New forum vs old forum

QuiGon

New forum vs old forum  

374 members have voted

1. 1. New forum vs old forum

• Old forum was better (desktop user mostly)
    • New forum is better (desktop user mostly)
    • Old forum was better (mobile user mostly)
    • New forum is better (mobile user mostly)
    • Old forum was better (desktop/mobile user)
    • New forum is better (desktop/mobile user)

@BIGNEWY - I think the problems are that this new layout is not hugely well structured, and is now using less than half the real estate of my monitor - I am really pleased that I have a 32" widescreen monitor because I would not be able to use this forum on a smaller screen without a lot of tweaking (or serious eyestrain). It seems to be a classic case of designers / implementers not asking users what they would like.....

I am not at all against changing it, but as someone who makes a living out of working with users to identify change requirements this is not a good way to do it

Edited by hornblower793
  • Like 3

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Id like to know where the User CP is; I have a ton of subscribed threads I have no idea where they are now.

If you click the Notifications tab and go to Message center--> left pane-->Subscriptions

PITA anyway...

• Like 1

sharkfin out!

Support your local AirTransportWing !

Roal Bavarian Airforce all the way

NEW RIGRYZEN 7  5800X3D~ AORUS GTX 1080Ti ~ AORUS X570S Elite AX ~64 GB Corsair Venegance DDR-4 3600 ~ BeQuiet AIO Silent loop 2 360  watercooled ~ Samsung 890 Pro M.2 (2TB) + 870 EVO (1TB) SSD ~ WIN 10 64-bit ~ AOC 31.5" Gaming 144Hz Display ~ DelanClip@TrackIR 5 ~ TM Warthog no.2 ~Saitek rudder pedals~ 2 TM MFDs on 2nd 27"display ~ Buddyfox A-10 UFC ~ CDU/AAP panel via DCSBios ~ ARC-210 (soldering WIP)

Is there Reason why you done this? Think that was the only thing without complains..joke aside old Format was way better

• Like 1

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

Let it go - change is always a must regardless.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

Id like to know where the User CP is; I have a ton of subscribed threads I have no idea where they are now.

Hi Hammer1-1, while they don't enhance this "new forum", you can access your subscribed threads by clicking on notifications / go to message center way up on the right menu. Then, on the new page left menu click on correspondent option (Subcriptions / Posts).

I too didn't like the new format, hope they revert to something more in line with the old one.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Having now had a look on my mobile device it has clearly been designed for this at the expense of a decent desktop experience

• Like 2

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

I'm guessing they had to change servers. I got used to this one already. It's not as good but it will do if there's no other choice.

Although I can't figure out how to change my avatar.

Just click on it. It will take you to where you can change it.

Although I can't figure out how to change my avatar.

Sniped by @joker68

Anybody Know were the user files are ie skins ect?

On Forum? Here https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/english/dcs-world-topics/mods-and-apps/liveries-skinning .

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I suspect that the move was aimed to be more suitable to mobile access (the ever present "mobile tyranny"). Maybe the stats showed the team that the majority of access are coming from small devices. Maybe they just wanted something new. If it was the first one, although I agree that nowadays everyone is using mobile access way more than desktop access (count me out!), I play DCS on a desktop, and thus most of the time I'm accessing the forums I'm on the same desktop, with a bigger screen on my face, not having to squeeze my eyes to read on a tiny little smartphone screen. Anyway, as all things in life, give it time and we will adapt. I see that we can have different themes on this one... it may be enhanced, I guess.

• Like 1

This is very bad:puke:

Edited by JayBird
Emojis don't seem to work...
  • Like 1

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

I dont care about looks, but I do miss a way to just see the threads with new posts :(

edit: I also wonder what happened to my photo galleries :(

edit 2: does anyone knows what is the meaning of the bargraph beneath the avatar pic, on the left sidebar?

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Even PMDG uses the same forum format software

The format looks nice and all.

Just had a look at that one. It seems to work better as it has Latest Activity and my Subscriptions set at the top level of the forum. Here it is set at a sub-sub-forum level which makes it nigh on unusable as a feature. So hopefully that is simply how it has been set up and can be altered.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

edit 2: does anyone knows what is the meaning of the bargraph beneath the avatar pic, on the left sidebar?
Hovering over it looks like reputation. You good, me bad

Edit: tried to add a smilie at the end of that and failed!

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Yes.Revert to classic wold be a thing for me,too !

Missing to be able to read the last post of a topic !

Well......all said. The old style was more "convenient"....

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB