New forum VS Tapatalk

Holton181

So the forum has been updated...

(FYI, I am among the "don't fix what isn't broken" guys)

I basically exclusively use Tapatalk to manage my forum presence. Guess what, it doesn't seem to work anymore.

Is there any plans for this functionality to come back?

Since it disappeared from the x-plane.org forums a couple of years ago I hardly ever visit there anymore.

Hoping for a positive, official answer...

(don't expect me to review this thread very often due to above issue...)

• Like 4

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

I also used Tapatalk, but this new forum works well on a mobile browser

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Yup, 95% of use via Tapatalk previously. Somewhat miffed it is no longer supported. Please sort it out guys, it's a downgrade in its current state.

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

Maybe, but it requires a browser to be open to see notifications.

In Tapatalk:

* I get notifications on the notification bar regardless what app im currently using or if I have my phone in my pocket

* I have sound notifications

* all subforums I subscribe to are listed at one location

* all new content in individual threads I subscribe to are listed at one location

* sub-subforums to subforums I subscribe to didn't generate notifications. Some might think this was a bad thing, but I liked it. For instance, I subscribe to the Heatblur subforum because I am only interested in the Viggen, J-35 Draken AI, Scandinavian map and other potential Swedish aircrafts. Going into the Heatblur subforum I immediately saw if anything had happen in the Viggen sub-subforum. Now I get notifications for F-14 sub-subforum related stuff, something I am completely uninterested in.

* most likely I have forgotten about something

• Like 2

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Also 99% using Tapatalk... This is bad. As in really bad... :(

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Don't get me wrong, I am not happy that Tapatalk is not working either - I have other forums and work with them all via Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Don't get me wrong, I am not happy that Tapatalk is not working either - I have other forums and work with them all via Tapatalk

Na, didn't criticize you, just listing some of the good stuff with Tapatalk not easily achievable with a browser forum, for anyone not knowing. Stating the forum works good on a mobile browser might make people believe our request is of minor importance when in fact it's quite major. Just wanted to highlight the real reasons.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

yes, works great! I have just tried twice to post a longer answer in the German forum section with the Ipad in the browser. Two chrashes, each time the written text is gone. This is of course a good way to reduce the traffic in the forum.

While I was writing this short answer, I had 6 error messages and was logged out of the system twice and had to log in again. I would like to attach the screenshots of the error messages to you. But guess what doesn't work ...

• ED Team

Hi all,

the forum is much improved now for mobile, but I will enquire about taptalk and let you all know.

thanks

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Or to get nice notifications about replies or requests for help

+1 - back up and running now :thumbup:

Yep, noticed it's back again, thanks!

But so far it is incredibly slow to load posts, and I have only gotten two notifications on it?

Ah well, let's see how it works out in a few days.

(by the way, I'm on Android, and it turns out that Tapatalk has been removed from the Play Store! Hope they sort out any issues leading up to that)

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

• ED Team

Yep sorry for the late reply, the team got it working again.

thank you

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Still issues with thread counts though, for example. In my ‘Subscribed Threads’ section, some of them show nonsensical counts like ‘833/825’ and the most recent posts refuse to load, eventually leading to error messages popping up.

Tapatalk works for me now, but emojis don't work in Tapatalk (iOS), it only posts four question marks.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)