Submarines

PoorOldSpike

On 4/28/2021 at 11:22 PM, Admiral189 said:

I would like to add my submarine test yesterday! The photos below tell the story! The 4 torpedoes completely missed the destroyer! 

I tested the Viics submarine today and they did hit the ships but they have to be close. We all know a modern enemy sub isn't going to get anywhere near any modern warships.

Screen-210427-204159.gif

Yeah, 

PS- The YU-6 torps seem to be oldfashioned "dumb" types that don't have an active acoustic seeker head, and they can't be steered either, we just have to fire them and hope they hit.

I noticed in my tests earlier in this thread that in the final mile or so of their run they begin running in an S-shaped path sweeping from side to side which increases their chance of hitting.

• Like 1

Nah, that's a bug with torpedoes I reported a few months back, NineLine tagged it as being investigated but nothing so far.

No torpedo fired from the Type VIIC should do a snake like search-pattern (which is more common in acoustic homing torpedoes). The G7a T1 has no special homing modes or guidance systems at all - it's a gyro-angle straight running torpedo. 

I'm pretty sure they're gearing up to increase the fidelity of torpedoes as of 2.7, inside Scripts -> Database -> Weapons -> schemes -> torpedoes there are several new guidance schemes, presumably awaiting completion and implementation.

Edited by Northstar98
formatting
  • Like 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.