New DCS forum

coldViPer

Oh my! What happened to the forum! I really struggle to adjust: I do not clearly see what is new, I find it difficult to read and generally absolutely unattractive. I liked the previous forum very much. I'll adjust over time of course, but damn, what a strange experience!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I really hate the new forum... I know people worked hard on it and are probably proud of it but why fix something that wasn't broken? I don't see any benefits and its much less user friendly. I'd encourage ED to track if interaction on the forums goes down with the change...

Any chance of adding the option of going to the last page rather than typing its number? Any I don't mean by entering the thread first to then find that option but rather on the "outside" next to the thread's name:

"Go to the last post" or "Go to the last page".

Pretty much similar to what we had before.

Cheers!

EDIT:

Done! Thanks, ED :thumbup:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Not a fan of the new forum. Please bring back the old trusty one!

This ^

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

Any chance of adding the option of going to the last page rather than typing its number? Any I don't mean by entering the thread first to then find that option but rather on the "outside" next to the thread's name:

"Go to the last post" or "Go to the last page".

Pretty much similar to what we had before.

Cheers!

EDIT:

Done! Thanks, ED :thumbup:

"Go to the last last comment" is already there. If you look all the way to the right, you'll see the small blue >> icon. That's the "go to last message"

I'm still waiting to see if we can get our old control panel back. Where all the subscribed forums show up.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

While still I think it's less friendly and useful than before, I've managed to dampen a bit the readability problems by changing random stuff in the "My profile" and "User Settings" options, specially changing colours here and there (don't ask me what or why, I just did really random). Also the font size can be changed, and things like that.

Probably the thing is I shouldn't be having to do that in order to be able to read the forum and notice a bit the newly posted messages, but it's less painful now despite the missing "mark forum read" options and so. Take a look at those options.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

"Go to the last last comment" is already there. If you look all the way to the right, you'll see the small blue >> icon. That's the "go to last message"

I'm still waiting to see if we can get our old control panel back. Where all the subscribed forums show up.

Oh, cheers! Didn't notice that. Very small to see.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Have I missed something? I still can't see the page numbers there...

Not numbers but check out the right side where the player's name and profile picture of the last post on a thread are shown. You will see two green arrows. click on that symbol and it will direct you to the last page. Next to the thread's name another symbol of two arrows. Click on that one and it will direct you to the first newest post you missed.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Kinda works, but usually the last post thing doesn't even remotely scroll down to the last post and the other's got the same problem missing its target constantly. That happens when you use scripts instead of anchor links... so basically I either click the last post one and scroll up or click on page one and then the last one, both cases are two steps. The numbers were much more direct.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Switch it back already please. This is hell. Dont using it since the change. Just waiting for switching it back. This cant be serious. I dont remember when I heard that someone enjoy complete retheme. People are tired of learning same thing from start all over just for design change.

Ryzen 7 2700X | MSI Trio 1080Ti | MSI X470 Plus Motherboard | 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator 2933 DDR4 | M.2 XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro SSD | Virpil Mongoost-50 throttle | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | MFG Crosswind | Rift S

Yea it takes like 30 seconds to get to the notifications page :megalol:

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

It sucks. When entering a thread, I cant' go directly to the last page of the thread and have to start at the first.

Navigation is clunky too.

Nope, there's a small button to the right of the last poster's name for that.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice