slide.

uboats, thanks for the fix, i dont want to come out as ungrateful but there is still a small deadzone around the 0 elevation. meaning the antenna cannot be set to 0 degrees.

if you can give it another small adjustment that would be awesome t6.thumb.png.ceba1dfb6c0fface982ee7fbd605c4d3.png

Facepalm... did not see that. Good to have both implementations, thank you!

But yes, as afof said, it is now impossible to set the axis back to exactly 0 degrees after moving it. It jumps between +1 and -1 degrees. Not a huge issue, but just FYI. Also, you can reset it to exactly zero by clicking the master mode switch.

VC

=X51= Squadron is recruiting!

X51 website: https://x51squadron.com/

Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/d9JtFY4

Many thanks for the quick response, clearly I didn't noticed the new keybindings.

Anyways, in the "T6_Axis: Antenna Elevation (Slide)" still have the issue of the "forced dead zone / detent / simulated mechanical detent / etc", it is possible to have the chance to set it up, and remove it at all?

Regards.