What did I miss?

Tiger-II

Hi,

Not flown in a while, and wondering what I missed regarding the Jeff?

It seems there is still much work to be done on the RADAR modes?

What is the deal with the SD-10A? It seems the flight model/guidance logic has been changed again (temporarily)?

Not to beat a dead horse, but can we have a "current progress" thread so we can keep up-to-date with the current state of things?

What is the situation with the BRM missiles? Did they get corrected? They were so wild they were almost unusable in some situations, and fine in others (particularly shallow shots where it could miss by flying wide and impact behind the target).

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

Depends how long you’ve been away.

The radar in ACM is now much better and picks up contacts quicker in dogfighting but that was done awhile ago.

There is a bug where the F-16 and F-18 can pickup a SD-10 launch from any range even tho fired in TWS so those aircraft could have 50nm warning of incoming missiles. As a result it is a ED problem and is going to take time to fix so in the mean time the SD-10 is has become the Aim-120 but with a lower performance with counter measure resistance but has kept the longer battery life.

The BRM’s are no longer beam riding and now on the A-10C II apkws scheme and last time I used them they are really good. There was a problem discovered a little while ago that some vehicles hit box was actually larger then the 3D model so the BRM’s would just fly over the top of the target. But that was fixed by ED.

• Like 1

Hi,

Not flown in a while, and wondering what I missed regarding the Jeff?

It seems there is still much work to be done on the RADAR modes?

What is the deal with the SD-10A? It seems the flight model/guidance logic has been changed again (temporarily)?

Not to beat a dead horse, but can we have a "current progress" thread so we can keep up-to-date with the current state of things?

What is the situation with the BRM missiles? Did they get corrected? They were so wild they were almost unusable in some situations, and fine in others (particularly shallow shots where it could miss by flying wide and impact behind the target).

I recommend you to read the changelogs from the moment you stopped flying.

Link: https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/english/licensed-third-party-projects/deka-ironwork-simulations/259225-dcs-jf-17-chinaassetpack-changelog

There have been quite a lot of improvements recently. I personally love all the quality of life things they have added over time. Definitely best to check change log.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 III ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - LOW EXPERIENCE - ABANDONED

Yeah, I'm wondering what the status of the A/A radar rework/update is gonna be. It still seems pretty magical now in terms of the update rate for maneuvering contacts and such.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Yeah, I'm wondering what the status of the A/A radar rework/update is gonna be. It still seems pretty magical now in terms of the update rate for maneuvering contacts and such.

I can’t say anything for the radar onboard the JF-17 but the radars we use in real life that send out over 700 pulses every second with a 360degree refresh rate with less then 2 seconds then I would expect that a radar only looking forward would be close to instant.

I can’t say anything for the radar onboard the JF-17 but the radars we use in real life that send out over 700 pulses every second with a 360degree refresh rate with less then 2 seconds then I would expect that a radar only looking forward would be close to instant.

Not if its scanning a volume with a mech scan radar. It only gets updated when it passes over the AC. In STT you are right, but we are talking TWS here so there is an update rate. Which you can actually watch on the screen in real time (that bar going left right, and the notches on the side going up/down) There is no way in reality I should see the floppy death dance on TWS that I see in the Jeff. Basically its not using trackfiles as currently modeled, rather just taking the immediate position of the other AC and displaying its vector if it meets whatever criteria. So its more like a FC3 radar rather than something like the F18/16/14 radar.

Basically the way a track file works is that you have the first "ping" and the computer figures out plane is at X,Y,Z coordinates (or polar if you prefer), then the second "ping" gives you X1, Y1, Z1. From that you can get a vector, and velocity. And it gets updated every time there is a "ping". But there is no way unless you are in STT that its instant, at best you are talking 1-2 secs between updates with most radars of this era. Of course with AESA radars its near instant, which makes them magic.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).