New forum vs old forum

QuiGon

New forum vs old forum  

374 members have voted

1. 1. New forum vs old forum

• Old forum was better (desktop user mostly)
    • New forum is better (desktop user mostly)
    • Old forum was better (mobile user mostly)
    • New forum is better (mobile user mostly)
    • Old forum was better (desktop/mobile user)
    • New forum is better (desktop/mobile user)

This new update to the forums is really nice - glad you took that step as previous update was not so great. I like this one very much!

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

This is much better! Glad you came to your senses.

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

Seems to be working in Tapatalk now. Here’s an emoji test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by RogueSqdn
  • Like 1

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

I have a 2K monitor and only can see no more than 4 post at a time (and are 2 lines posts). In my phone, when entering to the main forum I can only see 4 sub forums, 4!!!. before, with the html forum I could se like 20 sub forums per screen. I'm losing a line to have the "105k messages".. who is willing to lose a line in order to have this information? nobody. 

I knew that the old forum was going to change sooner or later, but I expected it to be better, more functional, not way less functional. This is unusable, my mouse wheel won't last more that two days in this style. Now I need a 4K monitor to have the same information I had before on an old 17" monitor. 

And please don't say "We understand that change can be difficult", like if we where old dinosaurs that are afraid to change. We love change, but change for better, not for worst. 

The style is nicer, but if I had to chose, I chose the old one, which was way more functional. 

Edited by mikel.132

Interl i7 6700k - 32Gb RAM DDR4 - RX 590 8GB - Sentey 32"2560x1440 - Saitek X-55 - TrackIr 3

12 minutes ago, mikel.132 said:

I have a 2K monitor and only can se no more than 4 post at a time (and are 2 lines posts). In my phone, when entering to the main forum I can only see 4 sub forums, 4!!!. before, with the html forum I could se like 20 sub forums per screen. I'm losing a line to have the "105k messages".. who is willing to lose a line in order to have this information? nobody. 

I knew that the old forum was going to change sooner or later, but I expected it to be better, more functional, not way less functional. This is unusable, my mouse wheel won't last more that two days in this style. Now I need a 4K monitor to have the same information that I had before on an old 17" monitor. 

And pleas don't say "We understand that change can be difficult", like if we where old dinosaurs that are afraid to change. We love change, but change for better, not for worst. 

The style is nicer, but if I had to chose, I chose the old one, which was way more functional. 

Of course you do realize you are talking to a group that got excited about a less functional F14 A model don’t you?  
Hey Mike, when ya adding the glove vanes to the home page???

• Like 1

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

PMs and the personal area seem to be much faster than they were with the previous forum upgrade.

Also like the skin.

So far I'm liking it!

My second biggest gripe with the old new forum was that posts from blocked users didn't show any sign of existence, and so I sometimes wondered who or what the heck people were responding to. Curious if this will be fixed with the new forum as well.

And, most important of all:

20201201_132325.jpg

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

On a first glance I have to say that I like the new new forum much more than the old new forum! 👍

Also the communication was much better this time around with an announcement in the weekly newsletter!

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

8 minutes ago, QuiGon said:

On a first glance I have to say that I like the new new forum much more than the old new forum! 👍

Also the communication was much better this time around with an announcement in the weekly newsletter!

I thoroughly loathe it so far because I can't find a way to manually edit posts without using the visual editing tools. Quoting in particular is just horrendous now, especially if you want to do it in later edits of a post. The old new forums had warts, but being able to properly edit your posts wasn't one of them. Ugh.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

Compared to the last upgrade this is really nice! It feels more modern and quite usable. Of course there's stuff to sort out, but that road is a lot less curvy with this version in place. 👍

23 minutes ago, Santus said:

Am I the only one who cannot find a way to edit old posts?

No, it happens to me too ... I wanted to edit posts that used the old Youtube tag, but there seems to be no way to edit them 😞

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Now I can say the forum graphics look nice now, for a while I was wondering what happened....

I don't know about performance yet.... too new

Kudos to the powers that be...

also, I have not looked at the forum options, in the last couple of days for the user... so as time goes on we shall see ..

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

2 hours ago, Santus said:

Am I the only one who cannot find a way to edit old posts?

I can't edit old posts either. This must be fixed.

Also, unless I miss something, the "advanced search" options are severely limited. To efficiently look for old bug reports and submit new ones, we have to be able to efficiently search the forums by date, by username, by subforum hierarchy, and or logic of keywords ... etc

There needs to be an "unlink" button as well as the "link" button. Now hyperlinked text must be erased and retyped to remove the link.

Edited by -0303-

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

I wish, we could revert to the old (not the previous one) forum!

Especially I hate this for mobile devices optimized design in portrait format with giant fonts.

Additionally I'm unable to edit old posts and consequently unable to service my checklists.

Edit: At least it's possible to edit old posts again.

Edited by AstonMartinDBS

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

deleted, see suggestion thread.

Edited by -0303-

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

On 12/2/2020 at 5:38 PM, AstonMartinDBS said:

I wish, we could revert to the old (not the previous one) forum!

Especially I hate this for mobile devices optimized design in portrait format with giant fonts.

Additionally I'm unable to edit old posts and consequently unable to service my checklists.

Edit: At least it's possible to edit old posts again.

Are you perhaps on iOS?

Because on my Android phone, the forum looks great. No "giant fonts" here. Also editing my posts is no problem.

(I really don't understand all the resistance against the new forum) 

Screenshot_20201206-094921_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20201206-094609_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

On 12/6/2020 at 9:54 AM, sirrah said:

Are you perhaps on iOS?

Only sometimes on iOS - most of the time I use the forum via Desktop (UHD/4k), and there is a lot of wasted space due to portrait format.

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

Monday morning when I usually get my updates from my saved subscribed threads, today, nothing. Login to forum, they've all been deleted, and this is progress.

Modules NOT currently in my hanger

Yak 52/F-14 Tomcat/CE II/Mig-19/I-16/FW-A-8/JF-17/Supercarrier

My system:

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 mobo

3.5 GHz Intel Core i5 4690k

H100i CPU Cooler

16 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 Hyper X Fury Red

MSI GTX980ti GPU

EVGA 850W PSU

Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD

128gb Plextor M.2 storage (Boot Drive)

Windows 10 X64 Professional

Acer XB281HK G-sync monitor

Trackir 5

MFG Crosswind pedals

T M Warthog Hotas

• ED Team
4 часа назад, mondaysoff сказал:

Monday morning when I usually get my updates from my saved subscribed threads, today, nothing. Login to forum, they've all been deleted, and this is progress.

Please ensure that you have notifications enabled here for followed topics/forums: https://forums.eagle.ru/notifications/options/

image_259187.png.12ec9a78d99caec431e08ab83fd4ee4d.png

18 hours ago, const said:

Please ensure that you have notifications enabled here for followed topics/forums: https://forums.eagle.ru/notifications/options/

Yes I have enabled that option, thanks, but I cannot seem to find my old subscriptions, over 300 that were organised into folders, is it possible also with the new Manage Followed Content to organise in a similar way? I would not be happy or be bothered to scroll through hundreds of lines of content without an organised structure.

Many Thanks

Modules NOT currently in my hanger

Yak 52/F-14 Tomcat/CE II/Mig-19/I-16/FW-A-8/JF-17/Supercarrier

My system:

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 mobo

3.5 GHz Intel Core i5 4690k

H100i CPU Cooler

16 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 Hyper X Fury Red

MSI GTX980ti GPU

EVGA 850W PSU

Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD

128gb Plextor M.2 storage (Boot Drive)